TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest The Masked Yodeler

X-Men: Evolution #1

Guest The Masked Yodeler

I just finished reading X-Men: Evolution #1, and it was one of the worst comics I have ever read.  (It was in Might Marvel Must Haves #2, I wouldn't have bought it by itself)

The dialogue was so hokey and unrealistic.  All the characterisations were at best dumbed down and simplified (Magneto, Professer X) and at worst, totally out of character (Wolverine).

Has anyone else had the displeasure of reading this piece of drivel?

Guest Karnage

Yeah I read the Dotcomic, I don't think its that great either.

Its supposed to take place before the cartoon. I like watching the cartoon, but theres a lot of negatives about the cartoon, like when they keep reminding you about their powers or when they try and get all emotional with the background piano music.

Has anyone bothered collecting the Burger King X-Men Evolution mini discs and figures? I did.

Guest raptor

I collected the figures, and some of the comics were surprisingly good. You have to take into consideration that these characters are out of continuity, so the characters are different than you know them. I haven't seen the cartoon, so I had no issues with any of the comics. I thought they were fun for a quick read.