TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest mykatissatan

you mean to tell me.....

Guest Bruin

Wow, and I remember when there was some actual relevent conversation going on in the video games board. O_o

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

and yet XBox owners the world over...await Halo 2.

Sequels...damn those sequels.

Guest Bruin

... I wasn't aware that because of one thing I said, it automatically makes it so that every owner of a specific console should feel that way. Just because I don't care for sequels, doesn't mean that suddenly everyone is going to go and stop liking them.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

I'm trying to figure out how words that were taken from a news report are attributed as my thoughts and beleifs...rather than researched facts from a credible news source...

...but whatever.

Guest Bruin

I wasn't treating them as such, I was merely replying to one of your 'paragraphs'. I wasn't treating it as if you wrote the entire thing, the only part that would be considered that way would be the small part you put at the end of it.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

it wasnt you so much as jobberof the week who disected things and called me stupid for it.

Don't mind Jobber of the Week's attitude. He falls into the typical "insecure X-Box owner" category. I have come across a lot of them.

Guest TheHulkster

Nice how bps1 doesn't own the system, says all the games suck while praising the GC, which has a whole lot less in the quality department right now, yet still gives the Xbox his own personal rating. Well gee, I don't like HBK, so he's a 1 out of 10 as a wrestler. Not saying the GC won't be great in the future, it will have some awesome games, but blind bashing never helps any conversation.

Guest Big McLargeHuge

But blind bashing is the very fabric of the Console industry right now.

Guest converge241

ill buy the cube when WMX8 comes out. and then pick up smash bros. melee used.

The gameplay is slower, the reversals are there...the only thing that sounds smackdownish is the strike button.

No Mercy had a strike button too.

But it's being developed by Yukes, not AKI this time, and it's being said that WMX8 will have arcadish gameplay like that of the Smackdown series with wrestlers not being in submissions long, no AKI-like grapples, and getting back up from moves immediately(yes, even including those damn McMahons who we desperately wanted to see knocked out cold for maybe 5 minutes after nailing them with chairshots, LOL).  The only thing I'm hearing that will resemble No Mercy is the reversal system, but everything else sounds almost the same as the Smackdown series on PS1 and PS2.  Read more previews before you think of buying it.

Yukes has said they are developing a new engine for WMX8 and its going to be like the AKI one.

Given that I love Nintendo franchises, GC is the cheapest, and it's about halfway between the superior Xbox and inferior PS2 technology wise, the pick is a no brainer for me, even though I still may get a PS2 eventually just because of the sheer mass of games. It's better to wait until the rumored e3 price cut though.

PS2 price cut? By how much?

Mario Sunshine looks like crap.

Have a look.

Damn that looks like 64 game. This better be a fucking joke. Nintendo cant afford to blow the first real Mario game on GC with crap graphics like that.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

No...I don't own an XBox.

But I didn't haphazardly choose what system to get either.

Funny how I have the other 2 and won't give XBox another look.

Although maybe I should buy it and hit intruders with the controller.

Maybe that's why the controller is so abnormally and godawefully big.

To use in home defense.

That may be a plus in the Xbox column.

Guest treble charged
Although maybe I should buy it and hit intruders with the controller.

Maybe that's why the controller is so abnormally and godawefully big.

To use in home defense.

That may be a plus in the Xbox column.

I heard somewhere that X-Box is making a new, PS2-like controller sometime soon.  Something about the logo in the middle being too big.

Guest Bruin

Oh, so we're starting the controller debate again? Oy vey.. I suppose I could then bring up the fact that the GC controller seems to be more suited for people that sing "Follow the Yellow Brick Road" and children the age of 7.. I honestly know of nobody in real life that has had any qualms with the XBox controller after playing with it for 10 mins. Funny how after 15 mins of playing on the GC controller had my hands hurting, yet playing for hours on my XBox has never hurt at all.

Yes, MS made a new controller thats smaller and much more PS2 like. I think they're calling it Controller-S or something like that.

Okay, now if we're going to go and start bashing systems, can we bring up credible arguments? Man, I really miss Marvin right about now :P

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

I like the GC controller.

I bought the GC to have the games I want that are on the system.

I bought the PS2 for my sports gaming needs and other PS2 titles.

I still see no reason to invest in an Xbox.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

I've got it on order.

I got into Resident Evil with part 2...and have never played the first one.

So I'm pumped.

Guest Raven_Effect01
Yukes has said they are developing a new engine for WMX8 and its going to be like the AKI one.

How do you know that?  All I heard last time was that it would have more of a Smackdown-style engine with only a few traits of No Mercy thrown in, nothing about it being mostly AKI-style instead of Smackdown-style.  Want proof?  Here it is:

Various wrestling video game websites have said that for front grapples, you only have 5 moves, you don't grapple like in No Mercy, it's immediately like in Smackdown, and the other moves for front grapples are when your opponent is dizzy, and the rear grapples are also limited.  More proof of this is that a guy who played the beta version of the game said that's how the gameplay in WM X8 would be.  

The striking button, as bps said, will also be Smackdownish.  You don't hold a button to strike like in No Mercy, you have to keep tapping the button.

It looks as if the roster in the game isn't so big(there aren't a lot of hidden characters either).  They left out wrestlers like Raven, who SHOULD have been a lock to appear in the game given the amount of time he's been in the WWF.  And it looks as if you only have two slots for wrestlers to create after seeing the screenshots too.  Pathetic, this is a fucking next-gen system and so far, the 3 big companies have half-assed their new systems with the wrestling games.  When I hear the word "next-gen", I expect something newer, better, and bigger, not limiting a gamer's freedom to the point where they lose hope in buying a new video game system to keep up with the new games that are coming out.

Guest Flyboy
Anyone play Resident Evil for GC yet? I hope to rent it this week. It looks amazing.

I pre-ordered mine from PlayCentric for around 44 bucks... and I'm SO pumped for this game.  It will hold me all through May into June when WMX8 comes out!  ^_^

C.H.U.D, I doubt you be able to get RE to rent for awhile.  Blockbuster or Hollywood usually don't get their new releases like 1-2 weeks late, and when they DO get it I bet they'll be sold out.

I think the RE: Remake is a most buy... just my opinion, though.

Guest Flyboy

How do you know that?  All I heard last time was that it would have more of a Smackdown-style engine with only a few traits of No Mercy thrown in, nothing about it being mostly AKI-style instead of Smackdown-style.  Want proof?  Here it is:

Various wrestling video game websites have said that for front grapples, you only have 5 moves, you don't grapple like in No Mercy, it's immediately like in Smackdown, and the other moves for front grapples are when your opponent is dizzy, and the rear grapples are also limited.  More proof of this is that a guy who played the beta version of the game said that's how the gameplay in WM X8 would be.  

The striking button, as bps said, will also be Smackdownish.  You don't hold a button to strike like in No Mercy, you have to keep tapping the button.

It looks as if the roster in the game isn't so big(there aren't a lot of hidden characters either).  They left out wrestlers like Raven, who SHOULD have been a lock to appear in the game given the amount of time he's been in the WWF.  And it looks as if you only have two slots for wrestlers to create after seeing the screenshots too.  Pathetic, this is a fucking next-gen system and so far, the 3 big companies have half-assed their new systems with the wrestling games.  When I hear the word "next-gen", I expect something newer, better, and bigger, not limiting a gamer's freedom to the point where they lose hope in buying a new video game system to keep up with the new games that are coming out.

Well... let's see here:

WMX8 will have HIAC, TLC, Tag, Singles, Ladder, blah blah.. blah.  2 non-talking announcers (JR and King) for realistic-ness and Earl has a ref with the ability to have 4 wrestlers on the screen at the same time with a ref.  42 PLAYABLE wrestlers with 9 hidden wrestlers.  

Raw had what?  No HIAC... no TLC... no Ladder.  I'm not bashing Raw or X-Box, but basically all of the next-gen systems are being pushed to their limits.  

Hell, a GC disc can ONLY hold 1.5 GB.  PS2 and X-Box discs hold a hell lot more than that.  

I'm not going to get on a huge WMX8 rant to counter yours because I'm too tired.  ^_^