WORST FINISHER EVER

110 members have voted

1. 1. WORST FINISHER EVER

• The Worm
    • People's Elbow
    • Hogan Leg Drop
    • Vulcan Nerve Grip
    • Heart Punch
    • Undertaker Choke Slam (God, that is soooo bad)
    • Fame asser
    • Breakdown
    • Oh I'm stuck.... OTHER

Guest Kahran Ramsus

I have to go with the Sweet Chin Music.  Yeah, the others suck, but noone really takes them seriously (other than the Chokeslam & Famasser).  Shawn was such a terrific wrestler that it makes zero-sense why his finisher should be just a kick.  His other finishers were just as bad (Fistdrop, Teardrop Suplex, Piledriver).  I never really understood it.

Guest J Boutier

Um, are we forgetting a little three-stance move that a certain little hack-saw lover used to do? Maybe we should also include Piper's sleeper, as that is totally identical to an ordinary sleeper in every respect, other than the fact Piper is doing it.

Guest Big McLargeHuge

I went with the Breakdown. Not because it's all that bad, but Jericho's mis-timing of it and it's lack of overall 'impact' effect, make it weak and unbelievable. And it looks hard to sell as well.

Guest skyhigh

I really hate Haku's Tongan Death Grip. It looks so lame with the little set up pose that goes with it. I'm pretty glad he's off TV so I don't have to cringe watching him do that.

Guest goodhelmet

the Worm has no place in wrestling. I mean how long should a wrestler play dead to sell that shit?!?!

Guest Tony149

I don't like the nerver grip either. Although it looks like it would hurt.

Jericho does a werid version of "The Breakdown". Jeff Jarrett did in better.

Guest El Hijo Del Lunatic
Jericho does a werid version of "The Breakdown". Jeff Jarrett did in better.
Aren't they different moves?  The Breakdown's like Grandmaster Sexay's full-nelson legsweep, and the Stroke was just a forward legsweep, like Edge's old Downward Spiral, I think.

Guest dreamer420

The Breakdown is one of the worst I have seen.  It's like no wrestlers know how to take it properly (The Rock is the worst as his head hits no where near the intended target).  Also the People's Elbow, and The Worm suck too.

I wouldn't put the fameasser on the list.  It does have a stupid name but the move is a decent enough finisher.

Guest Some Guy

The Socko Claw was lame.  Crush's head squeeze move, The Iron Claw, and Discus punch also were stupid.

Guest AlwaysPissedOff

Well, I hate the Angle/Olympic Slam. That move just looks so hokey and I can clearly see why he's hardly beaten anybody with it since he started using the anklelock. It's just a damned fireman's carry into a Samoan Drop, and not a very good one at that.

BUT, for the moves listed, I'd say the Breakdown because the guys taking can't seem to sell it for shit. I think Jericho just needs to do the Stroke instead of throwing the full-nelson in there. Maybe it would look eons better.

Guest Justin T

The Breakdown is HORRID.

Thanks for reminding me abuot the ol' discus punch, lol, that was a great one...

I voted for the Heart Punch though... though people used to buy the hell out of that move... it's still just a stupid idea.

Guest Redhawk

Jericho's version of The Stroke (I'll call it the Breakdown when he does it right) is the worst today. No one can sell it properly, Jericho can't do it properly, and it looks weak all the time anyway.

As far as old finishers, I always thought Earthquake's splash sucked. I understand the psychology of the 500-pound guy sitting on you, but he came down so soft it looked bad.

Guest Dr. Wrestlingphysics

I voted for the worm. That piece of crap got tired halfway through the first one he did! Not only is the dancing bit preposterous, but it ends in a weak-ass chop.

I'm surprised the stink-face didn't make the list, the Rikishi driver was a good finisher, but now it's banned Rikishi needs at least one non-ass move.

Guest Some Guy

Jericho is too short to put the full nelson on Rock, thats why it looks bad when he does it to him.  The shorter Edge sold it perfectly on Raw.  I'm not making fun of Y2J for being short, just stating fact.  Rock has to bend down to take the move.

Guest The REAL Hollywood

First off, The Breakdown and Fame-Ass-ER shouldn't be on that list. They are both great moves.

Second, The Breakdown is a Full Nelson Leg Sweep, while Jarrett's "Stroke" was a Front Russian Leg Sweep.

Third, Edge's old Downward Spiral was a Reverse Russian Leg Sweep.

Just to let people know.

Guest dreamer420
First off, The Breakdown and Fame-Ass-ER shouldn't be on that list. They are both great moves.

Have you have seen Jericho do the Breakdown?

Guest J*ingus

With the Breakdown, are you people unhappy about how the wrestlers perform/sell it, or the move itself?  

As for bad finishers, I think Tank Abbott's DEADLY sissy punch to the head is about the worst idea I've seen in wrestling.

Guest DrEvil

Thanks, I was trying to remember who took the Breakdown on Raw.  It was perfectly done and looked great.  When Jericho and his opponent manage to pull it off, it's a great finisher.

For worst, of course the worm.  But to add another, how about the Blue Chipper Rocky Maivia's Shoulder Breaker of Doom.  A painful move that could be used to set up an arm submission, but how could it knock you out enough to keep you down for three.

Guest Some Guy

The shoulder breaker sucked and so did the top rope cross body that Rocky replaced it with before he finnaly settled on the Rock Bottom.

I like the Breakdown and have since Brian Cristopher used it, however the selling of it by some is what is killing the move.  Like I said before a lot of the problem is Jericho's height.

Dr. Evil, that banner is so true.

Guest Mad Dog

Man how can you guys have a worst finisher without including the Garvin Stomp. That's a million times worse than any of these moves.

Guest Repo Man jr

Thats not a bad move. It beat Greg Valantine and he was really tough....... sometimes he didn't get warmed up until 20 minutes into the match!

Guest Kahran Ramsus

That was the problem with Garvin.  He had some good moves, but he had no idea how to work a match.  I don't know what possessed him to use the Garvin Stomp as a finisher.

Guest BlackRainbow1025

Ah, The Breakdown is pretty bad (and I'm a HUGE Jericho fan).  I wouldn't base it on how The Rock sells it though.  I don't see how Taker's chokeslam or the Fameasser made it though.  Oh yeah, I get it, Taker and Billy Gunn.  You can't like moves by them b/c of the good ol' Smark bandwagons.  I realize the Undertaker's chokeslam isn't the best chokeslam, but how can anyone say it's worse than The People's Elbow or The Worm.  Even Nash's Jackknife is better than those two moves.

Guest RicFlairGlory

I gotta defend HBK here.  Michaels had a great move.  The "warming up the band" in the corner was a great setup to an anticipated move. you think the Stunner actually does much?  Not at all.  Neither does the kick.  But both look great