TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest NoCalMike

Why are the nWo being simply booked as heels?

Guest NoCalMike

I know it is very early in this angle, yet I must express concern in the way the WWF seems to be taking this angle.  Before the nWo showed up they were being booked as the group that was coming in to destroy the company. Yet on Raw, judging from the reaction of Jericho and Lawler(ugh) they are simply just company heels and nothing more.  The crowd popping for them doesn't bother me at all because for one it is a given, and two how in the hell do you boo guys like those three this early into their return.  However, it almost feels like their role from company killers has strongly been reduced. Of course this just could be temporary and the heels will soon learn the truth when the nWo turn on them and such. I guess it is possible that this is just a small preview of the true nWo until Eric Bischoff finally joins the fray~!

Thoughts, anyone?  BTW, Raw was pretty cool this week, I was a mark for a few segments tonight.  The old WCW-style nWo backstage/ambulence/truck thing was classic. And the promo between Rock/Hogan reminded me of when wrestling had territories rather then EVERYONE cheering for someone because they were a "good guy"

Reply,

-Mike

Guest The Shockmaster!

If I was writing it I'd make it that the first part of the plan to destroy the company is taking out its biggest draws in Austin, Rocky and possibly HHH.

Guest Some Guy

I think the company killing angle will come in when they destroy Austin and others.  The casual fans, like my friend who watched NWO with me have no idea what WWF is talking about with the company killing thing.  The nWo was gone for months, years in its original form before the purchase.  He figured they would just beat everyone up to destroy the company, like they did on camera in WCW.

Guest Brian

I think they're being booked more as a group that takes people out. I'm happy with how it's working.

Guest Tony149
I think they're being booked more as a group that takes people out. I'm happy with how it's working.

I agree. I also think that's the way they're being booked. They'll probably turn on Vince. And if the WWF is able to sign Bischoff...they could say he was the one ordering the attacks.

Guest Downhome

I agree. I also think that's the way they're being booked. They'll probably turn on Vince. And if the WWF is able to sign Bischoff...they could say he was the one ordering the attacks.

Ding, ding, ding! We share the exact same thoughts...

...the nWo turns on Vince, and SOON, and if they can get Bishoff, we have what could help make WrestleMaina that much better with a Vince/Bishoff match...

...the nWo says they only used Vince to get into the WWF, and that now that he signed them to contracts and they are here for good, they don't need him anymore...

...God, they could make this SO great, I just hope they keep up the pace with the damn fine show they booked tonight.

Guest Some Guy

Maybe they could do the Bischoff angle at Mania during the Hogan/Rock match.  It would add excitement to what will be a poor match workrate wise.

Guest Brian

Since the NWO isn't really aligned with Vince, he just let them in the door, shouldn't they just use Bischoff to get to Flair?

Guest Downhome
Since the NWO isn't really aligned with Vince, he just let them in the door, shouldn't they just use Bischoff to get to Flair?

I hear what you are saying, and hell, I wouldn't mind seeing another round of the Flair/Bishoff saga.

(I was in Greenville, SC for the Nitro where Flair came back and re-started The Four Horsmen and then we had a classic Flair/Bishoff exchange.)

Guest Tony149

If they were to bring Bischoff in to go after Flair. The WWF would have to bring out the history between Flair, Bischoff & the nWo. So fans would understand what's happening.

Guest NoCalMike

Well, I mean it just seems people want it both ways, when the rumored return of the nWo was starting to arise, people were immediately saying the only way they will accept the nWo is if they all do clean jobs to Austin,Rock,Triple H...etc....the only problem is that anyone who has been a wrestling fan for 5+years know that, that is not how the nWo works, at least not 1.5 - 2 months into their run.  They have always been known to cheat in order to win, no matter at what cost etc.....it took awhile for the WCW lockerroom to be able to start posting meaninful and consecutive wins over the nWo. Also is anyone going to be watching an nWo match(after remembering them for those 2 years) without anticipating a run-in EVERY single time, not like the wwf doesn't do that in their own main events, but you get the picture.  I just think there are two possible routes the nWo angle could go, I would much prefer the WCW-style nWo, just not dragged out for as long and no nWo-seperation crap, but in order for that to happen, they cannot cleanly job for a few months, or if they do, they will pull out the crazy stipulation as to why they didn't really lose ALA (hall, "see there, my shoulder was up" even though it clearly asn't)

-Mike

Guest Downhome
If they were to bring Bischoff in to go after Flair. The WWF would have to bring out the history between Flair, Bischoff & the nWo. So fans would understand what's happening.

Yeah, sorta like they did with the nWo footage, just, a bit more detailed, etc...

...of course, the fans in the crowd sure as hell seem to be totally familier with the nWo as it is now, as they are cheering/booing them just like it was 1996! Hmmm, perhaps many of the current WWF fans were actually fans that the nWo drew in way back in 1996, thus, the crowd is much more familier with them already than we previously thought. Maybe, just MAYBE, some of the WWF fans right now, are the VERY fans that the nWo brought to the sport in the first place...

...hey, don't mock me, it's possible! :-)

Guest EdBootyManTheDiscipleLeslie

As I said in another post, they really need to turn on Vince McMahon and

then be true rebel heels. Then Vince can come out and have second thoughts about the whole thing, like "What have I done?" And have it be

impossible for Vince to fire them because of contract stipulations or some

such. You could then proceed to have NWO interrupt matches, take over

shows, and be otherwise unpredictable heels like they were in WCW.