TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Soup Bone

WWE sucks

Guest Soup Bone

Without a doubt the WWE is in a world of hurt. New faces, like John Cena and Chris Nowinski, are not drawing, and old faces, like Hulk Hogan, Shawn Michaels, and even the Rock aren't either. Prospects such as Scott Steiner and Goldberg won't turn things around either. This downward spiral in ratings and quality is not helped by the uprising competition of NWA-TNA. Vince McMahon has deep pockets and a deep roster, and there is no reason why his creative team can't come up with some solutions to this problem. I've got some ideas:

1) Vince needs to buy the rights to ECW. ECW is still extremely popular, if fan reaction to the group's former stars is any indication. Vince can own ECW while letting Paul Heyman operate it. This will free up the roster from its current state of disarray. But, perhaps more importantly, it will create artificial competition with the WWE. If Vince's ego can handle ECW getting better ratings than his own product, he would go through with it. All profits go to WWE, the parent company, and by saturating the market, he will downplay any possibility of NWA-TNA becoming a serious contender.

2) Come up with new gimmicks and scenarios for the wrestling matches. All the current match types have been overused or have lost their draw. Creativity is the key in reviving the WWE product.

Some creative decision-making of Vince McMahon's part, not the risque approach that worked the last time, is what is needed for the WWE to get back on track. It may never become the pop culture phenomenon that it was a couple of years ago, but we all want to be entertained week after week.

Guest pinnacleofallthingsmanly

How come everyone joins the forum and wants to jump right into the WWF folder and create a thread talking about how much the WWF sucks and how the would fix it?

Guest the pinjockey

To acknowledge or not to acknowledge..hmm...Oh look a bird hehehe.

Guest mickberna
ECW is still extremely popular, if fan reaction to the group's former stars is any indication.

You mean former stars like Tazz, D-Von Dudley, Justin Credible, Raven, Dreamer, and Steven Richards? Oh yeah, that would SO rule.

The only former ECW star that is really over is RVD. Buh Buh is barely over, and Tajiri was over but is now as good as dead and buried. Rhyno was over, but who knows when he'll return, and even if fans will remember him.

Yep, bringing back a bankrupt, failed promotion sounds like a great idea!

Guest RobJohnstone

even though I agree that ecw shouldn;t come back, this thread kind of got into a flame, it should be in NHB, thanks

--Rob

Guest Austin3164life

Ah yes, the "WWF Sucks. I can fix it" thread. A classic perennial newcomer thread.....

Guest Fook_Hing_Ho
2) Come up with new gimmicks and scenarios for the wrestling matches. All the current match types have been overused or have lost their draw. Creativity is the key in reviving the WWE product.

Of course! No one has ever thought of that before! "Come up with new ideas" ...man that's fucking brilliant!!!

Guest HartFan86

I'm surprised Soup Bone's 3rd answer to all the WWF's problems was "Restart the XFL."

Guest Nezbyte

How do you EXPECT Cena and Nowinski to draw when they've had a combined total of about 5 on air matches!

Fucking retard.

Guest Brian

"Come up with new gimmicks and scenarios for the wrestling matches. All the current match types have been overused or have lost their draw. Creativity is the key in reviving the WWE product."

Thta would be the reason why gimmick matches get played out in the first place. How about this...no more gimmick matches except when a major feud is at a conclusion or needs to freshen up, and even than they're not needed.

Guest Redhawk
ECW is still extremely popular, if fan reaction to the group's former stars is any indication.

You mean former stars like Tazz, D-Von Dudley, Justin Credible, Raven, Dreamer, and Steven Richards? Oh yeah, that would SO rule.

The only former ECW star that is really over is RVD. Buh Buh is barely over, and Tajiri was over but is now as good as dead and buried. Rhyno was over, but who knows when he'll return, and even if fans will remember him.

But be honest, you know damn well everyone would go crazy if the Dudley Boyz reunited. Tajiri is still pretty popular with fans, and Tazz would be too if he were to ever wrestle again.

Guest Soup Bone

for your INFORMATION, i am no newbie...i have been posting here for quite some time under a different name, so fuck off

Guest MrRant
for your INFORMATION, i am no newbie...i have been posting here for quite some time under a different name, so fuck off

Well even if you are not a newbie... you seem to be quite bitchy.

Guest Spaceman Spiff

But be honest, you know damn well everyone would go crazy if the Dudley Boyz reunited. Tajiri is still pretty popular with fans, and Tazz would be too if he were to ever wrestle again.

Well, that's 4 people. Not exactly enough to base an entire promotion around. Plus, there's no way Vince would let them work an "ECW" style. Plus, they'd have to try to get a TV deal somewhere, which won't be easy considering they couldn't get one when trying to set up "WCW".

Guest Goodear

Quite frankly, I could care less about post counts, good ideas are good ideas. I just don't think these are really good or realistic ideas. Anyway, on to the actual details.

Without a doubt the WWE is in a world of hurt.  New faces, like John Cena and Chris Nowinski, are not drawing, and old faces, like Hulk Hogan, Shawn Michaels, and even the Rock aren't either.  Prospects such as Scott Steiner and Goldberg won't turn things around either.  This downward spiral in ratings and quality is not helped by the uprising competition of NWA-TNA.  Vince McMahon has deep pockets and a deep roster, and there is no reason why his creative team can't come up with some solutions to this problem.  I've got some ideas:

Hey, I'm not going to argue that WWE is lighting a firestorm right now, because they just aren't. Now, I don't know that you can blame "new guys" or "old guys", when the obvious problem is they can't seem to write consistant interesting stories. And thats exactly why you are correct when you say bringing in Goldberg or Steiner is not going to bring the ratings around.

1) Vince needs to buy the rights to ECW.  ECW is still extremely popular, if fan reaction to the group's former stars is any indication.  Vince can own ECW while letting Paul Heyman operate it.  This will free up the roster from its current state of disarray.  But, perhaps more importantly, it will create artificial competition with the WWE.  If Vince's ego can handle ECW getting better ratings than his own product, he would go through with it.  All profits go to WWE, the parent company, and by saturating the market, he will downplay any possibility of NWA-TNA becoming a serious contender.

While I think you are overexagerating the reaction the change in initials would bring, I think you are right in that there needs to be a marked difference in the wrestling styles presented by Smackdown and RAW. There needs to be a difference between the shows other than the rosters. I propose a change in style for Smackdown that allows for a less punchy-kicky series of matches and instead takes on a more aerial and high impact style where guys are more likely to trade slams than punches. Providing variety in the matches from show to show would allow for a better reason to watch both.

2) Come up with new gimmicks and scenarios for the wrestling matches.  All the current match types have been overused or have lost their draw.  Creativity is the key in reviving the WWE product.

I think you're wrong and right at the same time. I think new gimmicks would be interesting but they would also get overused in today's WWE. WWE needs to put more value into their gimmick staples like ladder and cage matches and not put them on free TV unless they are blowing off a feud there.

Guest saturnmark4life

How the fuck is this guy 'quite bitchy' when he didn't flame anyone and you all basically laughed in his face? Fuckups. Not that i agree with him, mind.

Guest FeArHaVoC

We all bitch about RVD being "Buried" and this and that, but he is no doubt one of the biggest names Vince has right now. You really think Vince would let him off WWE TV? Come on now! <_<

Guest Harry Hood

IT doesn't really matter if you are a newbie or not, hell look at me. The point is you put yourself into a situation to be mocked and ridiculed because you gave two very bad ways to supposedly "fix" WWE

Guest AM The Kid

Um...what name?

Guest Redhawk
Well, that's 4 people. Not exactly enough to base an entire promotion around. Plus, there's no way Vince would let them work an "ECW" style. Plus, they'd have to try to get a TV deal somewhere, which won't be easy considering they couldn't get one when trying to set up "WCW".

It's not like the WWE wasn't based around a handful of people recently: Steve Austin, Triple H, The Rock, Hogan, and Undertaker

Guest SuperTonyJaymz

the scary thing is, this is like the 3rd time someone has said "rename WWE to ECW" type thing. Scary!

Guest Mr Monday Night

k, I would like to apologize to the entire membership of the Smark Marks message boards for giving the alleged "Soup Bone" this address. I thought his supposed knowledge of wrestling would make this board a more interesting place, but, alas, he did nothing more than pollute the board with mindless ramblings that, by far, the ass-fat sloppy messy slob fag marks thought of, way before "Soup Bone." However, I kinda disagree with the whole flaming on him. I do agree with him on one thing though...

The MSP should come back. (I was Pete Gas

for Halloween one year)

Guest Nevermortal

What exactly is a soup bone?

Isn't soup a liquid?

How could it be on a bone?