TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest crusen86

The TV Title

Guest crusen86

Alright, you've read the title. Now, lemme explain.

From what I can tell, the TV title is absolutely useless. Now, it was good back in the days where we had 20-30 people, but our numbers are dropping down to the range of 10-15. A belt is supposed to be vaguely special - how special can it be if 1 in 5 guys have it?

Plus, it seems to be nothing more than a hassle nowadays. At the rate we are trying to push new guys into the WF, the TV belt often just becomes a problem and needs to be jobbed, sometimes within a week of winning it.

I honestly believe it's worthless, and no longer required. The original World and European belts are good enough in my view.

Am I alone here? Anyone else got an opinion?

Guest SupaTaft

Ok, I suppose this should go here. In about ten minutes I leave for band camp. So I got up early and checked the results. I am happy and proud that I defeated Fugue, but I am HELLA pissed that my promo didn't get pissed. That's right, I wrote a 5000 word match and two 600 word promos. All in the span of three days. In the course of those three days I was uber busy running around, getting my shit for band camp. So I made my match and my promos my main focus.

The promo that was left out was not only supposed to take me out for a week, it was also gonna introduce a new sWo member, and further put over my character. So instead of coming back on Wrath with a gaping head wound and a real bad attitude, I come back to... what? Nothing. I'm a little bit mad, but I wont hold a grudge. Crusen I understand what you felt you had to do, so we're cool. I hope the whole TV title issue is resolved by the time of my return. Plus I will probably get my Euro title shot upon my return too so.

I might never have to job the TV title...

Ok, I'm off for one week of playing the tuba and marching around like an idiot. Come on Ash! Lets go camping!!

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Taft

Guest crusen86

1. If you actually read the show or the second PM I believe I sent, you'd see that I posted them anyway.

2. This is the wrong thread to address your concerns, which are invalid anyway.

Guest SupaTaft

Didn't read the second PM. Sorry.

My concerns are not invalid. I understand what you want to do, and I would be following in the footsteps of my hero Ash, but what concerns me is my #1 contendership for the Euro, which I have addressed in the post for T-Bone's retirement.

-Taft

Guest Muzz

"I would be following in the footsteps of my hero Ash"

You dillusional fool.

Guest Edwin MacPhisto

The only thing that has me not agreeing fully is that, in the JL, belts are kind of critical to stories and bookings, since a lot of the undercard guys are just getting into it and don't have much grasp of what to strive for except the titles.

That said, I will agree that it's kind of perfunctory at this moment. Afer the final TV Title match between Kamikaze, Thor, and Cutthroat or Fugue on Wrath, I say we suspend the belt until it's necessary again. God willing we'll get another boom of new talent sometime soon, and then we can bring it back.

Guest hhh6294

I'm acutally in agreeance with Crusen on this one...

The TV title is actually quite useless when there is little to no competition fighting for it.

THis year hasn't been pretty for us... about this time last year we had an extreme boost of newbs, that warrented another feeder fed... (the ML), but this year, it just hasn't happened.

I'm going to agree with Crusen to an extent... the TV title should be declared inactive, but only until we get enough people to warrent it's return.

Guest -Cutthroat-

I feel a great distubance in the force. Somebody is back...

(Hint: He's a no-shower!)

Guest hhh6294

*~* Jake kicks Cutthroat in the balls as many times as CT has losses *~*

quit assuming things, dumbfuck.

Guest Tod deKindes

You're gonna be kicking air for a while, Jake.

Guest DiabloIIFreak1010

You're gonna be kicking air for a while, Jake.

LMFAO!

Guest crusen86

"My concerns are not invalid. I understand what you want to do, and I would be following in the footsteps of my hero Ash, but what concerns me is my #1 contendership for the Euro, which I have addressed in the post for T-Bone's retirement."

Yes, they are invalid because nothing eventuated. And if Ash is your hero, refer to Muzza's post. Read ALL PMs and ALL cards before making statements.

As for your not getting your shot at T-Bone, I'm not giving anyone the belt.

In future, instead of posting everything in numerous threads, send a PM.

NOW, back on topic.

TV title is retired until possible future use as of the end of Metal. Wikid.

Guest 5_moves_of_doom

Ahem.

YES!

YES!

YES!

Retire the belt. It's bad. It should be retired. It's unimportant. Why am I so eager to get rid of the belt? Well...guess.

-Taylor "NOW NO ONE CAN EVER BEAT MY RECORD WITH THE BELT INACTIVE!" Thompson

Guest Insane Clown Dan

Ash... Thor's hero!?

Oh good god, some sick, sadistic freak did one helluva brainwashing on you :o

Guest Listen2Reason

So...does that mean my match with Cutthroat is not a TV-title contendorship match? If so, that's fine, I don't really care...I just want to get this straight so I know how to write the match, y'know?

Sign in to follow this