TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Nevermortal

Tommy "Fuckface" Fierro Returns

Guest Nevermortal
I have been recently thinking about what the next big concept in wrestling could be. There's got to be one, there always is. I have been thinking non-stop about this idea and have been coming up blank. I thought to myself that everything has been done and there's nothing else left to do that would be a hot new concept. I then thought to myself that there has to be a new concept that WWE could use that would make their shows must watch programs. After giving it much thought, I think I might have come up with a concept that would make this industry hot again.

Why do sport fans watch baseball, basketball, football, and hockey? Besides the fact that they love the sport, they watch it because it's a competition and they want to see who wins. At the end of their seasons they always give the fans the big pay off. The big pay off is watching the very best compete in the play offs and than the finals for the big prize. Every game played in baseball, basketball, football, and hockey mean something because it determines whether a team gets a check in the win or lose column. In WWE, it doesn't matter if a wrestler wins his match or not.

I believe WWE needs a hot new concept to not only keep their current audience hooked, but to hook all the old fans that aren't watching anymore and try and hook new sport fans into watching. The brand extension hasn't worked thus far, but with there being two separate groups, the time is perfect to use my new concept.

The concept is.............Make the WWE a competition.

Oh jeez. You do know that wrestling is fake, right?

Four times a year, WWE wrestlers will compete for the chance of winning $1 Million Dollars. They'd have to make this legit and actually give the wrestler a million dollars. Four million dollars a year to invest on this new concept would easily be worth it if it caught on.

I can see the problems coming already. If they legitimately GAVE a wrestler 1 Million, would you not think that his fellow wrestlers would be jealous, to the point of actually harming the man? The next thing you know, you'd get people going over the bosses heads to make sure they are the ones who are receiving 1 million dollar bonuses.

WWE could keep the win/lose records of every wrestler on Raw and Smackdown. The win/lose records would not only be television matches, it would be PPV and house show matches as well. Every week they can devote a minute of their program to post the results of house shows for that week to update the fans on the win/lose records of all the guys. When a wrestler enters the ring, they put a graphic up of his current record on the screen. After three months, the top four guys on Raw and Smackdown advance to the play offs for the chance to win $1 Million Dollars.

The wrestler with the best record on Raw takes on the wrestler with the third best wrestler on Raw. The second and forth guy do the same. Same thing with the top four guys on Smackdown. The winners advance to the finals of their group. The winner of Raw then takes on the winner of Smackdown on PPV in the "$1 Million Dollar Match."

Granted, this would make winning & losing worthwhile again, but it also would devalue the titles (In My Opinion). Who cares about a 10 pound belt when you can win matches for no reason, and get wins racked up, and not have to worry about defenses, etc?

How exciting would it be watching two guys wrestling each other on PPV for $1 Million Dollars? I know I'd order the PPV just to see that match.

I'd also order PPV to see you beaten with reeds. In a burlap bag.

This concept would do many things. It would make a matches like Val Venis vs. Hardcore Holly actually mean something. It would make programs like Heat and Velocity must watch shows if you're following the system. It could generate more fans at the house shows to see who's going to win and lose. Most importantly, it could get ratings up.

It could also be a great way to establish new stars. Usually the bigger names are programmed with each other on Raw and Smackdown. They usually trade wins back and forth. So while Kurt Angle and HHH are taking turns winning and losing matches every week, guys like Jeff Hardy, Randy Orton, and Bautista are on a hot streak winning every week. WWE could have the chance four times a year to create new superstars.

I think making WWE a competition could be the new big boom period in our industry.

What's the difference if you watch Velocity or Heat, or go to the House Shows? You'll be given the results. This will effect House Shows the most. People go to House Shows because of one thing, they'll be partaking in something that is different from TV, because nobody EXCEPT the people in the arena will be witnessing the House Show. If you start giving away results and what happened, wouldn't it take the uniqueness out of it?

I know I would be hooked to my television screen watching these guys compete for a million dollars. Would you? Let me know what you think of my concept by E-mailing me at: [email protected].

Are you just waiting to be .klez'd?

Ok, That's enough ramblings from myself.

Guest chirs3

He points out that people watch sports because they love the sport, like competition, and want to see who wins.

... this is different from WWE fans... how?

Guest CoreyLazarus416

I actually found a somewhat good idea in that jerk-off's useless dribble...win/loss records.

I think that WOULD actually make it somewhat more interesting...but it'd also be a double-edged sword, as the casuals could say "so-and-so is better than this-guy-here, because so-and-so has won more matches than this-guy-here."

Guest LooseCannon

I think a postive of won/loss records, if they portrayed them as something important, would also be that it would put more heat on dq finishes, heels cheating to win, etc. Because marks could look at the records and feel angry that their favorites got screwed over on something important, rather than just another match that we'll all forget about in a week.

Guest pinnacleofallthingsmanly

The guy doesn't matter. If you know that he writes bullshit, stop reading it! I never even think about him until you guys make threads about how much you hate him.

Guest J*ingus

Um, Tommy, it's already being done, right now. It's called the X Division in NWATNA. You'd think he'd know this, being a 1Bob employee and all.