TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest SuperTonyJaymz

Comic Book Help

Guest SuperTonyJaymz

Okay, so I was going through my old comic books earlier today and noticed two things

1. Seventies Era Spiderman was pimp

and 2. There was this 4 part batman miniseries called The Last Arkham. Now, I only have issue one of the series, but could anyone tell me if theres a way I can get the other 3 issues? Site? Store?

Guest areacode212

I preferred Eighties-era Spidey myself. As for The Last Arkham, I believe it was the first story arc of the now-cancelled Batman: Shadow of the Bat series. You can probably get the individual issues from somewhere, or it may be more convenient to get the TPB here.

Guest SuperTonyJaymz

I think I remeber Shadow Of The Bat, when jean Luc, Azreal or whatever, became the new uber cool batman, and basically became a bad ass bad guy until wayne came back? I got some fo those.

thanks for the help. I got mainly 70's and eighties spidey. BTW Who was The Hobgolbin? I got the comic were they say its Flash Thompson but I always thought it was Harry Osbourn.

Guest gthureson

Hobgoblin I was Ned Leeds wasn't it?

And Hobgoblin II was Jason Macendale?

Guest areacode212

Yeah...someone else will be able to tell the story in greater detail, but the Hobgoblin turned out to be Ned Leeds, even though Roger Stern (I believe) ORIGINALLY intended him to be Roderick Kingsley (and he set things up that way).

Ned Leeds was killed behind the scenes during the Spider-Man vs. Wolverine one-shot in the 80s. But in a later issue of Amazing Spider-Man, the Kingpin hands Spidey a file that explains that he was Hobgoblin all along, and his death was revenge for something-or-other. I forget.

Guest pochorenella
Yeah...someone else will be able to tell the story in greater detail, but the Hobgoblin turned out to be Ned Leeds, even though Roger Stern (I believe) ORIGINALLY intended him to be Roderick Kingsley (and he set things up that way).

I didn't get a chance to read it but I remember there was a mini-series a couple of years back that actually clarified all of this and proved that the Hobgoblin was Kingsley all along. I even seem to remember that it was written by Stern himself, who also said the clues for this revelation were there all the time.

Guest starvenger

>I didn't get a chance to read it but I remember there was a mini-series a couple of years back that actually clarified all of this and proved that the Hobgoblin was Kingsley all along. I even seem to remember that it was written by Stern himself, who also said the clues for this revelation were there all the time.

Neither did I but you're absolutely right. The final tally was:

Hobgoblin 0: Roderick Kingsley

Hobgoblin 1: Ned Leeds

Hobgoblin 2: Jason Macendale