TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Black Lushus

Body Count

Guest Black Lushus

this was Ice T's rock group, for those who don't remember..they came out back in 92 i believe, i was 15...back then I was like "hey this is some cool shit!"...of course it's funny how time and experience change your perspective on things...anyway, I was listening to them today for the first time in like 5 years and I've come to one summarization of them:  they're a rock group with a rapper for a lead singer...not really any other way to put them...they don't totally suck but it's certainly not that great either...any one have any thoughts on them?

Guest areacode212

Since these were the days before MP3s and Morpheus, and since none of my friends bought the album, the only song I ever heard from them was the infamous "Cop Killer". I didn't really like it, although Ice-T looked pretty cool with that long-haired thing he had going.

I read an interview with him around that time where he talked about how much he liked listening to Napalm Death and grindcore. So even though I didn't enjoy either his rapping or his yelling (in Body Count), I always thought he was a cool guy (ND was my favorite band at the time).

Guest CoreyLazarus416

Ice-T is most definitely a cool guy. He paved the way for RATM and other bands, no other way of saying it.

I like Body Count.

Guest Sassquatch

Body Count is just another one of the reasons why I like Ice-T.

Ice was preachin back in the day about LA cops and nobody believed him.

Then Rodney King and the LA riots happen...

Guest Black Lushus

wow I am shocked at the positive feedback for them here!  i thought for sure people would call me nuts for even bringing them up here!

Guest Kinetic

Oh, I think you're crazy for even bringing them up.  I just don't have anything to say beyond that.

Guest kkktookmybabyaway

I was a sophomore in high school when I saw the Body Count video "There Goes the Neighborhood" on MTV late at night. I thought it was an interesting song and told a friend about it a day or so later. He said Ice-T started that group, and a week or so later I bought the tape for it. Although I listened to rap during those years I still had this album in my "rotation." About 6/7 months later the whole "Cop Killer" fiasco was launched and I was treated like a God since all the available Body Count albums now didn't have that one song on it. I can't remember how many dubs I made, but during that summer I was doing at least one a day for someone or their friend. Ironically, "Cop Killer" wasn't one of my favorite songs. "Bowels (sp?)  of the Devil," the song before that (I forget what it was called) and the guitar intro were my selected tracks.

About 7/8 years later I picked up their third album at a used CD store. Didn't care for it at all. Still have both albums today. End of story.

(Ironically, many people questioned why I got the album, since many of my opinions tend to be on the more conservative side of the fence. I never understood this reasoning. Many of my Republican watch Terminator, Predator, etc. and think nothing of the violence. But say some naughty words and hell will freeze over. C'est la vie.)

Guest Black Lushus

Check out their second album "Born Dead", a LOT of good musical spots in there...their last album, the one you are probably referring to, sucked ass...anyway, the songs i like on the first album are Voodoo, Evil Dick, and Momma's Gotta Die Tonight...I'm sure you can find some MP3s of those songs somewhere on the net, DL them if you get a chance...

Guest kkktookmybabyaway

"Voodoo" -- God what a funny song..

"My eye (da da da) Bitch!"

And how can anyone forget Mr. Heston's reading of "KKK Bitch"? God that was a fun album.

Guest KOR420

I think I bought the last album they came out with like 4 or 5 years ago it was ok but it collects dust on my shelf now