TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jobber of the Week

So you want a TNA TV show...

Guest Jobber of the Week

ABC, ABC Family, E!, ESPN (and all the ESPN channels): Owned by Disney. Unlikely to air wrestling for this very reason. ESPN Classics airs old stuff, but unlikely to air "Crash TV" RussoRasslin' like TNA.

The WB, TNT, TBS, CNN, HBO - Owned by AOL Time-Warner. Ted Turner is a wrestling fan, but has lost much of his power in the company and is more of a figurehead than anything. AOL does not care for wrestling anyway, judging by stories revolving around WCW's death.

USA Network - Owned by Vivendi Universal. Chances of airing wrestling: Possible.

NBC, CNBC, MSNBC, CNBC World, MSNBC, PAX: Owned by General Electric. Chances of wrestling are slim except on PAX, a second-tier cable network that seems to air stuff NBC doesn't want (repeats of The Weakest Link, for instance.)

FOX: Owned by News Corp. Fox owns a HUGE number of regional sports channels collectively called Fox Sports Net. Shows such as "The Best Damn Sports Show Period" have given the network an image that is respectible at best and a sub-par ESPN at worst. I actually think there's a good chance of getting a wrestling show on here, but nobody knows for sure.

WGN Superstation: A Chicago local station with pretty wide national coverage (carried by many satelite and digital cable providers.) Also a WB affiliate. Not as widespread as the above, but probably less expensive to get a show on the air. Then again, I know nothing of the management so this is a foggy one.

------------------------------------

This seems to be all the major players as well as the channels with hope of getting a "free" TNA show. However, what needs to be done is for a widespread 'net fan campaign. One that goes beyond this forum and can be supported by the entire IWC. Find a channel/network you feel is reasonable, and begin a campaign.

Online petitions won't work. How many online petitions can you think of, especially relating to televisions ("Save my favorite show!"), that have actually worked? TV companies like nice hand-written snailmail letters that get the point across without being hostile.

Perhaps this has all been discussed before, but I see such a "I want TNA on TV" trend around here, I thought I'd bring it up.

Guest Slapnuts00

Interesting insight, except you mention "E!" is a Disney owned channel, and would be unlikely to air wrestling, then again they air worse like the Howard Stern show and Wild On. Just saying. USA would be a nice idea, except they turned down ECW a little over a year a go when they were getting kicked off TNN in favor of WWF.

Guest Vyce

NWA won't air on PAX. That much I can tell you.

My mom watches PAX. It's like, her favorite channel.

Vince Russo & his masturbating midgets won't air on the same network that broadcasts "Touched by an Angel" 3 times a day.

Guest El Satanico

FOX also has FX which would also be possible.

WB, FX and USA are likely the best "major network" candidites for NWA to air on. Fox Sports is probably their other most likely choice.

Guest MrRant

If you want to know who owns what check this link out here. this will tell you what company owns what. And by the way... Disney doesn't own E!. Also... Disney and Time-Warner own the world.. look at what they own/have major investments in on the site

Guest Jobber of the Week
FOX also has FX which would also be possible.

True. And they did used to run a show that was more-or-less a lamer version of The Man Show.

And..Wow, that link has way too much info. Heh. I thought Disney had owned E! at one point or another, as their site was hosted by the failed GO.com venture at one point.

I guess the point of this thread was less the political climate for television and more of a call for a net-wide movement on this kind of thing. As long as you aren't pushing for a channel that is a high or certain impossibility (such as a Viacom or Disney-owned station), letter-writing campaigns have the highest success rate. Plus, since Jerry Jarrett will probably read up on what's going on, he may contact or get contacted by whatever channel.

Guest nWoAngel

It can happen with USA though.

I mean, us wrestling fans have been pleading for an alertative to wrestling nowadays. And there is such great talent in the NWA-TNA circuit. I mean, I am sure USA remembers their great ratings from WWE not some time ago. I guarantee you if word of mouth gets around fast and we tell everyone to watch it, we would. There is nothing interesting on the USA channel anyways. All it is is movies and some sitcoms. They need an alertative. Put NWA on there, and see what happens. I guarantee something will.

Guest Your Olympic Hero1
NWA won't air on PAX. That much I can tell you.

My mom watches PAX. It's like, her favorite channel.

The guy that runs PAX turned down the syndicated rights to Saturday Night Live when he first started the station because he thought the show was "too vulgar". Guess he forgot about that crazy newfangled "ratings" aspect of television.

Supermarket Sweep is the best thing on that channel :D

Guest El Satanico

Well unless it was sold straight out to GE PAX is ran by some bible thumper and it's basically a "Christian channel". They will only run stuff that they see as suitable for the whole family. So it explains why they turned down SNL and why wrestling has no chance of getting a timeslot on the channel.

Guest MrRant

Correction: Disney does own part of E! with Comcast and Liberty Media. I seemed to have skipped over it. My bad.

Guest MarvinisaLunatic

America One baby! America One! They had ECW and XPW at one point, and they used to air a bunch of indy stuff like Wildside and so on.

Granted about 5 people get America One, but one of them is me..

http://www.americaone.com/

They air NWA Wildside, USA Wrestling and Memphis Championship Wrestling, on Saturday night/ Sunday Morning from 1-4 am.

I can't see why they couldn't air NWA : TNA..

Guest J*ingus

It's already sort of happened, Marvin: USA Wrestling's TV show has turned into TNA's recap show.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

I don't get America One...

This plan is poop.

Guest Youth N Asia
Online petitions won't work. How many online petitions can you think of, especially relating to televisions ("Save my favorite show!"), that have actually worked? TV companies like nice hand-written snailmail letters that get the point across without being hostile.

While for the most part I agree with...BUT...the Blue Meanie was rehired by the WWF after a huge "Save the Meanie" campaign...granted, he didn't keep his job much longer...he was rehired, used on tv a little...and sent to the minors

But it is a case of online petitions working

I think NWA would be a good fit on FX actually

Guest Jobber of the Week
While for the most part I agree with...BUT...the Blue Meanie was rehired by the WWF after a huge "Save the Meanie" campaign...granted, he didn't keep his job much longer...he was rehired, used on tv a little...and sent to the minors

But it is a case of online petitions working

Yeah, but that was the wrestling promotion (WWF) and not the TV station.

Submitting stuff to NWA:TNA isn't that hard to do (although remember, they can't legally use your angle) since they seem to read the online sites, but online petitions directed to TV stations and other Hollywood types always go nowhere.

Guest Storm Tracker
It can happen with USA though.

I mean, us wrestling fans have been pleading for an alertative to wrestling nowadays. And there is such great talent in the NWA-TNA circuit. I mean, I am sure USA remembers their great ratings from WWE not some time ago. I guarantee you if word of mouth gets around fast and we tell everyone to watch it, we would. There is nothing interesting on the USA channel anyways. All it is is movies and some sitcoms. They need an alertative. Put NWA on there, and see what happens. I guarantee something will.

I haven't watched USA since WWE went to TNN. :blink: