TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Edwin MacPhisto

"By The Way"

Guest Edwin MacPhisto

The Red Hot Chili Peppers have come a long way from getting famous for playing funk with socks around their dicks. I picked up By The Way this morning on a trip to Best Buy, have listened to it twice since then, and I'll be damned if it isn't wonderful. It's nearly free of horny adolescent posturing (of course, RHCP did that better than most anyone else anyway), sounds great, and has some big surprises from the Chili Peppers, even taking into account the "mellowing out" that took control on Californication.

Just go spend the 12 bucks and buy it. 66 minutes of fantastic music, totally worth it. Check out "Cabron," "Tear," "Venice Queen," and "This Is The Place" if you want a taste.

It kicks. Woo. Go impulse buys, go.

Guest redbaron51

Hmmm...RHCP usually produce lots of quality music, but it can get really annoying if its really overplayed IMO.

Though with Californication being a tremendous CD from 2000, i'll probably buy it at HMV for 15.99

Guest godthedog
Just go spend the 12 bucks and buy it.

where do you shop? i don't think i've been able to buy a cd (excluding those 'nice price' ones) for 12 bucks since 1999.

Guest Shaved Bear

never by CDs in a mall, that will be the death of your wallet eventually, just get to somewhere else, like The Wiz, or for people outside the NY/NJ/CT area go to like...wherever

Guest Zero_Cool

My brother picked it up after work today, he hasn't heard much, but he thinks it's crap. :(

Then again, he did buy an SR71 album. ;)

Guest C-Bacon
i'll probably buy it at HMV for 15.99

i dont think you'll be buying it at hmv. they refused to buy any records from warner over some dispute over cd prices

Guest TheDames7

The Wiz is very cheap. Shaved Bear, do you go to the one on Fordham & Jerome Ave?

Dames

Guest The Man in Blak

I have absolute faith that the album itself is going to be great...

...but the GODDAMN song is beyond overplayed.

Guest Edwin MacPhisto
where do you shop? i don't think i've been able to buy a cd (excluding those 'nice price' ones) for 12 bucks since 1999.

Best Buy had it for 9.99 today only, actually. I think it's 11.99 the rest of the week. Target's got it for 11.88 all week. Yeah, it's not supporting the small record stores, but oh well, such is life.

Guest Incandenza
Yeah, it's not supporting the small record stores, but oh well, such is life.

The idea of suporting indepedent record stores is nice, but when I can get the same exact CD for three or four bucks less at Best Buy, is there really a choice?

Guest hardyz1

*Turns on the radio*

"Standing in line to see the show tonight..."

ARRRRGGGH!!! NOT AGAIN!!!!

Guest saturnmark4life

It's looking to be the most overplayed song EVER. It's good, but i never want to hear it again. 'Cabron' is the other album track i've heard, and i thought that was pretty awesome. 'By the way' the track is a bit too poppy for me.

Guest Edwin MacPhisto

Heh. See, I don't listen to the radio unless it's the local 80's station, and I try to avoid MTV as much as possible too, so I'd only heard the song maybe a half-dozen times at best before buying the album. Mwa ha ha.

Guest Shaved Bear
The Wiz is very cheap. Shaved Bear, do you go to the one on Fordham & Jerome Ave?

Dames

when I'm around school

otherwise there is one in brooklyn on 86th and 5th

11.99 on all CDs is awesome

Guest dreamer420

i plan on getting this disk shortly. i wasn't a huge fan of the chilli peppers until californication came out and i fell in love with that entire cd.

Guest TheDames7
The Wiz is very cheap.  Shaved Bear, do you go to the one on Fordham & Jerome Ave?

Dames

when I'm around school

otherwise there is one in brooklyn on 86th and 5th

11.99 on all CDs is awesome

I don't live far from that Wiz. One bus, 10 minutes away.

Dames

Guest Choken One

I heard most of this album and it's worth it...I'll jiggy on down and plop 9.99 for it. Yes, 9.99. Target.

Guest RetroRob215

I love the Chili Peppers. Blood Sugar Sex Magic is my favorite album of their's, but I have yet to buy the new one.

For those of you in the tri-state area, I think Tower Records has far better prices than The Wiz in general. Although Target rules all.