• Eddie Murphy
    • Chris Rock
    • Denis Leary
    • Dennis Miller
    • Ray Ramono
    • Tim Allen
    • Jeff Foxworthy

Guest LooseCannon
No Jerry Seinfeld (God #2) or Norm Macdonald (God #1)- BLASPHEMY!

I agree I think Norm MacDonald is the funniest guy doing stand-up right now, but Jerry Seinfeld's stand up is overrated. His show was great though.

All time, it's gotta be Lenny Bruce. Carlin is overrated.

Honorable mention for Andy Kaufman.

Guest SuperTonyJaymz

Dane Cook is the shit. I actually used the acidy spit joke at a party once..didn't go over with everyone, some but everyone else was like "crazy white boy over there!"

Does he have a video or dvd or whatever out? ive only seen his act on Comedy Central(BTW Premium Blend rules!)

John Leguizamo is pretty good, and Wayne Brady is a funny mother fucker

Guest jimmy no nose

George Carlin for the ones listed. If we're saying recent favorites, how about Mitch Hedberg? His material is average, but the way he says things is so great.

Guest Razor Roman

Out of the list, Denis Leary is my clear favorite.

But I'd be remissed if I didn't mention Lewis Black... he's on the Daily Show but when you see him live, it's a thing to behold.

Also gotta love Carlos Mencia, Brian Regan, and of course NORTON.

Guest M Nyland

Brain Regan RULES!

I have his Live album and every thing makes me laugh....

so does Frank Caliendo......he's on Opie & Anthony every once in a while

hmm...and the most disgusting guitar player ever....STEPHEN LYNCH!

Guest Chuck Woolery

Why no Pablo Francesco? His Jerry Springer shtick cracks me up, as does the Little Tortilla Boy promo.

- Mike Van Siclen.

Drunk on Comedy Central.

Guest M Nyland

I downloaded Pablo's show....and Todd Barry was good too...

there are so many new funny comics.......

"she called you a poonta..."

"Arnold Swartzenagger IS...

.....nooooo...*BOOM*...

...Little Tortilla Boy!"

Guest M Nyland

I love Stephen Lynch...

"Altar Boy", "Gerbil", "RDC", and "Special Fred" are some of the funniest things I've ever heard

Guest Madmartigan21
Why no Pablo Francesco? His Jerry Springer shtick cracks me up, as does the Little Tortilla Boy promo.

- Mike Van Siclen.

Drunk on Comedy Central.

Oh yeah, cause those subjects are SO topical.

Some of his stuff would be really funny, IF this was the mid to late 90's. Hell, the guy still does Aaron Neville jokes. At this point in time, how many people even remember who Aaron Neville is? Never mind actually give a big enough shit about him, one way or the other, to find the reference funny.

Guest evenflowDDT
Why no Pablo Francesco?  His Jerry Springer shtick cracks me up, as does the Little Tortilla Boy promo.

- Mike Van Siclen.

Drunk on Comedy Central.

Some of his stuff would be really funny, IF this was the mid to late 90's. Hell, the guy still does Aaron Neville jokes. At this point in time, how many people even remember who Aaron Neville is? Never mind actually give a big enough shit about him, one way or the other, to find the reference funny.

I know who Aaron Neville is, but I don't know enough about him to get how he could be the subject of a funny joke. Was there some big controversy in his life or something?

And as for mid-'90s nostalgia... ummm... no thanks. I don't seem to remember very many good things from that time :)

Guest Dangerous A

Pound fo pound, it's Carlin.

I dig Dennis Miller, but sometimes his cross referencing goes too far over the audience.

And Yes Converge241, Schimmel is fucking hilarious!

Guest Vyce

Lil' Jimmy fuckin' Norton. That lovable, huggable, Surly Truck Driver, he of the non-tussleable hair.

Norton really is the best. Stephen Lynch is good too. As is Regan, & Lewis Black, and hell, most everyone who appears on the "Opie & Anthony Show" (glad to see fellow fans here! :D ).

Except for Rich Vos.

Pablo Francisco is kind of overrated, IMO.

Guest Razor Roman
hmm...and the most disgusting guitar player ever....STEPHEN LYNCH!

I love Lynch... didn't know if he was considered "stand up" enough for the thread.

You haven't lived until you've gone to a college where like 25% of the students are Special Education majors, and seen Lynch perform "Special Olympics"

Guest Razor Roman
Lil' Jimmy fuckin' Norton. That lovable, huggable, Surly Truck Driver, he of the non-tussleable hair.

Norton really is the best. Stephen Lynch is good too. As is Regan, & Lewis Black, and hell, most everyone who appears on the "Opie & Anthony Show" (glad to see fellow fans here! :D ).

Except for Rich Vos.

Pablo Francisco is kind of overrated, IMO.

Stupid Vos and his midget hands. I just want to tussle his hair with Triple H's sledgehammer.

Wanna buy a dryer door?

"I still owe Jericho a job, so I'm dodging him"

-HHHVos

Guest Intimacy Goblin

Carlin's awesome, and Leary and Rock are fighting for second (in my book), but has no one heard any of Robin Williams' stand up? Goddamn that is some funny shit.

Guest Ripper

Dave Chappelle is a underated stand-up guy. Redd Foxx is one of the all-time greats, along with Richard Pryor.

Guest DrTom

Bah, I am surrounded by philistines. It is a travesty that Eddie Izzard is not on your list. He is absolutely the funniest thing going today. His "Dress To Kill" show turns up on HBO and HBO Comedy from time to time. You can also get the tape, which has some material the HBO show cut for time reasons (the tape is almost two hours, yes, TWO HOURS~! of standup genius).

After Izzard, I'd have to with George Carlin and Chris Rock.

Guest MrRant
Bah, I am surrounded by philistines. It is a travesty that Eddie Izzard is not on your list. He is absolutely the funniest thing going today. His "Dress To Kill" show turns up on HBO and HBO Comedy from time to time. You can also get the tape, which has some material the HBO show cut for time reasons (the tape is almost two hours, yes, TWO HOURS~! of standup genius).

After Izzard, I'd have to with George Carlin and Chris Rock.

You bastard... you dare pick ANYONE over Carlin? Bastard.

Guest Marshall
Carlin...

and yes...why no Jerry Seinfeld, hate the show, love the stand up

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!

How can ANYONE hate Seinfeld. Hating seinfeld should be illegal! I feel sick now.

Guest Madmartigan21
Why no Pablo Francesco?  His Jerry Springer shtick cracks me up, as does the Little Tortilla Boy promo.

- Mike Van Siclen.

Drunk on Comedy Central.

I know who Aaron Neville is, but I don't know enough about him to get how he could be the subject of a funny joke. Was there some big controversy in his life or something?

And as for mid-'90s nostalgia... ummm... no thanks. I don't seem to remember very many good things from that time :)

He does a mocking impression of his singing. He says he his voice reminds him of someone scanning through raido stations in their car. That statement and his impression are dead on, but who gives a fuck? The guy hasn't had a hit in something like fifteen years. Parody doesn't work if most of you audience is unfamiliar with the material that the parody is based on.

It's so sad to see that Pryor isn't get the respect that he deserves in this thread. Most younger fans aren't as familiar with his material, because his battles with MS have kept him from performing anything in the last several years.

Most other comics, as well as many, many fans always acknowledge him as the best ever.

Eddie Murphy's lack of respect is also disheartening. Just because he hasn't done much of it in the last fifteen years, doesn't mean he wasn't awesome. Just rent Eddie Murphy: Raw as proof.

Guest DrTom

"You bastard... you dare pick ANYONE over Carlin? Bastard."

Watch "Dress To Kill" the next time it comes on. I've shown the tape to more than a dozen people, most of whom have bought that one and his others, and several of whom now list Izzard as their favorite comedian. Maybe the British transvestite thing works against him over here, but he's amazingly funny and talented. And his riffs on religion and history are first-rate.

Guest Ravenbomb

out of the ones already mentioned, Carlin and Eddie Izzard

nobody mentions Bill Cosby?! Damn... He, Carlin and Izzard are like the top three ever...

Guest M Nyland

this thread could go forever...

remember the Bucky Dent/Denis Leary get-together on CCH 3 I believe....that was hilarious

Guest ant_7000

what no love for Pryor he was the man in the 70's and 80's and no Martin Lawerence anybody see "You so Crazy" then no what im talking about and check out his new stand up movie on Aug 2. Seinfield is aight I guess. I like Murphy as well needs to go back to stand up. My current favorite right now is Chris Tucker.

Guest M Nyland

I am a comedian MARK.....

I love almost every comic I see....Robin Williams standup was great....

so was Pryor, Eddie Murphy, Martin Lawrence, etc...

but to pick ONE...to pick ONE....I chose George Carlin...

I love his stuff more than anybody elses