TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Michael Joel Benoit

Bootleg Remixes

Guest Michael Joel Benoit

Has anyone here heard of the genre known as bootleg remixing? That is when you take the lyrics from one song, and stick it with the music from another. It is pretty cool and you can come out with some pretty interesting songs. Does anyone do it and if so how the fuck do you do it? I tried bootleg remixing this morning and I ended up very confused. So does ANYONE know how to do the remixing easily?

Guest undisputedjericho

My favorite one I've heard was Eminem's (Back when he was still cool) "My Name Is" to AC/DC's "Back In Black" on K-Rock about three years ago, but it beats me how they do it.

Guest evenflowDDT

Most of 'em bite the big one... it's not really that interesting, but most of them occur in live DJ sets, for the main reason that DJs have access to instrumentals and a capellas. It's as simple as slapping down the instrumental on one record and the a capella from another.

There was one I actually liked though, where someone blended "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction" with Fatboy Slim's "The Rockafeller Skank". I know, it sounds like blasphemy, but it was actually pretty listenable. There's a white label record of it (it's called "Satisfaction Skank", although there are MP3s of it with much lamer titles like "Rockerfaction"), but it's really rare for the fact that it's a white label record of a "bootleg" remix, so... just look for it on KaZaA.

Guest crandamaniac
have you used Cakewalk or Mixman or Sound Forge?

Can You Download these from any place, or do you have to buy them?