TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest MrRant

Sequels Better Than The Originals?

Guest redbaron51

Empire Strikes Back

Toy Story 2

American Pie 2 (despite that Jason Biggs is the Anti-funny and should not be doing movies)

Evil Dead 2

Mission Impossible 2 (and i also liked the first one aswell)

Guest packwingfn7

Back to the people who mentioned Cruel Intentions 2, yes it was VERY horribile, the only reason it is worth mentioning is because of the Twins in the Shower Scene ;) Very nice!

Guest HBK16
Terminator 2 was better than the original

Oh god yes. I can't stand the first one.

Guest pinnacleofallthingsmanly

I liked the Indiana ones sequels better than the original.

I think Rush Hour 2 was the better of the two movies because it seemed like Chris Tucker and Jackie Chan had developed chemistry in it.

I remembered Terminator 2 being better than the first one, but that was because the last time I watched it was many years ago. I watched it recently, and I'm willing to give the first one a better chance. I didn't like the sappy part of the story where John Connor was being friends with the Terminator and they were trying to show it how to be human. I also didn't like alot of Sarah Connor's monologues. The movie had some good stuff in it, but it wasn't as tremendous as I remembered it.

I liked Episode 2 better than Episode 1, but that could have been because the special effects were better and there was more action. Both films featured a shitty Anakin Skywalker, and I think George Lucas sucks as a director. I think everyone that enjoyed the movie was enamored with the special effects, because there was alot of bad stuff in the movie. The first time i saw it, I enjoyed the movie. There were parts I didn't like, but I was willing to forgive that stuff. The second time I watched the movie, I found that I was less impressed with Yoda's fight scene and it was harder to enjoy without being caught off guard. I still like some of the visuals and I enjoyed the fight scene between Jango Fett and Obi Wan, but the movie generally didn't hold up as well. The second time I saw it, was with my older brother and younger sister. My brother liked it because of all of the effects, but my sister didn't really think it was that great. She enjoyed parts of it, but didn't think it was that great. I was watching the new Linkin Park video and I was thinking to myself, "this pretty much is like watching the best parts of Star Wars, but it's a music video and not a movie franchise."

I liked Americam Pie better than American Pie 2, but my opinion probably would change if I saw each movie again.

I liked the second Austin Powers, but the first one was funnier to me. I am going to avoid the third one, because I really can't stand Beyonce Knowles, or the Knowles family.

I enjoyed the Scorpion King more than the original Mummy, but that could be due to the fact that I only saw each of them once. I enjoyed Scorpion King more, but I don't know if it was a better movie. I went into it expecting to laugh and I did just that.

I thought Mission Impossible 2 smoked the sausage.

Guest RobJohnstone

t2 had some cool special effects, but t1 owns t2 in all sorts of ways, no contest

--Rob

Guest Kingpk

Just a word of wisdom:

If the sequel is "Direct to Video", then you know it can't possibly be any good.

Guest Dangerous A

Godfather 2 is better than 1, but never mention 3. That one sucks ass.

Aliens 2 is better than the original, but 3 and 4 are abominations IMO.

I also feel Lethal Weapon 2 is better than 1.

Guest NaturalBornThriller4:20

Next-Friday-was-good-but-NOT-better

than-Friday.That's-a-classic.

Guest El Satanico

I don't know if you should even consider American Psycho 2 to be an actual sequel to American Psycho. From what i read on that it just sounds like a generic movie about a killer that the film makers called AP2 in a attempt to make money off the American Psycho name. However the movie does have Shatner in it so kick ass.

Aliens and T2 are good movie and are on the same level as the originals. I like Aliens and T2, but i think Alien and Terminator are the better movies. Just because Aliens has more action doesn't mean it's better. Also just because T2 had better special effects doesn't make it better. Alien and Terminator had better stories then the sequels which makes them easily superior.

Psycho 2 better then Psycho? Bwahahahaha please tell us that you are joking. Psycho is a classic directed by a great legendary director. And you're claiming that it's a given that a sequel made 20 some years later to make money off the name of the original?

Once again please tell us that you were joking.

Guest Michael Joel Benoit

Without a shadow of a doubt the two best sequels to far surpass the orginals were "The Empire Strikes Back" and "T2: Terminator 2: Judgment Day."

Guest Youth N Asia

With American Pie I thought #1 was the better movie...but #2 was just flat out funnier.

Scream...by the time they got to #3 you didn't care if the main character lived or died...I was hoping she'd die and 3 and they could end it...sadly they didnt

Guest Hitman Jebus
Neve Campbell dying at the end of 3 would've been sweet.

Exactly! That's what I hoped when watching it fir the first time...

I was yelling "KILL HER!" at the movie theater screen knowing it would be a great end to the trilogy but...

SCREAM 3 SUCKED ASS!

Guest SuperTonyJaymz

Gremlins 2 was way better than Gremlins 1

Batman Returns was better than Batman, IMO

I agree that Jason Biggs sucks....He isn't funny! I've set to see him in a good movie.

Guest Youth N Asia

You sir, on are the crack!

Batman Returns I did not like...sure the first one was slow, but it told a good story and built to a cool ending.

And if they make a Scream 4 I won't watch it unless I'm told she dies

Guest RobJohnstone

You sir, on are the crack!

Batman Returns I did not like...sure the first one was slow, but it told a good story and built to a cool ending.

And if they make a Scream 4 I won't watch it unless I'm told she dies

anyone who thinks t2 is better than the original is on crack. Aside from Special Effects the story blew :(

--Rob

Guest Smues

Die hard was a great movie, but I liked Die Hard 2 and 3 better than the first.

Guest Youth N Asia

I liked all the Die Hards a lot...I think 1 is the better movie though...but 2 and 3 still kick ass

Guest Hitman Jebus

Gremlins 1 and 2 both rule but are too different

1 was pretty serious for a comedy, but 2 was basically making fun ( a parody) of the first one (look at Phoebe Cates' speech about her father dying in G1, then look at G2...that was funny)

I can't make up my mind which is better...they both rule! I'll go with the original because of Christmas...I love Christmas movies

--

As far as Terminator goes, they're both very good story wise, the second just has better (revolutionary, if you will) FX...T2 is my personal favorite but if you like the first one better...I won't argue, I understand.

Guest Hitman Jebus

IMO,

-Batman (great)

-Batman Returns (blew hard!)

-Batman Forever (not bad but nowhere as good as the original...I missed the darkness/atmosphere of the Burton films...but it was a step up from Returns which BLEW HARD!)

-Batman and Robin (Holy Shit! What happened here? WHY GOD WHY? so so bad)

In order: 1st (good), 3rd (mediocre), 2nd and 4th(SUUUUUCCCKKKEEEDDDD!!!!)

Guest Shaved Bear
Die hard was a great movie, but I liked Die Hard 2 and 3 better than the first.

:o

Guest Daredevil21
IMO,

-Batman (great)

-Batman Returns (blew hard!)

-Batman Forever (not bad but nowhere as good as the original...I missed the darkness/atmosphere of the Burton films...but it was a step up from Returns which BLEW HARD!)

-Batman and Robin (Holy Shit! What happened here? WHY GOD WHY? so so bad)

In order: 1st (good), 3rd (mediocre), 2nd and 4th(SUUUUUCCCKKKEEEDDDD!!!!)

First of all, while the second one is really good, it can't compare to the great original. The first one is untouchable. Anyway, the third and fourth installments of the series were just awful. It took everything that Burton had done to make Batman a dark and serious series, and totally crapped on it. The bright sets, the campyness of it all; it just pissed all over the original two, IMO. I can't even remember anything in specific from either movie, to be perfectly honest. I mean, not only did it do the above things, but it was dull on top of all that. For some reason I absolutely hate Batman Forever. I don't really know why. Perhaps it's because it was a complete letdown from what I thought it was going to be. I had gone in thinking that it was going to be the first two, and was horrified to see what it had become. I can't stand Jim Carrey as the Riddler for some reason. He's just too goofy, even for the Riddler. I haven't seen either of the last two movies enough to judge them against each other, so for the time being, I'll stick with my opinion that both of them are a disgrace to the Batman franchise.

Guest Youth N Asia

WHOOPS!!! I fucked that one up....I meant to say #2 was great, but 1 and 3 were better

My order goes

DH

DH3

DH2

Sorry for the confusion :D

Guest Ravenbomb

Am I the only one who thinks Evil Dead was the best of the trilogy?

Wrath of Kahn was the best Star Trek movie

So sue me, but I liked Dawn of the Dead better than Night of the Living Dead

I liked Godfather 3, but part 1 is still the best of the three