TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Another match announced for this weeks show

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

I'm listening the WOL and Christopher Daniels is the guest.

Anyway...Meltzer announced a new match for TNA this week:

Daniels and Elix Skipper vs. The Flying Elvises (Jorge Estrada and Sonny Siaki)

That should be a good match as all 4 guys can go...hell...the Elvises had a watchable match with the friggin Dupps last week.

It's good to see that they are going to further develop the Elvises vs. the X division angle...and give teh X guys more than just the one match.

Daniels also put over how good the AJ Styles vs. Low Ki match should be...saying that having seen them wrestle each other before...he expects them to bring the house down.

So IIRC...the card thus far looks like:

AJ Styles vs. LowKi for the X title

JJ vs. Malice in a ladder match (what the hell are they going to be reaching for when they get to the top? I assume it is a #1 contenders match)

Scott Hall vs. Brian Christopher

Daniels and Skipper vs. Elvises

and a midget match

Looks pretty good to me.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

well...with the exception of the midgets of course.

I hope they go the way of the womens matches soon.

Guest RobJohnstone

can't wait for it. It's been since 2000 I said that about wrestling

--Rob

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

They seem to do a Shamrock match every other week.

He'll probably work an angle or not at all.

The odd number shows seem to be all about the Xtitle

Guest CoreyLazarus416

Actually, bps, isn't one of the midgets involved Puppet The Midget Killer? He's actually pretty fucking talented for a wee one...hardcore as hell, too. One of the only redeeming moments of WWA Revolution was the Hardcore Midget match. C'mon...Puppet jumped from the second turnbuckle to the outside...SABU MIDGET~!~

Dude...I'd actually pay to see a midget do Sabu-style spots...

Dammit...looks like I need to try and get some people over Wednesday and tape another NWA:TNA show...

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

I beleive it is Puppet.

He'll face Meatball (The worlds largest midget)

Guest RobJohnstone

Even with the loaded lineup, I can picture daniells/skipper vs the elvis's being match of the night

--Rob

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Skipper looked damn good in last weeks 6 man match.

I said in another thread that I thought he looked the most impressive out of the six...

But LowKi and Daniels also looked good.

I wasn't that high on LowKi before...but I was impressed by him last week and in his brief appearance in the 4 man from week 2.

Those two matches should easily be worth the 10 bucks this week.

And JJ/Malice and Hall/Christopher aren't negatives either.

Guest RobJohnstone

I love atching low ki, I went to a few shows at elkshead, forgot the name fo the fed but he is the fucking man, and daniells has been my favorite indy star for about 3 years now. All in all I think this show is a must order, only some freaky shit can make it bad.

One time I went to thunder just to see rey vs juvi, they were doing a best of 7 series, it was the second match I think, 2 minutes in rey injured his leg :( I think it was the thunder after russo won the title in long island.

--Rob

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

With the 4 top matches this week has a good chance to continue the solid shows and contend for best overall show.

I would expect someone like Apolo or David Young or someone to get thrown into a match too...as I'd think they would want to work them on tv as often as possible.

Perhaps we'll see K-Krush too...I'm high on him right now.

Guest RobJohnstone

blah, talking about how good the show is going to be wed, I may not even watch raw tonight

--Rob

Guest Downhome
JJ vs. Malice in a ladder match (what the hell are they going to be reaching for when they get to the top? I assume it is a #1 contenders match)

How about a guitar, or better yet...

...a hardcore midget!

Guest CoreyLazarus416

I think they should have a briefcase above the ladder with a contract to face Ken Shamrock for the NWA World title in it. Either that, or the contract itself in a bag or a folder or something...

I'll be marking out when Puppet does the fireman's carry toss onto the thumbtacks...

Guest Tony149

The Ladder match will have the contract to be the #1 contender above the ring. So that's what they're climbing for.

Guest dpac

this is great, there is actually a "buzz" about wrestling again, hopefully they give the daniel/skipper v. flying elvis's some decent time

Guest RobJohnstone

dpac, one thing I don't think we have to worry about is match time. They seem to give all the matches I want to see a descent amount of time :)

--Rob

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

He's right.

The four matches are a continuation of angles...I'd expect the following"

Hall vs. Christopher will probably go about 7-8 minutes

JJ vs. Malice about 10-12

The tag match about 10+

the X title about 15+

Those are my guesses based on what they have shown in the past shows and how they seem to give Hall shorter matches and X division matches longer.

Guest Tony149

Don't forget, they'll probably continue the "FU" (Terry Funk?) angle as well.

Shamrock either does a promo or is a guest commentator for the J.J./Malice match.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

I haven't even thought of who is behind the FU angle.

Funk would make sense...

Guest The Man in Blak

I don't know if it's available in my area, but with a lineup like that, I think this will be the first NWA:TNA that I'm anticipating enough to shell out ten bucks for...

Of course, I've got to scrounge together ten bucks. [/poor college student]

Guest CoreyLazarus416

Give the FU thing to Alan Funk...I think he's proven to be a solid performer, and his matches are usually entertaining in the least. Think about it...he's fed up with getting stupid-as-fuck gimmicks like Kwee-Wee in WCW, The Funkster in WWA, and now Bruce in the NWA. I think it'd get him over as a monster heel, and if he played the Kwee-Wee character with less homosexual overtones (meaning none of that Mango bullshit, just go from nice guy to mental case at any moment), I'd mark out.

Guest converge241

Looks like another home run. and i thought that before I saw the Daniels/Skipper - Elviiiii match.

just stay away from the women's matches. I dont mind the midgets, as the crowd seems into them.

character wise, Daniels and Skipper does seem weird. Daniels should be alligned with the "new church".

Low-KI -Styles is like an 11 on the anticipation scale. The Ladder match should be great too. I imagine they are going to have a briefcase with a contract dangling.

Guest dreamer420

the card looks pretty good to me too. i like that they are letting the fans know most of the matches in advance.

Guest swan

Maybe Jeff found the TV title on the way out of Atlanta.