TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest ShooterJay

NWATNA made me a mark again

Guest ShooterJay

I caught Wednesday's show (and posted a review in the Week 4 thread) and I gotta say it, NWATNA has rekindled the joy I take in pro wrestling. I get to see a lot of the guys I still have markish softspots for the won't ever get a WWE shot (Hall, Lash, Romeo, Smiley, Crowbar, Corino, Skipper) and see some balls-out, high-flying exciting wrestling in the X division, from guys who live to wrestle, guys who bring honor to the artform. AJ Styles, Low-Ki, Daniels, Lynn and others exemplify what wrestling should be.

Heck, I even get a kick out of the new "hardcore chair-swinging freak" Jeff Jarrett.

It's great to see well developed, slow-burn angles that'll have a satisfying blow-off.

When I watch the NWA, I don't have to worry about glass ceilings, "WWE style," politics, Booker T being jobbed relentlessly, RVD, Angle and Jericho never getting their due, or anti-climatic, downer nWo endings. I can watch and enjoy wrestling for the goofy, thrilling pseudo-sport it is, what I first came to enjoy as a little 8-year-old kid.

NWATNA, thanks for reaffirming my fandom, I haven't felt like this since the heyday of ECW.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

I think you bring up an interesting point about the lack of WWE politics and paying dues and such.

It definitly feels differently to watch a match that you won't know that no matter who wins...the other guy will HAVE to get his heat back right away.

Guest dpac

i totally agree, it was getting to the point that watching wwe programming was a chore, but now i am actually excited to watch wrestling, but no longer on mondays but rather wednesdays

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

WWE SPOILERS BELOW

You know...I was just in the WWE folder and I was reading that the observer said the plan for SummerSlam was Rock vs. Brock (where Brock has to win the title...cause Rock leaves right after) and Hogan vs. Vince...

And all I could think was:

A: That blows.

B: I can't wait for Styles vs. LowKi this Wednesday.

Alternatives rule