TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Early Week 6 preview (matches announced so far)

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

NWA Title

Ladder vs. Submission

Sabu vs. Ken Shamrock

NWA Tag Team Title

AJ Styles and Jerry Lynn vs. The Flying Elvises

LowKi vs. Red

Also Tenay will do a sit down interview with Styles and Lynn (Angle progression is a wonderful wonderful thing).

Guest Edwin MacPhisto

Auuuuugh...want...cable box.

You just KNOW that Lynn/Styles vs. the Elvises is gonna get at least 10-15, which will be great, and just like you said on the other thread, there's something about the Sabu/Shamrock match and stipulations that make me want to order.

Red's also pretty good, and he and Low Ki had a decent match in RoH a few months back, if I remember correctly. So yeah...it looks like it's gonna be another great even week for TNA.

Guest BoboBrazil

This show is shaping up to be excellent. Red is awesome from what I've seen and is a good pickup for NWA:TNA.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

I'm really intrigued by the Tag match.

They have built the Lynn/Styles feud to a point that I can't wait to see them no matter what they are doing...

and they hinted at problems with the Elvises too.

I don't know who wins that one...but I can't wait to find out.

Sabu/Shamrock is something I never even considered as a match...but ladder vs. submission is pretty inovative...and for some reason I am quite intrigued by what that match will look like.

Also...I'm excited to see Red. Another guy I've only heard about.

Guest Zack Malibu

Have they said which of the 3 Elvises it'll be? I assume Siaki and Estrada, but you have to figure if it's Yang and Estrada, maybe Siaki will cost them the match somehow.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

That's a good point.

They didn't say which two...and I don't know how long Yang is on tour with All Japan for.

That would be a pretty good angle if Siaki cost them the match (because it wasn't all about him) and Lynn and Style STILL had to be champions.

Guest Edwin MacPhisto

I'd really like to see Styles and Lynn retain somehow, because the thought of them having to be tag champs together while Lynn waits for his X title shot is just too cool.

A couple of my buddies in the SWF ran a similar angle to that last year, and it was golden. And hell, that was just writing. To see it actually play out would be too awesome.

Guest Chuck Woolery

Didn't Lance Storm and Chris Candido do an angle like the Lynn/Styles one in ECW? Regardless... that angle should be bitchin' to see play out. Shame I won't be...

Also, I realy want to see the Red match. I've heard nothing but great things about him (standing SSP?), so him/Low-Ki should be gold.

- Mike Van Siclen

Th-th-th-th-that's all, folks.

Guest Sandman9000

If they have Red, I wonder if they are going to sign Jose and Joe L. Maximo, the other 2/3 of the SAT?

As for Red, be ready for a guy who is 5'6", about 130 lbs, looks like he is 12, and can move like a monkey. His main moves include the Standing Red Press (standing shooting star press) and the Infared (where he just launches and spins from the top rope, since it's not like he can hurt anyone weight a buck thirty). He should also bump like a motherfucker for Low-Ki, and take the Ki-Krusher directly on his head.

edit- and if his skullcap gets ripped off, he should also have a phat white-man afro. Last I knew, he still did.

Guest The Metal Maniac
LowKi vs. Red

*Jerk jerk jerk*

JIMMINY FUCK!!!! RED FUCKING OWNS!!!

Seriously though; For a guy his size, he'd HAVE to be fucking amazing to survive; and he is.

And keep in mind; the guy's about 19-20 years old, and has been in the business for something like a year or more. But he does some uncanny stuff.

And I thought his top-rope move was the Red Alert. Dunno why, but I did. Like the sound of that better anyway.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

You know...I think the smartest thing they could do is round up any other X guy they can find and throw them in a 4 man or something.

The week 2 4 man made me order.

I didn't order week 3.

Week 4 made me order because of the 6 man.

Now I'll order every week...but the buzz is on those elimination matches more than anything...I assume someone else out there would be pushed to order if it had one...lke I was.

Guest HollywoodSpikeJenkins

Red vs. Lo Ki?

*MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARKS*

And how will this ladder/submission match work? Hmmmm, makes ya think that Russo ISNT the Devil.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

The match can be won by either climbing the ladder to get the belt...or making your opponent tap out.

That way it plays to the strength of both guys.

In reality it is so Sabu can spot and the match won't be too bad of a styles clash.

Intriguing nonetheless.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

The way I see it they have a hot opener in Red vs. Lo Ki (and Borash said it will open the show)

A real hot match somewhere in the middle of the card with Styles and Lynn vs. the Elvises

and a cool Main Event with Sabu/Shamrock.

All they need to do is make everything else around it serviceable (IE: NO MIDGETS OR WOMENS MATCHES) and they have a solid lineup.

Guest J*ingus

After four loooooooong weeks of being delayed for various dumb reasons, I'm FINALLY going to be there live at one of the shows that are airing in my own damn hometown.

Oh, and just to prepare people: the Nashville Fairgrounds are pretty small. It's the same building that USA Wrestling ran out of, for those of you who got the America One shows. I imagine that the company will do a lot of work on it to make it look better, but it'll still have an extremely ECW Arena-ish feel of a little hometown building.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

"I saw Low Ki vs. Red in their ROH match a few weeks back and if this match is anything like that one, it's worth going way out of your way to see."

from the observer site

Now I'm really pumped.

Guest Nezbyte

Red v. Ki will be the match of the night, if they're given 10-20. Red is fucking great. Misses the Red Alert alot though. Smoothest fucking Red Star Press EVER. The boy was born to fly (who am i calling a boy, fucker's older than me but 50lbs lighter). ***-****

Sabu v. Jerret, hmmm, interesting stips. This should be good. **-**1/2 stars, i'd guess.

I havent seen the Elvii work, but, it'll prolly top Jeff v. Sabu.

Guest Jobber of the Week

Everyone's excited about Red, but I don't see him doing anything but jobbing, since Lowki already jobbed at last week's show.

Title match is an overbooked mess that I'd expect from Russo.

Lynn/AJ vs Elvises has the potential to be good wrestling except the drama of their angles will probably get in the way of it all. The dumb thing about it is that both teams have more or less the same angle (teasing breakup with "I'm better than you!" promos)

Guest Nezbyte
Everyone's excited about Red, but I don't see him doing anything but jobbing, since Lowki already jobbed at last week's show.

Title match is an overbooked mess that I'd expect from Russo.

Lynn/AJ vs Elvises has the potential to be good wrestling except the drama of their angles will probably get in the way of it all. The dumb thing about it is that both teams have more or less the same angle (teasing breakup with "I'm better than you!" promos)

Red jobs alot, his awesomeness and ability to deal with punishment keeps him over. He'll make Low Ki look very good and will go all out for him. The ROH guys work well together.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

I don't know who they would put over in that one.

It depends on whether Red was brought in to work TNA fairly often (like the other X guys) or if they just brought him in to showcase more talent that you wouldn't see normally.

Lo Ki is in a weird place already...because he isn't a contender for the X title anymore...and there are 5 people who are actually ranked...before Lo Ki would get back there.

I'd like to see them spend the next (however long until he would get another shot) making him look deadly.

He's already a popular guy with the crowd...

Then again...if Red is going to be around more than just this once...and what I hear is true...It would seem like he will get over VERY Quickly.

Guest Nezbyte

If Red is in NWATNA; have him go over NOW and then have Ki turn into a bad mamba-jamba - fucking everyone up.

Guest J*ingus

One slight problem: the Nashville redneck crowds do NOT like Hispanics at all. I don't know if they'd get behind Red or not.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

ooh...Good point.

They are opening the show...so at least the crowd won't be that drunk yet.

Guest Nezbyte
One slight problem: the Nashville redneck crowds do NOT like Hispanics at all. I don't know if they'd get behind Red or not.

Red is irish. Well, Red the character is hispanic. Red the person isnt.

The Maximos would have more of a problem getting over, then.

Fuck the rednecks. Someone call Bradshaw.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Apolo vs. Brian Lawler has been announced.

Which makes me happy because I like both people for some reason...

But I wouldn't think it would make for a very good contest.

meh...

Guest goodhelmet

the two x-division matches have me excited. the other two don't. damn, i kind of wish i had digital cable to order this show.

sidenote- hey bps, can you throw a smaller picture of avril up? that sig is WAY too big man.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

I got yelled at about my smaller picture...I'll go look for something.

Guest goodhelmet
I got yelled at about my smaller picture...I'll go look for something.

damn, when you win, you lose!

back to the nwa, i'm listening to WOL and Low-Ki sounds like Vin Diesel!!!