TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest hhh6294

AOL = SHIT

Guest hhh6294

Ok. I know I might be a diamond in the rough here... but I personally think AOL is the worst ISP out there.

Why you ask? Constant disconections. SEEMINGLY EVERY 1/2 AN HOUR FOR GOD SAKES!!!!

I visit these forums, cruise around a bit, and what happens? Goodbye!

why? Connection lost.

I have had to reinstall 7.0 EIGHT FUCKING TIMES last month because the main file had some damn bug up it's ass that screwed it up... I've had the lines I use be bust at least 6 times per day...

It's a whole laudry list of fuck ups... and personally... I am sick and tired of it.

I have had MSN's ISP for at least 1/2 a month now... and guess what... NOTHING bad has happened. I have not had to reinstall it, I have not been disonnected ONCE since I started to use it... and guess what? People in MSN's chat room at least have somewhat of a clue on reality.

If I am a diamond in the rough here on AOL=SHIT, then so be it... but somwhere, there must be someone else having this much problems with the damn thing.

Guest Kingpk

Just now you're grasping this concept?

The only reason I'm still using it is because I got a free year with my new computer. Come October, however, hello MSN.

Guest hhh6294
Just now you're grasping this concept?

Nah... I've had a good hold on it for about 2 years now... It's just gotten this bad in the last few months I had it...

Guest Austin3164life

Cable Internet is the way to go. Thank God Road Runner was created here in Rochester. I knew AOL was terrible when it was still "AOL 2.0"...

Guest razazteca

have you ever considered a local provider? some of these companys will charge as little as $9.95 a month.

Guest hhh6294

That's the problem... there are no local providers where I live... the closest one is about 3 1/2 hours away, and they would charge me 50 a month just because of the distance.

Guest TheDames7

I've had it for years....I've never really had that problem. I need a high speed connect though.

Dames

Guest papacita

I've got highspeed AOL (w/ DSL connection) and it works so much better. It's about $30 extra, but compared to what I was going through before (I had to wait until 1 or 2 in the morning just to get online, and if I got logged, I couldn't get back on for about 8 hours) it's worth it.

Guest The Superstar

I hate the constant disconnections too. It's not as bad now, but at times like 5 PM and stuff, I could get my "connection lost" about 10 times in one sitting.

Guest GenerationNever

I only use AOL for the AIM. I use Popupstopper in connection with Internet Explorer and never get cutoff anymore.

Guest jimmy no nose

I had AOL about 2 years ago and didn't really mind it, I changed to cable modem because I didn't want to tie up my phone and wanted better speed.