TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ace309

Help Me With A Stip Match

Guest Ace309

I'm trying to develop a specialty match for my character that's somewhat interesting (ie, not straight submission) and that can be put on a normal card (ie, not 30-minute Ultimate Submission, though that's super for PPV purposes).

I toyed around with NWA-style "Greco-Roman Rules" stuff, with a one-count pin and no legs allowed, but that's not only boring for everyone else but incredibly cheesy.

Keeping in mind that my character is a submission-and-suplex-loving mat guy, any suggestions on tweaking a stipulation to make a signature gimmick match?

Guest 5_moves_of_doom

Whoever can say "I'm the Superior One" with 20 marshmellows in their mouth 5 times first, is the winner.

Guest SupaTaft

I had an idea. What about a "Superiority Match" in which the person has to prove that they are superior to the other person by making them tap out three times? It would work and it fits your character.

I like it.

-Taft

Guest TheSatanicAngel

That's a good idea ... Taft.

And in order to make it more reasonable, have the three submissions be on three different parts of the body. Can't have someone locking on a sharpshooter and make the guy tap out three times in a row, now can we?!

Guest SupaTaft

Wow, I thought it was a good idea and apparently everyone else felt the same.

I don't honestly know a lot about your gimmick Flesher but just by the name I thought that the match would work. What better way to show up your opponent by proving that you are superior to him in every way.

Or even this, you could have to pin him once, make him submit once, and make him unable to get up before the count of ten. That way, you would prove that you are superior in every way wrestling wise. I think that is a little bit better than just submitting three times. It would work for your character, and because of the complexity of the match, it would be hard for many people to stand toe-to-toe with you in your speciallty match.

-Taft

Guest Kibagami

How about a "Superiority Rules" match, where the first person to secure three victories is the winner: one pinfall, one submission, and one disqualification or countout. And you can't use a closed fist in the match.

S.