TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Karnage

Batman VS Superman

Guest Karnage

I thought there was going to be a Batman: Year One movie first...

LOS ANGELES (AP) - Maybe the Man of Steel will fight the Caped Crusader over top billing.

Warner Bros. announced production plans Tuesday for the warring superhero film Batman vs. Superman, which would pit the two DC Comics characters in a "battle of the titans," according to director Wolfgang Petersen. They play off of each other so perfectly," he said. "(Superman) is clear, bright, all that is noble and good, and Batman represents the dark, obsessive and vengeful side. They are two sides of the same coin and that is material for great drama."

No actors have been cast for the title roles yet, said Petersen, whose credits include The Perfect Storm and In the Line of Fire.

The new film is not a continuation of the previous Superman series starring Christopher Reeve, last brought to theatres in 1987's Superman IV: The Quest for Peace.

Batman vs. Superman, written by Seven screenwriter Andrew Kevin Walker, is tentatively set to begin filming in early 2003.

Guest caboose

Let me guess, they are tricked into battling each other, then at the end they will realise who the real bad guy is and take him/her out.

Guest razazteca

so how is this movie going to written? Will be an Else World movie set in an alternate universe or will Superman have to stop Batman from "crossing the Line" nearly killing a criminal?

Will this movie be produced by the same crew who were working on the Nick Cage Superman movie that was scrubbed?

I don't know about you but I would like to see Vin Diesel as the Dark Knight or Superman.

Guest caboose
I don't know about you but I would like to see Vin Diesel as the Dark Knight or Superman.

So basically you wanna see Vin Diesal in Tights?

Thats the big 1500~!

Guest evenflowDDT

This to me seems about as likely as the endless "Freddy vs. Jason" rumors or "Aliens vs. Predator"...

Guest razazteca
So basically you wanna see Vin Diesal in Tights?

haha your funny, well he is one of the up and commers in action movies, why not?

on a side note it seems that DC/Warner Brothers? is rushing to push any product out just because Marvel has hit big with Spiderman and X-Men as profitable franchises. The movie could be good given a good director and script.

Guest IDrinkRatsMilk

that's a terrible idea for a movie. there won't be a clear winner, they would obviously team up in the end, and if they did really fight, it's all too obvious who would win. if they had went for an R rating with the first Tim Burton Batman movie, it might have been my favorite movie ever. I'd rather see that. I won't see it, but it would be nice.

Guest areacode212
Let me guess, they are tricked into battling each other, then at the end they will realise who the real bad guy is and take him/her out.

I hope it won't be nearly that cliched and stupid. This is obviously their clever way of restarting both the Batman & Superman film franchises, so they better make sure this is a really good movie.

Guest NaturalBornThriller4:20
This to me seems about as likely as the endless "Freddy vs. Jason" rumors or "Aliens vs. Predator"...

Well,Freddy.Vs.Jason-is-being-made-for-it-has-a-Director

and-production-start-dates.

The-last-I-knew-about-the-Alien.Vs.Predator-it-was-dead.

Guest GenerationNever

Horrible idea, how are they going to distinguish the characters?

Guest chirs3

If they can make a Godzilla vs King Kong movie, they can make a Batman vs Superman movie.

Superman would kick all kinds of ass, but that's another thread.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Batman has to win.

I think if he lost to Superman the entire comic universe would collapse.

Guest IDrinkRatsMilk

Godzilla vs. King Kong was bullshit too. King Kong won... not only does Godzilla have the clear advantage, most people like Godzilla better. A dissapointing ending, and Batman vs. Superman would likely end the same way, with either the wrong person going over, or nobody going over at all.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

I love when people use wrestling terms when talking about other things.

I do it too.

I use heel, face, swerve, put over and hold down in many situations

Guest Vern Gagne

Batman will probably carry a foreign object (kryptonite)to the fight.

Guest areacode212
Godzilla vs. King Kong was bullshit too. King Kong won... not only does Godzilla have the clear advantage, most people like Godzilla better. A dissapointing ending, and Batman vs. Superman would likely end the same way, with either the wrong person going over, or nobody going over at all.

The movie will most likely be about their philosophies colliding, as opposed to a nonstop 2-hour fight between the two.

But yeah, they'll definitely have a fight at the end. Batman will go over, of course, but Superman will find a way to get his heat back somehow.

Guest SupaTaft

How would that even make a decent movie? Batman is barely a "superhero", he is just a hero. Superman has super strength for crying out loud, and Batman is just a fit human. Superman can fly without special gadgets. Batman relies on technology to fight, Superman has every weapon he needs in his own body.

Don't get me wrong, I hate both of them, but Superman would ownj Batman.

Guest starvenger
How would that even make a decent movie? Batman is barely a "superhero", he is just a hero. Superman has super strength for crying out loud, and Batman is just a fit human. Superman can fly without special gadgets. Batman relies on technology to fight, Superman has every weapon he needs in his own body.

Don't get me wrong, I hate both of them, but Superman would ownj Batman.

Well, Batman is on e of the smartest people alive in the DCU, as well as being a master in various forms of armed and unarmed combat, and most importantly, he'll CHEAT TO WIN~! if he has to.

Guest chirs3

Yes, it's kind of hard to picture Batman winning when Superman has 46238947329 superpowers to kick his ass with.

If Batman wins, will it be seen as holding a more talented superhero down? GLASS CEILING~!

Guest Karnage

Superman is literally invincible, but Batman works out a lot, is super intelligent and since this is a live action movie, he will have bat skates and a credit card that never expires.

Guest GenerationNever

Superman can break through all kinds of ceilings, Batman would have to hold him down with a Kryptonite ceiling.

Guest RavishingRickRudo

This is just stupid, can't you all see!

Catwoman is Lois Lane and Superman and Batman will have to fight over her.

DUH

Guest DrTom

"Don't get me wrong, I hate both of them, but Superman would ownj Batman."

Read Frank Miller's "The Dark Knight Returns." Superman should have brought a backpack, 'cuz Batman took his red-and-blue punk ass to school. I'm not that familiar with the continuity of the regular comics these days, but AFAIK, every time they have had a major battle, Batman has won. Brains will overcome brute force.

It's kind of funny in "The Dark Knight Returns" and "The Dark Knight Strikes Again" to hear Batman mocking Superman for basically being a brawny oaf while he kicks the shit out of him.

Guest Big McLargeHuge

But bad writing is really to blame for that. If Superman was 'booked' to use his brains as well as his brawn, then his rep as an oaf wouldn't haunt him.

what the hell am I talking about?

Guest The Son of Sting
If Batman wins, will it be seen as holding a more talented superhero down? GLASS CEILING~!

No doubt HHH will be playing the part of Batman.

This a mistake, they should have released seperate films for both first before doing this film. It also smells of desperation as Marvel are leaving them behind with their films, so DC are going to rush this out.

Guest GenerationNever

Eh, who needs Superman? BTW, what state is Gotham in? I know New York exists in the DC world, so it can't be that.