TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest M Nyland

A Question...

Guest M Nyland

It seems to be that the moment a casual fan takes the time out of his or her day to get on the internet and search for anything wrestling related...that they are no longer simply a casual fan. They could be, if they go to mark-ish sites and such...but what about the fans that go to RajahWWF, or TheSmarks, or TheSmartMarks, or 411, or any of the other many news/opinion/smart sites on the net...sooner or later they may lose part of the casual interest and become a person just like us...a SMARK.

Now I can't put a time frame on my birth as a smark, but I know it was sometime in 2000. It just kind of happened. My view of the WWF and every other wrestling organization changed. All because of the internet.

Now I ask you all one question......what would your life and your mind be like if there was no such thing as the internet? Or better...what would the WWF(E) or any other organization be like if there was no such thing as the internet.

It's so mind boggling it is hard to think about....

Discuss.........(because I feel like acting like Downhome)

Guest MrRant

The WWE gets free pub from smarks so that would hurt it.

I think I would still be the same except for not knowing whose fucking or holding down who.

Wrestling IS fairly easy to guess who they are talking about when they refer to someone.

You become a "smark" I think when you start thinking about wrestling as a business instead of just entertainment.

Guest RicFlairGlory

Gotta agree with MrRant

Once you grasp the concept that its staged, and begin to think of it in terms of t-shirt sales, you're already more smark than mark

Guest Cataclysm911

I can remember when I became a "smark" so to speak. I was a fan of Goldberg, however when I mentioned it on the net', I was clowned on pretty heavily. I then continued to read about blah, blah, blah up until this day.

I can still form my own opinions about things, however I just have greater knowledge of the business. Or at least I think I do. Who knows. I'm probably dumber and have read made up shit for three years.

Fuck me, I'm all talk.

Guest mickberna

Personally, I am happy I became a smark of sorts, because if I hadn't learned about the business, the indy wrestlers I proposed a TV show to would have laughed me out the door.

Thankfully, I was able to talk to them on a fairly equal level, and I at least had their respect as a TV producer. We put on a cool show, and I had the experience of a lifetime (so far, anyway).

I even got to take a bizarre sit-down reverse piledriver while a crowd of idiots popped for the end of the "asshole producer" character.

All because of smarkiness. Yay!

Guest bob_barron

I don't really consider myself a smark, mark or smart-

I just consider myself a fan of wrestling who enjoys watching it