TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Still Fly

Can I use Internet Explorer?

Guest Still Fly

I try using Internet Explorer because I like saving pictures and AOL saves them as very un helpful files when making graphics and such... But in never works... is there any way to upgrade my Internet Explorer or something, or am I doomed to this AOL hell? :(

PS: Thanks Dr Tom for the Windows Xp help. It works nicely, now.

Guest MarvinisaLunatic

this is the most easy help I can offer.

Stop using AOL.

Guest Still Fly

Well, theres a simple solution. If I could afford anything different. But thanks anyway...

Guest MrRant

You should be able to just open IE when you have AOL open. Other than that Juno.com and Netzero charge like only 9.99.

Guest mesepher

when we had AOL for a short time, IE 5.0 worked fine for me... what version of IE are you running?

Guest Nevermortal

Do you have some sort of lock? My friend's parents once used AOL to lock out him opening any other non-AOL programs whilst AOL was running.

Guest Razor Roman

The problem you're having is because AOL compresses graphics before you download them... the trade of is you m ay get a faster download time... but lower image quality.

You have 2 options

1. Sign on to AOL, then minimize AOL, launch internet explorer and use that to surf.

2. Sign on to AOL, go to SETTINGS and then Wold Wide Web settings. You'll get an Internet Properties dialog box... select the tab up top for WWW Graphics (or something like that) and tell it not to compress graphics. Then you can use the AOL browser (which is an AOL-version of IE) and it will save your pictures from the web as JPG's instead of ARTs

Guest JMTapes

Or, if you like doing it the hard way:

1)Save them as ARTs

2)copy & paste it into Paint

3)save it as a BMP

4)find a BMP to JPG converter