TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Zack Malibu

Is the Russo signing a blessing

Guest Zack Malibu

OK, OK, don't get me wrong, or start flaming me for this one. But if you check the WWE folder, there is a thread concerning roster cuts, and unfortunately, smark darlings Mike Sanders and EZ Money wound up on the list. Now, since the NWA has shocked us all by making top notch, watchable stars out of THE WALL and K-KWICK, I'm pretty sure that when (not if, but when) these guys appear on NWA TV, Russo is going to give them the ball and let them run with it. He saved Sanders job once before, now I have no doubt he'll save his career, and in turn make him a top level superstar. So say what you will about the TNA, or the langauge, because I'll agree with you...I'm not a Russo fan by any means, but when it comes to the young guys, he's willing to give them a shot.

Sanders vs. Shamrock...I'd love it B)

Guest Angle2004

I think the language on NWA TNA makes it more exciting. The bottom line is that TNA is on PPV and that means that they can push the envelope. I was really into the Styles/Lynn confrontation and the cursing was a large part of it. It makes the feud a lot more exciting. So I really don't think the language is a problem because its on PPV and because it brings more excitement to the feuds.

Guest Austin3164life

However, if they want a chance at a television deal, they should cut down on the amount of cursing they have on their shows. I also think that Russo's hiring is a blessing in disguise, because the man did book a lot of the stuff in 1998, and we got some good tv. 1999 aside, I think Russo could probably have some good ideas for the upstart NWA-TNA. Russo isn't afraid to elevate new talent, so I'm sure Sanders and Money will get a good job over with the Jarretts.

Guest Jobber of the Week

I'll disagree. I think Russo is the ultimate gum in the works for any wrestling company. They'll need to drop him if they plan to go anywhere.

The guy is bad news. Enough said.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Smut needs to go...

Mike Sanders needs to be signed.

Guest Angle2004

Jerry Jarret said in the past that he's not planning on getting a tv deal and that they're sticking to the formula that they're doing now. Once they're ready to pursue a TV deal they can cut down on the cursing.

I don't understand how people bash Russo to the extent that they do. Sure, the man has had a lot of bad ideas but he's had a lot of good ones too. Look at the past two years and count the bad ideas that Vince McMahon had. No one is perfect. But the guy did have his share of good ideas from 1997 to 1999. In 1999 (During the Ministry storyline which so many people bashed) the WWF got 7.1 ratings on two seperate occasions for Raw. Once in May and once in June. That was pretty much in the middle of the Ministry storyline. So that fact alone should tell you that there are casual fans out there that like Russo-style TV. When Russo went to WCW in 1999 the ratings went up. The last show they did before he came in was the Benoit/Hart Nitro and the show did around a 2.6 (and that tells you that the casual fans don't want to see just wrestling matches without a story. But I had no problem with that match because it was in honor of Owen. As far as TNA goes - they could do the X matches without a storyline as long as they keep wrestling the way they did on the first, second, and fourth show.). The last show he booked before he was removed for the first time did a 3.4. That is a helluva rise in just three months. And he didn't even get to do a big storyline that would have named Ric Flair the commissioner of WCW (which would probably get the ratings up even more.). He didn't get to do the storyline because Flair refused to show up (I think he was still at odds with WCW from his off-screen feud with Bischoff). I don't know what the WCW front office was expecting but you really can't do much better in three months.