TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Kibagami

PROMO: "Save Tonight."

Guest Kibagami

PROMO: “Save Tonight.”

They arrive at the cemetery just as the rains stops, the last drops splattering on the windshield of the Diablo, still and peaceful for the briefest of moments before the windshield wipers push them away. The church looms over the Lamborghini as it parks outside the front steps of the rectory. A man and a woman exit the car- the man clothed entirely in black, wearing sunglasses and a trenchcoat, though it’s easily eighty degrees, and a cloudy day at that. At his side, he carries an ornate black cane, but his stride is strong, purposeful. The woman follows just behind him to the graveyard- an urban vision in her fishnets, “Bikini Girl” t-shirt, faded mascara and windblown black hair.

They are quite the melancholy pair, the two of them. From their silence, you would think that somebody had died.

“Well, you know I’m going away,

And how I wish, I wish it weren’t so;

So take this wine, and drink with me…

Let’s delay our misery…

Save tonight…and we’ll fight the break of dawn;

Come tomorrow…tomorrow, I’ll be gone,

Save tonight…and we’ll fight the break of dawn;

Come tomorrow…tomorrow, I’ll be gone…”

They come to a stop at one particular grave, an ornate white headstone. The flowers before it are still fresh…

JESSICA MATHESON

1974-2001

“Angels, she was one of your own. Carry her safely to the stars, where she belongs.”

-Nathaniel Kibagami

The woman is the first to break the silence…

“You really loved her, didn’t you?”

He sighs. “I did. I still do. It’s been seven months…flowers every Sunday afternoon, no matter what.”

“It’s a beautiful gesture, Nathan. It really is.”

”Thank you…it just…it doesn’t feel like enough, anymore.”

She squeezes his hand, kisses his cheek. “Nathan…what else can you do? It was an accident, angel. There’s nothing you could’ve done…you can’t kill yourself over this…not when we’ve only had these last few weeks, huh?”

He laughs…she always seems able to make him laugh. “You’re right, Angel…and I know it,” he says, wiping a tear from beneath his glasses. “But…there’s something I have to do…something I think she’d have wanted. I’ll explain it on the way back home…”

”Okay, babe. I’ll be in the car.”

She takes her leave of him; he needs the time alone.

She’s never seen him cry before.

“There’s a log on the fire

And it burns like me for you

Tomorrow comes with one desire

To take me away, it’s true

It ain’t easy to say goodbye

Darling, please, don’t start to cry

Because, girl, you know I’ve got to go,

But Lord, I wish it wasn’t so…”

In the car, she turns on the radio to an Eagle Eye Cherry song. Funny, she hasn’t listened to them in a long time. She watches him enter the church, wondering what the ride home is going to bring. She’s never met someone so mysterious, so dangerous, so vulnerable before.

She refuses to let his life get the best of him.

“Tomorrow comes…to take me away

And I wish…I wish I could stay

But girl, you know I’ve got to go,

And Lord, how I wish this wasn’t so…”

He kneels inside the confessional, the tears streaming from his eyes. The men he’s killed, the career’s he’s ended, the pain and suffering he’s strewn along the way…

“Yes, my son?”

He cannot in good conscience, let Angel go down the same path he had led Jessica.

All in the name of vengeance…

He would just have to take his now.

“Bless me, Father, for I have sinned…”

The road back from Perdition begins.

END PROMO

Guest Edwin MacPhisto

Just when I FINALLY start to write my next promo, you go and raise the bar again.

The introduction of Angel is a wonderful idea, I might add.

Guest Tyler McClelland

A little quirky thing that you may have done intentionally... but maybe not.

You used each other's names a lot since they aren't familiar to the fed... I caught it, yes :)

I don't know if you did it out of everyones or your own lack of familiarity...

But, then again, it was a nice promo. You're starting to copy me though :)

Lyrics, women (dead AND alive, but how long until you kill her?), and cryptic shit.

At least you're doing a good job of copying me :)

Guest Tyler McClelland

Did you use them in every sentence because you weren't familiar with them, though? Or was it because nobody else was familiar with them?

Guest Kibagami

Because nobody else is familiar with them. I'm completely aware of what I'm doing...all these recent promos are part of an overarcing long-term angle I'm doing right now.

Guest Tyler McClelland

Excellent, that's what I like to hear.

It's not often when people do little things like that to make their promos of higher quality.

Guest Kibagami

Ladies and gentlemen, that was the Outcast Promo Seal of Approval.

.::takes his rightful place on The Lawn::.

Guest Tyler McClelland

Get the fuck off the lawn, I didn't give you permission.

Guest Tyler McClelland

...but Sacred will wave his fist at you like mad...

You don't want that.

Guest realitycheck

Riiiiiiight.

I hate to go take this thread off topic, but I'm going to comment on Silent's promo. Yeah.

Anyway, I like the blossoming relationship bewtween Silent and Angel. Is the choice of song subtle foreshadowing into the future? Or am I just reading into this too much? Great stuff, and the final bit put a cool soundclip/visual/movie thingie into my head. Brill work.

And for lack of anything else to say, here's a random note I brought up with Edwin over AIM...

"reality55check: Note: Aw, Silent's gotten all twee on us. (KILL HIM) Am I the only one making Angel = Julia Roberts in 'Pretty Woman'? If that's true, doesn't Silent make for a quite hilarious Richard Gere? :)"

-Z

If your next promo includes spending up and down Rodeo Drive, then boy howdy, Silent...

Guest SupaTaft

Once again very nice promo. This is shaping up to be like one of those ols fashioned radio shows, where you turn in every week, and they cut it out just when it gets interesting.

Anyways, more intrigue to the plot as Silent is apparently feeling some feelings of denial in the Clan, so he goes to a catholic confessional. Ooooh this is really getting good.

On a related note, get your ass to the WF so I can write a promo that wont get outshined! Dammit!

-Taft

Guest Ace309

Really impressive. Even though I saw it coming, the confessional is really an interesting thing to do, and it's just.... yeah. heh

Sign in to follow this