TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest The Vanilla Midget

Rate Me/Who do you like/dont like threads

Guest The Vanilla Midget

i was just wondering what the point of these threads is?? this is as great a load of self-sering bullshit as i have ever seen. do you people really need to be told that people on an internet message board whom you will in all likelihood never meet in real life think x about you in order to get through the day? i mean seriously, these things clog the forum, are generally very boring to read (i havent read them for some time now), and serve no real purpose. if people cannot get a vibe as to what other posters think of them through their reguar posting, then that in itself says alot. surely the way somebody responds to your posts will give you a far better picture of what people think than some thread in NHB where everybody says "yeah, x is a cool guy." although, i have noticed that a lot of the people who start these have a low number of posts (and while post counts are generally meaningless and i do not advocate the post-count glass ceiling thing which was raised somewhere), and then really, who knows anything about these people?? if these people made real posts instead of trolling crap like that in the forums, perhaps they would gain a better insight and actually participate in some *gasp* intelligent discussion~!

Guest papacita

Well I started one of these threads before started these threads was "cool", so I might as well just give a little response.

When I made my thread, I really wasn't seeking the approval of anybody else (cuz honestly, I see my "gimmick" as being more annoying than anything else), but it was really meant to call attention to myself more than anything. I honestly don't give a damn what people think of me, but after nearly 800 posts since March, I'd like to think I'm somewhat of an established poster on this board, and a lot of times (aside from my "funny" posts) people seem to overlook my posts (shit, my thread even got overlooked the 1st day I posted it, lol). I'm not insecure or anything, but what's the point of posting if people aren't gonna read your stuff?

Guest The Vanilla Midget

papacita: see i wasnt so much talking about the original, more the imitations. its much like hhhating, once everybody does it then BAM! all its impact is gone.

and just a suggestion, if you want people to take you seriously, stop acting like a gimmick poster with the chyna stuff. sure its coo that you like her, but people here arent her greatest fans and may disregard your posts as such. you drop chyna comments into your posts semi-regularly, and it doesnt interest me at all (i think gimmicks here are stupid), and sorta stops me from taking you seriously to the point where i actually reda your posts.

if you want to distinguish yourself from the crowd, use discussion and intelligence, not a gimmick.

Guest AlwaysPissedOff

Eh?

I can only speak for myself, but a messageboard gimmick doesn't exactly make me skips someone's post unless it's more HHHating bullshit. I just don't see how the gimmick actually matters when it comes to someone reading your stuff because EVERYBODY on here has had something they've posted get ignored before.

Not trying to dog you in any way, VM. I just saying, ya know?

Guest The Vanilla Midget

yeah i know what you mean, and i know you werent trying to dog me :)

Guest RetroRob215

The "What Do You Think Of Me" threads are cool because it tells you how people judge and look at you. I made one and and the results were interesting.

As for Favorite/Least Favorite posters, there is nothing wrong with them.

As always, if you don't want to read something don't read it. It's as simple as that.

Guest Syxx

Well I hate those threads too, and am glad to stay away from them. As for the post count thing, I really hope people dont judge a posters worth by their count, some of the better posters on here I find are 1000 and under although there are some quality vets too.

Guest RobJohnstone

well I started the fad a little over a week ago I guess, sorry. I made it to see what type of jackass reponses I would get from the people that don't like me, and guess what it worked. They all looked like hypocrites and idiots and that is what I sought out to accomplish. Anyway sorry for the trend I set, I just can't help who picks my bad habits as a fad :P

--Rob

Guest GenerationNever
hypocrites

Well, at least he isn't spelling it "hypocrate" anymore.

Guest evenflowDDT

There's really no point to anything on the internet if you think about it. I mean it's not "real" in any sense, and barring some freaky 2001 "I'm sorry Dave, I can't allow you to do that" thing, nothing involving computers ever will be. I just think it's kinda fun, but in the interest of fairness it should be noted that mine was intended seriously. There's nothing I get more insecure about than my writing, and I'm always thinking there's something wrong with it. I'll write something and think it's my best work and be proud of it for ten minutes then I'll re-read it four or five times trying to find the (non-existent) glaring errors.

In fact, my poster thing actually helped me, because I know that people don't not read my columns because my writing sucks, it's because they're not interested in what I'm writing about. I can understand that fully, so now I don't worry as much about people hating my columns and not reading them for that reason. I mean, b-films and b-wrestling shows are an acquired taste, after all, although I'm planning on branching out with a column or even two this week on "real" movies, or at least "better" movies that might gain more interest and thus more constructive criticism on my columns and writing abilities.

DAMMIT, why are my best posts always in NHB where the best response they can get is "FAG" (oh, never mind, genius got banned) or "no... YOU suck!"? :(

Guest RobJohnstone
hypocrites

another intelligent response by "one of the most respected" posters. Thanks RISK, you prove my opinions about you everytime you post.

--Rob

Guest The Vanilla Midget
hypocrites

another intelligent response by "one of the most respected" posters. Thanks RISK, you prove my opinions about you everytime you post.

--Rob

actually, he has improved a lot under this alter ego. risk sucked hard, but generationNever is A-ok in my book.

Guest RobJohnstone

Well for a positive, risk made alot of dumb comment about wrestling. His alter ego is a troll but, makes less dumb references to wrestling

--Rob

Guest GenerationNever

You're the troll, Rob. That was why you were banned. Except it. How can I talk to you if you still hold on to these delusions?