TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Jerry Jarrett interview

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

NWA TNA`s co-owner Jerry Jarrett was the guest this week on Chairshots radio which can be heard at any time at http://www.chairshots.com. The host of the show is Rod Siciliano. Here are a few highlights from the Jarrett interview:

- On what the buyrates are so far for the NWA TNA:

"Well,we are learning daily. The truth of the matter is that no body knows exactly what they are. Not In Demand, not our pay-per view agent, and not us. Such a small sampling reports in that it is impossible to get a real reading. Our best guess is that the numbers, at this point, with the information we have, are that the numbers are not as good as they need to be. The moves that we are making for other reasons and the cost projections make us still viable, but, we have a tremendous amount of work to do as far as further clearance and letting the people know that we`re out there. And we`ve gone to work on that already."

- On whether NWA TNA is looking at a network or cable TV outlet:

"We are putting out feelers right now. You know you can have a business plan and then you have to be a realist and come back and say, 'We need to tweak this or do that.' I`ve never been one to be bull-headed in business and at this point in time, after five events and ascertaining that our biggest problem isn`t in the creative end, not in the production end, but, in the public awareness end. There`s a possibility in order to accomplish our goal of product awareness we may have to get a television show. So we are exploring that before it becomes a have to case."

- His thoughts on this past Wednesday`s show:

"My attention was diverted due to an issue that's legal, and I can't go into that right now. I made some decisions I should not have made about the talent. I have a theory, it's a thirty year theory, that we don't like to overproduce. We believe that each talent has it's own personality, and when I say overproduced, some people want them to memorize their lines and go about it that way. I don't like that. I like to discuss the situation with the talent, have it as realistic as possible, and have it more spontaneous then probably any other promoter out there. When we do this, and we don't have time to go over things like we should, we have something like we had on Wednesday."

"Ninety nine percent of the verbage was created by the wrestlers this week, and the results was a lot more profanity then I tend to tolerate."

"I will not tolerate or appreciate using God's name in vain, and in one of those circumstances I didn't portray that to the talent, and someone (Jerry Lynn) dropped a G.D. (God Damn)"

- On some of the verbage this past week...

"The sum total, I didn't like..."

- On Russo's involvment...

"People think everyone thing that goes wrong, it's Vince Russo's fault. No, it was Jerry Jarrett's fault. As far as the in ring product, I should've been there during the day instead of fighting legal battles."

"He is a very creative guy who comes up with how many ever ideas you would want to suggest, and I'm tickled to have him...He's not only obsessive but eager why an idea doesn't work. He's humorous, he's funny, uh, Vince will

give me a risque idea and he will give me three versions of it and each one of them is less risque. He is nothing like how you hear about the internet."

- On whether he`s surprised about people disliking Russo...

"Yeah, I am. It's something of a shock. There are some things about him I don't like and I'm sure there are things about me I don't like."

"Due to legal issues, I have to rely more and more on him everyday."

Another great interview with Jerry as he holds nothing back. It was interesting to hear him talk about looking for a tv deal for NWA TNA. It`s certainly an interview worth checking out.

Guest Vyce

Jerry's always a good interview.

I do hope they get a TV deal. I want them to succeed as much as bps does.

Guest jimmy no nose

Whoa, what are these legal issues that are taking up so much time? Do they involve the promotion?

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

I don't know what the legal issues are...

I'd like to think that Jerry is a straight shooter...but I'm surprised we haven't heard anything about this.

Especially when he called off WOL at the last minute.

I suspect we'll find out sooner or later.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

actually...the worst part is:

"Due to legal issues, I have to rely more and more on him everyday"

Guest J*ingus

Jarrett owns a construction company along with a whole lot of real estae, along with various & sundry other business deals, so the legal thing he spoke of could be any one of a hundred different things.

Guest Jobber of the Week

I'm sure Jerry is trying to be likeable and all, and he gets points for listening to the fanbase. But just like anyone else, he's only going to be able to defend Russo for so long until he either wakes up (hopefully), or he's ignorant about it so long it tanks his business (noooo...)

Yes, I know that NASCAR drivers and country stars aren't the proper way to promote wrestling, but Russo's ideas are "definitely risky" at best and "pure bullshit" at worst. He is the reason why wrestling is stuck in it's dulldroms today. Now more than ever, mainstream wrestling is more about the talking than the wrestling. Thanks, Vince!

Guest El Satanico

Oh don't take his support of Russo in interviews as something more then it is.

I mean honestly what did you expect him to say about Russo? He isn't going to say he hates the guy and is just waiting for him to fail. Russo is working for Jerry Jarrett so of course Jerry will talk well of him.

It doesn't mean he's showing blind support to Russo and will ignore anything bad that he does. It doesn't mean that Jerry will treat Russo like Vince treats Stephanie.