TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Kinetic

A proposition

Guest Kinetic

Do you have writing ability? Do you enjoy music? Do you fancy yourself something of a critic? If you answered yes to all of these questions, then there may be a place on thesmartmarks.com for you. What I'm considering right now is forming a group of reviewers who post a new record review every other day or so, of which I would also be a part. Diverse tastes are welcome--I'd like this to appeal to the broadest group possible. If you're interested, PM a review. If I like it, I'll run it--along with this idea, which just sort of struck me--by one of my superiors.

Guest Cerebus The Aardvark

Lazy people of the world, unite!

I am pseudo lazy. Honestly, I just find it difficult to locate the proper motivation.

In other words: it is difficult to begin.

Guest Incandenza

Well, Kinetic rarely writes anything for the site himself, so I don't think BRINGING DA CONTENT~! on a frequent basis should be a concern if accepted.

Actually, I could write a fair number of album reviews if properly motivated, and the possibility of being published on a website is pretty good motivation.

Guest evenflowDDT

Hey, I'm lazy and I write for the site (*cough* more than Kinetic *cough*). Anyway, Kinetic, if you're ever in need of someone to "not get it" and write a laughable review of pop music or something... oh shoot, Captain Planet is on! I mean... I wrote my school newspaper's music column all last year, and I always wrote readable, pretty coherent reviews. So... since I already write for the site, do you need me to PM you a review? Like we discerned in the "What Have You Bought in 2002" thread, I don't really have (m)any new releases to write about.

Guest Incandenza
Like we discerned in the "What Have You Bought in 2002" thread, I don't really have (m)any new releases to write about.

From what I gathered, evenflow, when Kinetic said "new record review," I think he meant that the review itself was new, not the records. I don't think there are many of us who would be in a position to only write about new releases on a fairly regular basis. After all, the only reason rock critics do it so often is they get their shit for free.

Guest LooseCannon

It's something I'd consider, but really can't do, because I've never felt comfortable writing music reviews (as opposed to book and movie reviews) and law school's starting up again fairly soon and I just won't have time.

Guest Addy

I would, but I only like writing reviews on music I like. I would only want to review, GWAR, The Bloodhound Gang, RATM, and a handle of others.

Guest CoreyLazarus416

Same situation here as Addy. But hey, I'll PM you a review of Stuck Mojo's Violate this, or Declaration Of A Headhunter. Whichever one I grab first (from my collection).

Guest goodhelmet

hey kinetic! it might be possible to even get a crossface going concerning music as well! Everyone has opinions on music and it might make for an interesting read.