TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Kibagami

PROMO: "An Early Warning."

Guest Kibagami

PROMO: “An Early Warning.”

“The rebel Wang Kuo of Liang was besieging the town of Ch’en-ts’ang, and Huang-fu, who was in supreme command, and Tung Cho were sent out against him, Tung Cho pressed for hasty measures, but Sung turned a deaf ear to his counsel. At last the rebels were uttlerly worn out, and began to throw down their weapons of their own accord.”

“Sung was now advancing for the attack, but Cho said: ‘It is a principle of war not to pursue desperate men and not to press a retreating host.’”

“Sung answered: ‘That does not apply here. What I am about to attack is a jaded army, not a retreating host; with disciplined troops I am falling on a disorganized multitude, not a band of desperate men.’ Thereupon he advanced to the attack, unsupported by his colleague, and routed the enemy, Wang Kuo being slain…”

From The Sun Tzu, or The Art of War.

His entire body is sore from the beating he received at the hands of the Magnificent Seven on Smarkdown. Magnificent? Hardly the word he would’ve chosen to describe those cowardly little bastards. Pretenders to the throne, he considers them; he seriously doubts that they truly understand what it means to be an enemy of the Supraida-Kumo. They would learn, soon enough.

His cell phone rings, cutting through the peaceful silence of the hotel room with its sharp, pulsating tones. It’s three in the morning. Whoever it is knows what sort of mood he’s in after Smarkdown. Must be Nekura with more of his cryptic motivational horseshit…

He answers.

“Yes.”

”It’s been a long time, Yuuichiro.”

The Balancer freezes momentarily. He has not heard that voice for more than a year.

“So it has…

Silent.”

Thoth rises from the bed and begins pacing the modest hotel room. “It’s been a year, almost. What news?”

”Nothing official, I’m afraid. I wish we had the time to catch up- truly, I do- but I can’t stay on the phone very long. I called…” He pauses. “I called to begin repaying my debts, Balancer.”

“I don’t understand.”

”Of course. Does Reece ever want it any other way?”

”What do you mean?”

”What I mean is this: get out, now. Leave the Clan, leave the federation, pack up, and go home. Things are happening you will not want to be a part of, and there are secrets that have been buried you will wish you had never found. Leave it behind, Yuuichiro. Go back to Japan. Go back to what you know.”

”Silent, you realize what you just said.”

”I do.”

”Nekura will have your head if he overhears anything even remotely like this.”

”I’m fully aware of that. By the way, you haven’t seen Richard lately, have you?”

Thoth freezes in mid-stride. “Tell me you didn’t.”

“I did, Balancer, and that is just the beginning. I’ve had a year to sort things out; the Clan, Nekura, Phoenix. You. I came back for retribution, and that was all I had in mind, but…I spent time in Tokyo last year, and…what Nekura has done to me-to us, Yuuichiro-…what he has done, I will not forgive.”

“Damien…I don’t have a clue what you’re talking about. What am I supposed to tell Reece when he asks about you? Do you think he won’t notice…no matter how subtle you may be, you know Spider, damn it! He’ll know, somehow!”

“That may be, but I will deal with it on my own, at the proper time.”

”You sound more like the master every time I speak to you, Damien. What makes you so sure I won’t be the one to turn you over to whatever ‘justice’ he has in mind?”

”Because, Yuuichiro…” The Silent One pauses briefly once again. “You are too much like your father to do that.”

”…what? What in the HELL could you possibly know about my father??”

”Not enough, Balancer, not nearly enough.”

“Damn it, Damien, don’t you toy with me…”

”I am not, Yuuichiro. I owe you a debt that I cannot ever repay, but I will explain what I can when the time comes. For now, Nekura’s original timetable is still in effect. I’ll see you soon enough. Think on my warning until then.”

”And Yuuichiro?”

”What is it?”

A deep chuckle resonates on the other end of the line. “…Damien Phillips…is not my name.”

With an abrupt click, the Silent One is gone, again.

Thoth – Yuuichiro- The Balancer- is alone with his demons.

For now.

END PROMO

Guest Edwin MacPhisto

The plot thickens...and so does the vagueness.

The real mystery here: will all this stuff pay off? Oh yes...

Ace work, once again. I need to catch up.

Guest DiabloIIFreak1010

Ooooh. The storyline goes even further. Is Silent conspiring against the clan? Are there secrets about the clan that Silent has found?

Tune in next time folks. Same great Silent promo, same great Silent channel.

Guest crusen86

See what happens when you put in some effort? Kick ass promo, keep it up.

Who is Richard by the way? * Racks brain for clannites *

Eh, no idea.

Guest SupaTaft

Richard is just an average clannite. Nobody in particular.

Good promo too, the best angle going in the JL... one of the only...

Guest -Cutthroat-

Kick ass suff Silent...

But like Ironman said, where is this going?

Guest Edwin MacPhisto
Kick ass suff Silent...

But like Ironman said, where is this going?

It's going to take a fairly long attention span to stick with it.

Good luck.

Guest Rabbi_wilson13

I leave for 10 days, come back, and the SWF champion is promo feuding with a JLer?

Brain hurts...still need sleep....grrgabrrga.....long term angles....never work......bllllleeeeeeeerg....nice promo silent........good to see you....rawking house.........need sleep.........

Guest -Cutthroat-

You know what, this just hit me...The Clan is like a totaly different part of the fed, they have the very best stroylines but don't fued...

I'ed like to see X-Force 9 re-form in the SWF and fued with The Clan...

Guest Insane Clown Dan

Actually, no Cutthroat, they're just a stable with one faction in each fed =P. Plus the fact that Silent, in storyline terms, is a part of the WF Clan, and it won't be too long before he's actually in the upper half.

Sorry to go off-topic... but dude, it just occured to me that you put the lyrics to "All of the Darkness" in your sig! Gotta give props for that at least...

-I. C. D., mark of Shadow

Edit : Umm... XF9 DID reform. Read the shows =P

Guest Edwin MacPhisto

The Clan does feud...

...only thing is that Silent's presently the only JL member, and he's clearly got his eyes on getting to the WF ASAP. Presently the WF Clan is feuding with the Magnificent Seven, while Tom Flesher sort of branches out into a conflict with El Luchadore Magnifico.

And Silent? Well, that's a cookie of a different color.

Guest kelloggs

Well Silent another in a string. It's a big storyline that gets better and better but I do get lost during some of the clan stuff. It's not my fault I'm a n00b damnit. Top notch as is most of the stuff you've been up to lately.

M. Francis

Guest Tyler McClelland

Well written, and Thoth bashing is always good :)

Brings some controversy to an otherwise stable uh... stable. At least, I always thought it was a stable stable.

I'll shut up now...

Sign in to follow this