TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Very early Week 8 preview

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Just to get it out of the way...Malice takes on Don Harris in a first blood match.

The match was given a set up on week 7's show...but nothing anyone can do can make me care about a Harris match.

Then it gets fantastic.

Ken Shamrock defends his NWA title against K-Krush.

I would do a title change. Krush is the best non X guy in the company at this point.

I don't think they will do a change as I'm sure they want to get to a JJ vs. Shamrock match sooner rather than later.

But Krush is a star. So either way...I will be entertained.

The the big one.

AJ Styles defends his X title against Jerry Lynn and Lo Ki.

This could go a few ways.

I think AJ loses the strap though...

I'd like to see Lo Ki win when Styles takes out Lynn, and Ki kicks AJ out of the ring to get the pin.

Having Ki as champion while Lynn and Styles battle each other trying to get to the belt AND being tag champions would be a nice twist IMO.

They could also do Lynn pinning Ki to win the title from AJ which would lead to another good twist on the feud.

Or they could let AJ retain...it could really go anyway.

But it should rock.

Guest Tony149

I wouldn't be shocked if they have The Truth win the NWA Title.

There still other ways to get J.J./Shamrock with or without the title on the line.

Right now, The Truth is really the next big thing, IMO.

The other matches, besides Harris/Malice, should be awesome.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

I still can't beleive how much I like K-Krush.

It just doesn't seem possible.

But there it is.

The WWE blew it BIG TIME with him.

He has a natural charisma, mic skills and talent of a flat out main event superstar.

I wonder how many people are being squandered right now in the WWE that don't have the opportunity to show what they can do.

Guest RedJed

I don't think they will give Krush the title quite yet. It would make sense for him to be somewhat defeated by a screwjob (referee miscue perhaps?)so that he could keep up the gimmick of being held down by "them." I could see something like the ref counts three on Kwick, but he actually had his shoulder up or something. I think this feud with him and Brown has serious potential and could elevate both guys in the long run. When both get more over with the fans, I would then give the title to Kwick midway though the feud in a rematch. Or else you wait until the inevitable face turn for Kwick and he beats Jarrett in a money feud waaaay down the road for the title. BTW, the Jarretts better sign up Kwick to a long term contract and NOW, since I could see Vince trying to pick him up again down the road if they don't.

Likewise, Shamrock-Jarrett is a major feud that should get people talking. At this point this should be placed on top of the card as the main feud of the company, and for the title. I don't see Jarrett as champ soon though, as a key for the world title is to make the title reigns count. Until it's clear Shamrock isn't cutting it as champ, they can't rush it. I do see Jeff taking the title before anyone else though.

Low Ki as X champ works for me. That match is going to kick all kinds of ass next week. Lynn-Styles is another feud that is going to be hot as well in long term here, I think. The next time they have to tag up should be interesting to say the least.

Still baffled why Harris/Malice is supposed to be a big deal though....that match SHOULDNT have been hyped for next week, as thats one of those that is better just throwing it in there on the fly if you ask me. Might even turn a few people off from ordering the show next week.

Guest FakeRazor

Sounds like it should be a rather smashing PPV. I think I'll order it. WOOO! My third TNA show!

I'm really liking K-Krush too, he's stepped it up a lot.

Guest Zack Malibu

I see Jarrett trying to cost Shamrock the belt, and winds up costing Truth the match. Truth could then do a promo about how he's being held down while Jarrett flourishes in "daddy's company".

Wouldn't make sense unless they turned his whole "race" gimmick into a shades of grey character, feeling that both faces and heels alike are giving him a raw deal.

Guest FeArHaVoC

I'm with you dps21. I can't believe I actually like K-Krush. I hated that guy.

Shamrock has been a disappointment. Time to dump him.

Guest The Notorious CRD

Hopefully next week will see some improvement over this week's show. So far they've been really good about listening to feedback from the viewers. There's definitely some potential in the Styles vs. Low Ki vs. Lynn and The Truth vs. Shamrock matches and I'd like to see them carry on with the Steamboat/Jarrett interaction. I'm sure Steamboat will be looking to make amends with Hall after costing him the match last night. Harris vs. Malice I couldn't care less about, but if Malice goes over (and he should in this case) I'll let it slide.

Guest Zack Malibu

I just hope that Russo isn't sitting there in the back, thinking "Hey, Steamboat, you've never been a heel before, so I'M gonna turn you heel! A heel "Dragon" is money, baby!"

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Dude...

I've been thinking the EXACT same thing.

I doubt Steamboat would do it though.

Guest Zack Malibu

Well, we are talking about the guy who made Jim Duggan a Canadian...

I too, though, think Steamboat would refuse. His entire career was based on his high moral standing and "family man" persona. Why waste it in another "evil commisioner" angle? And if they're intent on doing an evil figurehead, couldn't they just use Harley Race or someone, then have Steamboat try to counteract their decisions?

I don't like the stale power trips angles as it is, but I'll hate it even more if they tarnish the image of Steamboat.

And while I'm a huge fan of The Truth since his K-Kwik days (probably the only time I liked Road Dogg since 1997-early 98 as well, lol), I don't think they should rush putting the title on him. He's getting great heat, make him seem more important by using the whole "never been a black champion" gimmick during his title chase. Why not even have him and Monty Brown say that they've got a similar goal in being first NWA black Heavyweight Champion, and they could feud for a few more weeks leading into Truth winning the belt from Shamrock.

But hey, if he wins it this week, I'm not complaining... :D

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

I agree with every word you said about the Truth...

...but I still want him to take the title on Wednesday...very badly.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Ok so now it looks like this:

NWA CHAMPIONSHIP

Ken Shamrock vs. Ron "The Truth" Killings

NWA TNA X CHAMPIONSHIP

AJ Styles vs. Jerry Lynn vs. Lo Ki

Jeff Jarrett vs. Apolo

The Flying Elvises vs. The SAT (Joel & Jose Maximo & The Amazing Red)

FIRST BLOOD

Malice vs. Don Harris

Jive Talking with Disco Inferno and the Dupps

and RICKY THE F'N DRAGON STEAMBOAT

Guest J*ingus

Sweet jesus, Zack, why did you just HAVE to voice that idea?! Now I'm gonna be living in fear for the Dragon's legacy each and every Wednesday night!

Guest the 1inch punch
FIRST BLOOD

Malice vs. Don Harris

WHAT THE FUCK ARE THEY THINKING