TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest evenflowDDT

The One and Only Smackdown! August 08, 2002 Thread

Guest evenflowDDT

Sorry, I'm a few hours late this week (actually posting physically on Thursday ;)), but I was DEAD tired last night and went to bed at 10:45pm (!). Anyhoo, here's WWE's official preview:

What a main event! Hollywood Hulk Hogan will take on Brock Lesnar on a can't-miss episode of SmackDown! this Thursday night on UPN! Catch it beginning at 8 p.m./7 CT.

Hogan, a six-time WWE Champion, squares off against Lesnar, who will have the opportunity to become the new WWE Undisputed Champion in less than three weeks at SummerSlam! What will happen when the "Immortal One" takes on "The Next Big Thing"?

That's not the only action that SmackDown! General Manager Stephanie McMahon has scheduled for your viewing pleasure this Thursday night. Olympic gold medalist Kurt Angle will look to stave off the challenge of John Cena. The rookie Cena upset Chris Jericho at Vengeance. Will he be able to pull off another victory over a former WWE Champion?

Shannon Moore has been making quite an impression the last few weeks on Velocity. This Thursday night, the youngster makes his SmackDown! debut, teaming up with The Hurricane to battle former WWE Tag Team Champions Billy & Chuck! Plus, Reverend D-Von faces off with the World's Strongest Man, Mark Henry!

You never know what will happen on SmackDown! Don't miss it this Thursday night at 8 p.m./7 CT on UPN!

Guest NazMistry

SmackDown is gonna blow.

I know that even though I haven't read the spoilers.

It just makes sense for SmackDown to suck.

No Rock, More Brock. :(

Guest the pinjockey

"You never know what will happen on SmackDown!"

Isn't that false advertising.

Let's see

Brock/Hogan

Angle/Cena

Hurricane&Moore/B&C

D'Von/Henry

And the other match that gets added

Ugh

::pops in X division title match from last night::

Guest evenflowDDT
What a main event! Hollywood Hulk Hogan will take on Brock Lesnar on a can't-miss episode of SmackDown! this Thursday night on UPN! Catch it beginning at 8 p.m./7 CT.

Hogan, a six-time WWE Champion, squares off against Lesnar, who will have the opportunity to become the new WWE Undisputed Champion in less than three weeks at SummerSlam! What will happen when the "Immortal One" takes on "The Next Big Thing"?

Ahh yes, the main event to end all main events. OK, not really, but it's pretty obvious that with only a little while to go until SummerSlam, if they don't make Brock Lesnar look like a credible thread (i.e. NOT lose to an old man who can barely work without HEAVY interference), they're pretty much screwed, especially since Hogan never beat The Rock (what? Hogan not getting a job back? Shudder at the thought!).

That's not the only action that SmackDown! General Manager Stephanie McMahon has scheduled for your viewing pleasure this Thursday night. Olympic gold medalist Kurt Angle will look to stave off the challenge of John Cena. The rookie Cena upset Chris Jericho at Vengeance. Will he be able to pull off another victory over a former WWE Champion?

Please don't make Cena go over, please don't make Cena go over... no offense Cena fans, but he absolutely KILLED Chris Jericho in their last "feud", and I still have yet to see what's so great about the guy. I hope this isn't what Angle's doing at SummerSlam (he's got no other program as of yet that I'm aware of)...

Shannon Moore has been making quite an impression the last few weeks on Velocity. This Thursday night, the youngster makes his SmackDown! debut, teaming up with The Hurricane to battle former WWE Tag Team Champions Billy & Chuck! Plus, Reverend D-Von faces off with the World's Strongest Man, Mark Henry!

All right, Shannon Moore in prime time! A Velocity feud gets time on "the real show"... now what do I have to look forward to for my main event? :o This is great news, I hope my boys 1-2-Kickout! can pull out a victory, or at least that Dr. Tom likes them as much as I do, because if not, oh my brother, there'll be HELL to pay! ;)

Speaking of Hell, my brother, Reverend D'Von has praised the Lord and praised Him well, for he is NOT involved in an extended program with that fiend of fiends Rikishi, ass demon from the 4th layer of Hell! Not that they'd let the good Reverend on PPV in his current form anyway (not now that he's *gasp* a mid-carder!). I can't really tell if Mark Henry is a step up or down though...

You never know what will happen on SmackDown! Don't miss it this Thursday night at 8 p.m./7 CT on UPN!

Yea, like where are Rey Rey, Edge, Eddie Guerrero & Chris Benoit, The Disappearing Reappearing People's Champ, Jamie Knoble, & Billy Kidman? (OK, the last two are on my show, but where are the rest? Will Rey Rey grace my show with his presence this week?)

Remember, keep it non-spoiler 'til 8pm EST, 5pm PST

Guest Insane Bump Machine
What a main event! Hollywood Hulk Hogan will take on Brock Lesnar on a can't-miss episode of SmackDown!

Sarcasm at its finest. You can always count on the WWE in that department.

Guest evenflowDDT
No Rock, More Brock. :(

Yea, where is Rock anyway? Is it possible the writing realized how stale his character is and put him in for some re-development, and that's why there was no promo on Smackdown last week, no appearance on RAW, and... well, I don't read the spoilers, so I don't know if he's gonna be on Smackdown tonight or not.

Guest the pinjockey
What a main event! Hollywood Hulk Hogan will take on Brock Lesnar on a can't-miss episode of SmackDown!

What do you mean? According to Vince this is going to be a homerun episode of SD.

Guest evenflowDDT

You mean you *DON'T* want to see if Hogan takes ANOTHER F-5? :o

Hahaha... what's a "homerun episode of SD" supposed to mean?

Guest Spaceman Spiff

I'm looking forward to C&B vs. 3 Count. They've had a couple good Velocity matches, and C&B finally have a double-team finisher. Now why couldn't C&B be booked like this when they were the champs?

I *have* read the spoilers, so I expect plenty of bitching as a result of this show.

If Angle runs in and takes out Brock to set up a three way dance for SS instead of Rock vs Brock....maybe. But that would never happen so no.

Guest evenflowDDT
I'm looking forward to C&B vs. 3 Count. They've had a couple good Velocity matches, and C&B finally have a double-team finisher. Now why couldn't C&B be booked like this when they were the champs?

Definitely, this is my #1 most expected match... they have had some good Velocity exchanges, and will a "real show" appearance make three in a row? I hope so!

Guest evenflowDDT

If Angle runs in and takes out Brock to set up a three way dance for SS instead of Rock vs Brock....maybe. But that would never happen so no.

Yea, but remember, the only reason they added Angle to the Three-Way at Vengeance was to take the job... <_<

Yea, but remember, the only reason they added Angle to the Three-Way at Vengeance was to take the job...

I wouldn't mind the job if it triggers a Brock/Angle feud when Brock turns face down the line.

Angle gloating that he would have pinned Brock in a straight one on one match without a stupid entertainer like the Rock distracting him because he's an olympic gold medalist and Brock's just an NCAA champion = me happy

Guest evenflowDDT
Yea, but remember, the only reason they added Angle to the Three-Way at Vengeance was to take the job...

I wouldn't mind the job if it triggers a Brock/Angle feud when Brock turns face down the line.

Angle gloating that he would have pinned Brock in a straight one on one match without a stupid entertainer like the Rock distracting him because he's an olympic gold medalist and Brock's just an NCAA champion = me happy

Yea, that's true, but I think they're saving the Brock/Angle feud for later on in the year. Although it can't be too long because isn't Angle still leaving at the end of the year to train for the Olympics?

Guest Hogan Made Wrestling

"they're pretty much screwed, especially since Hogan never beat The Rock (what? Hogan not getting a job back? Shudder at the thought!)."

Hogan pinned the Rock clean with the legdrop during the WM buildup when they did Rock and Austin vs. the nWo.

Guest evenflowDDT
"they're pretty much screwed, especially since Hogan never beat The Rock (what? Hogan not getting a job back? Shudder at the thought!)."

Hogan pinned the Rock clean with the legdrop during the WM buildup when they did Rock and Austin vs. the nWo.

Oh, thanks, I forgot about that... although it was a handicap match, you're right. Never mind! Eh heh... :blink:

Guest Downhome
"You never know what will happen on SmackDown!"

Isn't that false advertising.

Let's see

Brock/Hogan

Angle/Cena

Hurricane&Moore/B&C

D'Von/Henry

And the other match that gets added

Ugh

::pops in X division title match from last night::

What is wrong with that lineup? I'm interested in seeing Brock/Hogan, as it is the next text in getting Brock truly over. We all know that Brock will pin Hogan tonight (no, that isn't me "spoiling" anything, just my thoughts) so we should be ready for that. Brock has already pinned Ric Flair, clean, in the middle of the ring, and I expect Hogan/Brock to be no different really (only exception is perhaps a small bit of interference).

Kurt Angle never has a bad match, and John Cena is an up and comer who is currently only getting better. No, it wont be one for the ages, but I expect these two to work great with one another.

As for Hurricane & Moore Vs. Billy & Chuck, I don't know about YOU guys, but I've been SO into their series of matches on Velocity up to this point. These two teams, amazingly, seem to work damn fine with one another in my view.

Ok, D'Von/Henry is something I care nothing to see, so I'll give you that one. The only good that can come out of it, and we'll see it, is Bautista laying the hurt on the big guy Henry. Damn, I hope they break Bautista away from D'Von soon, seriously, I despise their gimmick.

As for the other match, I know what it is, but I don't know WHY it's happeneing. Still, I'm all for it and I can't wait to see that match. I mean, with all of THAT talent involved, good things can only come from it (regarding in ring work).

So there, that is why I'm looking forward to SD. It doesn't have a sh*t fest angle like HHH/HBK to hold the show down, it's just a basic, talented, bunch of matches doing their part to build for the PPV.

Guest Trivia247

Its interesting how the WWE is throwing "Legends" at Brock only to get jobbed they are pushing the Heatless Machine to Destroy Past greats only to take on the present one. Sooner or later this Kid will have to job. This fricken 5 year old Roided up looking guy isn't gonna learn anything if people just give him Matches and wins. He'll turn out to be Goldberg and sit on his couch eaching Cheetos and do interviews Bashing the WWE after he's released.

Guest MarvinisaLunatic

I watched it early like I normally do, and I officially will state that this was the absolute worst show I have ever seen. Take the advice and don't watch it, don't tape it..

Guest TheDames7
SD! is preempted in Ny today :(

Word.

I wanted to see Hogan get killed.

Dames

Guest Storm Tracker

Does the WWE really think that having Brock beat up a bunch of old geezers is going to put him over with the fans? It's not working with me. I'm afraid that this guy has Suckberg written all over him. Hogan/Lesnar matches do not interest me and I'm sure as hell not going to spend good beer money on a Rock/Brock match.

Guest LaParkaMarka

This is great, Kurt is getting a face reaction from the crowd half the time. I wonder if the cheers for Cena are all canned heat?

Guest Incandenza

SD! doesn't air for a few more hours where I'm at, but Angle's getting some face heat? It's probably 'cuz the audience recognizes that he's the Only Consistently Entertaining Man on that show.