TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest evenflowDDT

The One and Only Smackdown! August 08, 2002 Thread

Guest Shaved Bear
SD! doesn't air for a few more hours where I'm at, but Angle's getting some face heat? It's probably 'cuz the audience recognizes that he's the Only Consistently Entertaining Man on that show.

benoit anyone?

Guest Spaceman Spiff

So, let's get this straight:

Kurt Angle & Jericho put Cena over. Meanwhile, I can't even remember the last time Rikishi lost a match.

O.....K......

Guest LaParkaMarka

Ya know, in Canada we're about 3/4 through. And this Smackdown hasn't been nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be. Maybe it's because I thought it was going to be insanely horrible, I dunno. And I mark for Noble/Nidia. God, they crack me up every single time.

Who else thinks Cena's music is absolute garbage? Compare Cena's entrance to Mysterio's. Mysterio has a cool entrance, pyro, non-generic music, etc. Cena has some lame garbage music, no pyro, nothing. He's just there. So blah.

Step 1 to getting Cena over: Give him some normal music. And possibly a little more character than "The Rookie with RUTHLESS AGGRESSION!" (which is just the crappiest gimmick ever. Outside of like Naked Mideon)

Guest Spaceman Spiff

Hey, Hulk, it's "If I WERE you..."

It's all about the subjunctive case...

Guest Shaved Bear

Rey's enterance is just so cool, i jumped somewhat when i saw him pop out of the floor

Guest LaParkaMarka

Agreed. Ron is just so cool. I'm such a mark for him right now too.

Guest Nevermortal

Hurricane/Moore vs. B&C feud has been so great. Who the hell knew these two teams meshed so well?

Guest Spaceman Spiff

Fun match. I was hoping to see the fireman's carry/neckbreaker combo from Helms/Moore ("Nightmare on Helms Street"???)

Guest Nevermortal

Now that the Un-Americans are off Smackdown, is Edge Canadian again?

Man, Rey's pretty short.

Guest Incandenza

I'm definitely taping SD! now, because, having not caught any of Shannon Moore's Velocity appearences, I haven't seen him since he was in WCW.

Guest Nevermortal
Fun match. I was hoping to see the fireman's carry/neckbreaker combo from Helms/Moore ("Nightmare on Helms Street"???)

Actually, its called "The Countdown".

Guest Nevermortal

Steph - Brock vs. Rock

[Really Loud Cheers]

Steph - Or Hogan vs. Rock

[slightly quieter cheers.]

Guest TheHulkster

The Velocity match was better, but this match was still pretty good. The music to Kane's video is pretty good. Too bad I can't get it because i'm not Canadian. :(

Guest Spaceman Spiff

That's right. "Nightmare" was the move Big Show stole & called "The Final Cut"

Guest Angle-plex

Steph: "The SummerSlam main event could be Rock vs Brock....."

[Really Loud Piped in Cheers]

Guest Spaceman Spiff

You'll miss Knoble/Kidman (although their respective chicks will be involved, as well)

Guest Spaceman Spiff

Man, it's just *so* much fun watching Angle, Benoit, & Eddie work...

(not sarcastic)

Guest The Superstar

I know. Angle, Benoit, Guerrero, RVD, Booker, Jericho and the Unamericans are the only reasons I haven't totally deserted the WWE for TNA.

Guest Ram

That was a *really* good match. All of em' were over in this match, and the ending was really cool. A good way to set up for a PPV match. I'm talking Eddy/Benoit/Angle v. Edge/Rey/Cena, of course.

I missed Helms' match. Dammit.

Guest Spaceman Spiff

I'd add the Noble, Helms, Kidman, Moore, Rey, Kanyon, Chuck & Billy, Hugh Morrus, Chavo to the list, too.

Guest Slapnuts00

Finally Nidia is wrestling, I mean on Tough Enough she was trained to wrestle right? Not dress in short shorts and give sloppy kisses...

EDIT: Torrie just came out and she is GORGEOUS. Just saying

Guest Edwin MacPhisto

6-man tag was EXCELLENT. Now, if only they'd cut the 10 minutes or so they gave to all that D-Von/Batista/Rikish/Henry crap and let these guys have that time...this match was just getting started, and there's no reason those 6 in particular shouldn't be able to work 20 minutes easy.

Oh, and Rey is looking REALLY good. He didn't have any of the sloppiness he showed in his debut, and his moves were totally crisp. Funny though--I finished watching Rey/Eddy from Halloween Havoc 97 just before the 6-man came on...it was pretty damn surreal seeing them go at it again right after, 5 years later. Good news, though: Eddy hasn't lost a frickin' step.