TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest DiabloIIFreak1010

Metal Coooooooooments!

Guest DiabloIIFreak1010

If there's a thread of this, please forigve me. But I can't see it. An all-around good show. Ooooh. Spike pinned Mak. What's gunna go down next show? Oooh. Skerry.

Guest SupaTaft

All around good show. Except for those that didn't show.

Strangler, the inventive genius that he is, offers the newcomers a taste of G0R0... OMGDZ!@#$%^&*() Though more baby eating would have put G0R0 over more.

In my promo, I wrote it, then sent it to CIA who revised CIA's lines. I thought it came out nicely. (For anyone that cares, Mead, the traditional drink of the Vikings, is made with fermented honey)

My match. Great stuff, check it out and give feedback.

MVS... Ironman... no-show... not getting you any farther in the company. *glares at MVS*

Kamikaze with what I consider to be one hell of an upset. I like the guys gimmick and his style so... I hope to see you pull off another "upset" in the rematch.

There might have been more matches thrown in there but if so they sucked.

SIX MAN TAG!!! That worked pretty nicely Mak. You always write my character awesomely so thats always a plus and I thought that the end everything came together nicely. (Y).

Yep.

-Taft

Guest HollywoodSpikeJenkins

Expect not-so-long-but-hey-its-me-being-serious-comments later from me.

I really urge Thor to read as It will be aiming mostly at him (I can feel Edwin waitingto hit the EDIT button) But dont worry, Constructive Criticism = Helps.

Oh fuck it, IM not going to sleep anytime soon. God damn The Lord of the Rings DVD (so addictive. Must watch it over and over and over again) So like uhhh, yeah. Comments...and stuff....

- sWo promo

The sWo is the top stable in the JL. What can I say? They come out, talk about there opponents in the six man (Hey, THATS ME!) and MVS talks about......something. Does anyone care what he talks about anymore? :P

- Dark Scorpion vs. John Cougar

Did I mention I rule yet? How odd....I Rule by the way.

- C.I.A. and Thor promo

(Y) at using Simpson phrases. (N) at me not being there. Or whatever you *cool* people out there talk about, (Y) and (N), why cant you people just say good or suck? Weirdo's...

- Thor vs. Hollywood - Euro title

OK, now here is where the good stuff comes in. If anyone cares (which I doubt) I sent in late. So, that was probably a factor in Thor winning. But I did read over Thor's match, and even though it was good, Thor, I'm sorry, but the way you write your character, your never going to get better. Hmmm, now that I think about what I just said, its probably gonna come out wrong, so let me just state whats going on. Remember people, CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM.

1) Its KottOnMouth, not Kottenmouth, unlike that has anything to do with anything...

2) Your commentary. OK, its fine and all, but you got to stop with them using the "wrestling terms" while announcing. Edwin talking about how good you bump, or King saying how you no sell. You don't see JR talking about how Taker no sells or how Spike Dudley bumps, now do ya? Besides that, everything else is fine.

3) Believability Lets look at Thor's stats, from the stats page.

Wrestler's Name: Thor

Nickname(s): God of Thunder, Thunder God

Height: 7'

Weight: 345 lbs

Thor is 7 foot, 345 pounds. Basically, what I am saying, is he cant run around the ring like a cruiserweight can. In your match, you had him running around with Spike, as if he was IL or Myers. Or maybe you didn't, I cant remember. NEED SLEEP. Anyway, also. The Rolling Thunder. We went over this in chat once. It is PHYSICALLY IMPOSSIBLE for a 7 foot, 345 pound man to do a rolling thunder. Once again, I have to compare your character to Big Show. Do you see Big Show running around doing little rolling thunders? No...in fact, I don't see him doing much at all....but that's besides the point. When you have a character that big, you cant use moves that someone who is a foot and a half smaller then him uses. And also, I didn't want to talk about this, because its your finisher. But the top rope elbow drop. I don't have *too* much problems with it, but if Thor stood on the top rope, wouldn't the ropes break? I don't know, just me thinking.

4) You being the "top" face in the company. All right, once again, I go back to the stats.

Stats:

Strength: 8 (a beast)

Speed: 3 (gets around only when necessary)

Vitality: 4 (can take a good beating)

Charisma: 5 (the fans react well to Thor's actions)

Okey dokey. This is the reason why "Charisma" was on the join form thingy. Thor, the only way the crowd could pop big the way you have them do in your matches, is if your charisma was at 8 or above. Unless your a main eventer, which could be 7 (AKA CIA). The crowd could pop for when you hit your signature moves and finishers and stuff, but they cant "pop like when RVD won the undisputed title" when you are just lying around the ring.

5) Your selling. OK, I understand Thor no sells. I watch Taker, I know. But hey. Come on. You had me hit you with my *biggest* signature move, and you just no sold it. Then you had me hit you with *BOTH* of my finishers, and you kicked out of both of them. Sloppy or not, you should not kick out of both of someone's finishers, unless its a big match. If you don't understand what I am talking about, read the main event. Mak, Fugue, and Myers had you selling like a little bitc....err, they had you sell some moves.

OK, that's it. People, DO NOT CONFUSE THIS WITH FLAMING. Because a lot of you do (*cough Edwin cough*)

- Hey look, Thugg watches Smackdown.....did he say Nidia is a whore? Grrr.... :angry:

- Kamikaze vs. Manson

I didn't get around to reading the whole match, but what I read was good. Kami is on his way to be a top midcarder here in the JL (Yep, me and Kami will be hanging out for a long time.) I'll get around to reading it later, and I might as well as put some extra stuff in here. Keep up the good job.

- 6 Man Tag Main Event: sWo (Mak/Fugue/Myers) vs. Me/Me/Me/Me/Me/Me/Me/oh yeah, the other two. The Canadian guy and the other guy, what's his name? Oh yeah, and Me.

(Y) At me pinning Mak. Match of the night, as Mak, Fugue, and Myers did a great job with it. (Y) at me pinning the world champ. Did I mention (Y) at me for pinning a GRANDSLAM CHAMPION? Oh, didn't think so....

*looks at card*

(N) At pinning the world champion, and then not getting a match...

From the mouth and mind of Hollywood....

Guest HVilleThugg

Hey Spike...

I gotta say something about your comments on Thor's match...

Yeah, I agree that it's tough to see a big man like Thor do a Rolling Thunder...but he only busts it out in rare big matches....so it's more believable. Call it adrenalin...excitement...whatever....it works better, for me at least, as a rare move.

You mentioned something about Thor shouldn't be getting pops like he does because his charisma is low. That's where you're wrong man...the charisma stat doesn't dictate how over you are. It dictates how well you are on a mic, and how much you use you charisma to get over with the fans. For instance, HVT was WAY over with the fans, but had a charisma of like 1. You can have little charisma and be over. Jeff Hardy has NO charisma and he's over. So, Thor doesn't have a ton of charisma...so what...that just means he's not as likely to come out and bust out a tight ass promo, like say, Edwin MacPhisto. But that doesn't mean he's not over and wouldnt' be cheered.

Da "meh...tired of typing this" H

Guest SupaTaft

Constructive criticism is good. You did a good job of not flaming. Now here we go refuting almost every one of your "points"

1) Its KottOnMouth, not Kottenmouth, unlike that has anything to do with anything...

Valid point. Change it in your stats and I'll write it in a match.

2) Your commentary. OK, its fine and all, but you got to stop with them using the "wrestling terms" while announcing. Edwin talking about how good you bump, or King saying how you no sell. You don't see JR talking about how Taker no sells or how Spike Dudley bumps, now do ya? Besides that, everything else is fine.

It is called the Smarks wrestling federation. I always imagined that the idea behind the company is that it is not so strict and binding to kayfabe so the announcers would use words like "Mark out" "No-sell" and such and such. It is my interpretation and thats what this fed is built on, interpretation.

3) Believability Lets look at Thor's stats, from the stats page.

Wrestler's Name: Thor

Nickname(s): God of Thunder, Thunder God

Height: 7'

Weight: 345 lbs

Thor is 7 foot, 345 pounds. Basically, what I am saying, is he cant run around the ring like a cruiserweight can. In your match, you had him running around with Spike, as if he was IL or Myers. Or maybe you didn't, I cant remember. NEED SLEEP. Anyway, also. The Rolling Thunder. We went over this in chat once. It is PHYSICALLY IMPOSSIBLE for a 7 foot, 345 pound man to do a rolling thunder. Once again, I have to compare your character to Big Show. Do you see Big Show running around doing little rolling thunders? No...in fact, I don't see him doing much at all....but that's besides the point. When you have a character that big, you cant use moves that someone who is a foot and a half smaller then him uses. And also, I didn't want to talk about this, because its your finisher. But the top rope elbow drop. I don't have *too* much problems with it, but if Thor stood on the top rope, wouldn't the ropes break? I don't know, just me thinking.

Ok, I know most people don't believe that Thor can do a Rolling Thunder, which I can understand. Thats why I limited it to rare moves, and hell I might even make it rarer than that, right up there with the "Warrior's Madness". But the way I see it is, Thor is so physically fit that he can move pretty much any way he wants. The Big Show is 7 feet and is billed as weighing 500 lbs. In reality he is more like 425. But the Big Show has a gut on him, he's very thick, and Thor is extremely well built. Think Lesner but the Big Show's height. Plus he's got his addreneline flowing and he's really excited, he's gonna try something extreme.

I will however limit the Rolling Thunder to only when Thor is under the "Warrior's Madness" in which all of his attributes go up. Kepp in mind this will probably happen 3 maybe 4 times in my carreer. Thor's speed is more like Kane's rather than the Big Show. Kane is 326 lbs so I dont think that an extra 20 lbs is gonna make the ropes break. I've seen the Big Show go up to the top rope too and the ropes were fine.

4) You being the "top" face in the company. All right, once again, I go back to the stats.

Stats:

Okey dokey. This is the reason why "Charisma" was on the join form thingy. Thor, the only way the crowd could pop big the way you have them do in your matches, is if your charisma was at 8 or above. Unless your a main eventer, which could be 7 (AKA CIA). The crowd could pop for when you hit your signature moves and finishers and stuff, but they cant "pop like when RVD won the undisputed title" when you are just lying around the ring.

The stats are not binding. They are the most accurate representation of your character's attributes that will fit in the allotted points system. I never intended in my stats for Thor to be a top face (I planned that otherwise). If Thor was intended for the sole reason of being top face his charisma would be 10. But Thor's main attribute is his strength, a point that I felt is most immportant to get across. I fit everything else around the strength so it kinda fit accordingly. If I had upped the stats to all of the attributes that I'd liked he would have had 10 strength, 3 speed, 7 vitality, and 7 charisma. Unfortunetly 10+3+7+7= 27, not the 20 that I was allowed. I made due with what I had. Thor is a top face, not by the limits of my stats, but by how the fans like him.

5) Your selling. OK, I understand Thor no sells. I watch Taker, I know. But hey. Come on. You had me hit you with my *biggest* signature move, and you just no sold it. Then you had me hit you with *BOTH* of my finishers, and you kicked out of both of them. Sloppy or not, you should not kick out of both of someone's finishers, unless its a big match. If you don't understand what I am talking about, read the main event. Mak, Fugue, and Myers had you selling like a little bitc....err, they had you sell some moves.

Big men no-sell. Its a fact of life. Yeah, I no-sold your finishers cause Thor no-sells, thats part of his gimmick. He's your classic big man. I like to think that Thor sells a little more than your average big man but there are limits to everything. Thor will most likely no-sell your finisher, why? Because most people finishers involve lifting up your opponent. Not saying that everyone in the fed couldn't in reality lift Thor, but for the sake of the character you do not lift Thor. I had Thor take the Highlighter but because Jenkins "couldn't" lift Thor, it wasn't so effective so he kicked out.

OK, that's it. People, DO NOT CONFUSE THIS WITH FLAMING. Because a lot of you do (*cough Edwin cough*)

Yep, almost every point you made was wrong. Kneel before the God of Thunder!

-Taft

Guest Chuck Woolery
I go back to the stats.

Stats:

Big men no-sell. Its a fact of life. Yeah, I no-sold your finishers cause Thor no-sells, thats part of his gimmick. He's your classic big man.

At the risk of coming off like a dick, a person with a vitality of four should NOT be no-selling finishers, no matter how big they are.

- Mike Van Siclen.

Really shouldn't be talking on this thread.

Guest Renegade
Then you had me hit you with *BOTH* of my finishers, and you kicked out of both of them. Sloppy or not, you should not kick out of both of someone's finishers, unless its a big match

I totally agree with that, do not kick out of 'em finishers.

Guest TheBostonStrangler

Well, on the no-selling finishers note, I'd like to say that unless it's a REALLY big match, I dislike people no-selling finishers. And no, a Euro title match is not a big match. A world title match, or at a PPV, are the only places I would write it, and I dislike it when that happens. I don't see it necessary. Thor, it's true, you are a big guy. But if you want your gimmick to be no-selling, you have to have a higher vitality. A guy would not be able to no-sell two finishers, and usually not even one on a normal show, if they had a 4 vitality. Either change the stat or the style, because it's unrealistic to do otherwise. As for the rolling thunder, that's your call.

Guest kelloggs

I agree with Strangler and Gade, big time matches involve kick outs of finishers. Instead of burying your opponents finisher think of an interesting way to counter, this is the best way or use the finisher as a desperation transition spot to even the momentum of the match and put both wreslters on equal footing. Show comments up later.

Guest ScorpionDanceofDeath

So it'd probably be best to have a wrestler attempt a high-powered signature move to kick out of, rather than a finisher. Am I right?

I'm surprised no one's laughing their behind off at me. I'm surprised I won. Are we sure that Manson wrote?

Guest Edwin MacPhisto

I dunno Kami, but I dug the match. (Y) regardless of Mansonosity or not.

The main event was frickin' ace. I'm somewhat legendary for my ridiculous mark-outosity when it comes to six-man tags (ohhh, the combinations) and this was one of the coolest ones I've seen in a while. Some vets, some newer guys, a real solid blend of action, exciting all the way through, and a real clever finish.

On the finishers deal...and first off Spike, don't worry, your post is not really flaming. "___ eats shit" is considerably harsher than "I don't agree with the way you portray your character based on stats," so you're doing fine this time.

Baaack on topic...I echo Strangler here. Kicking out of finishers is a real special thing. If you're going to do it, there should be a good reason--a long delay before the cover, the attacker being really injured and taking a long time, something about the execution of the move not being even 20% its normal effectiveness because of an injury or reversal attempt...something like that. In all actuality, I don't think I've written a clean "kicks out o' finisher" sequence unless I'm writing someone kicking out of my own.

Not something you have to stick to, but a common courtesy. And Spike, don't worry so much about it--next match you write, just have the Highlighter put somebody down for the 3 real nasty-like, and it's instantly re-established. Or do a little character vignette where Spike is all "Jeez louise, I am stoned, and Thor kicked out of my moves! I'm losing my edge! Must...smoke...more!" Or, you know, something along those lines. Work with it.

And...that is all.

Guest KingOfOldSchool

Kamikaze: I wrote, but it was a 1300 word effort, just enough so that I could say I showed up... probably about as long as your standard WWfE free tv match. That was a good job in building me up in your match though.

I'm in agreement with the kicking out of finishers thing too. I largely see it as a cheap way to perform a transition. I say that even on a PPV it shouldn't be done, unless it's a big stip match or a title match, and even then a finisher shouldn't be kicked out of or no-sold more than once or twice. If you do happen to kick out of a finisher, it should only happen early in the match.

What Kamikaze said applies as well. Instead of kicking out of a finisher, kick out of a high-powered Signature Move instead. Opponents won't get as pissy as they will when realizing that you're treating their finisher as "just another move".

Because there's no Losing Matches thread, and I don't feel like starting one, here it is now.

---

"(Axis) Welcome back to Metal, from the Nassau Colliseum! We have a slobberknocker up next, pitting Kamikaze against a vet who made his return on Crimson, in Manson."

"(Edwin) Heh, slobberknocker. Make up your own lame phrases."

"(Axis) Wha?"

"(King) You just said slobberknocker, ass."

"(Axis) Screw you both."

The well-known drum beat to "Snap Your Fingers, Snap Your Neck" by Prong begins to echo in the arena, as the SmarkTron comes to life with a dimly lit black and blue video. Ominous red and purple lights flash on and off, as Manson tosses aside the entrance curtain and stops at the head of the rampway to stand for a moment in the crucifix position. The fans send off a mixed reaction towards him, as he breaks out of his pose and walks towards the ring, long black hair concealing his face from any attempted camera shots well.

"(Funyon) The following is a Singles Match schueduled for One-Fall! Introducing first, from New York City, and weighing in at two-hundred and fifteen pounds! He is… MMAAANSON!"

Manson comes to a stop and rolls under the bottom rope, popping back up as best an apathetic soul can. He rips off his leather jacket, and tosses it towards the ground, before walking to the corner to sit on the ground and wait for Kamikaze.

"(Axis) Manson made a strong return on Crimson, in winning a #1 Contendership to the SJL Title in a Two out of Three Falls Match against Insane Luchador. First, he deals with Kamikaze…"

Godsmack’s “I Stand Alone” hits the speakers, and Kamikaze steps out onto the stage and walks down the ramp, all the while looking in every direction he can, in a fit of paranoia. He rolls into the ring…

"(Funyon) Now, entering the ring, from Minnetonka, Minnesota, and weighing in at 235 pounds! KAMIKAZE!"

Now in the ring, Kamikaze climbs the turnbuckle opposite from Manson, and he throws his arms up and tilts head back---

“KAAMIKAAAZZEEEE!!”

He jumps down from the second rope, eyeing Manson as he rises out of the corner, ready to fight, as some generic no-name Referee signals for the bell…

::DING DING::

"(Axis) Kamikaze meanwhile, coming off a win of his own, as he defeated Tony Brogan on the last show… And the two are ready to mix it up…"

Manson and Kamikaze meet center of the ring, and Manson immediately lays in an Open-Haned Chop, to which Kamikaze responds with one of his own. Kamikaze prepares for the brunt of another chop, but Manson instead strikes with a stiff kick to the side of the leg. Kamikaze grabs at his leg with his right hand, as Manson wraps up his left arm, preparing for an Irish Whip. Kamikaze holds his ground, and he sends Manson into the ropes instead. Manson springs off, and he meets a kick to the gut as he nears Kamikaze. Kamikaze transitions behind Manson, and gets an Inverted Face Lock on, about to go for an Inverted DDT. The ex-Mafia swings an arm up, and gets Kamikaze with a fist, followed up by another, forcing him to break the hold. Manson spins in his position, so that Kamikaze now has a regular Standing Face Lock on, and he throws Kamikaze off with a toss.

"(Axis) Manson doing everything he can to fight out of the DDT, as he shakes Kamikaze off…"

"(King) A good series of reversals for both."

Kamikaze pushes himself up off the mat, as Manson dives in with an attempted low Dropkick to the legs. 'Kaze bats him away with his arms, and catches Manson with an Armdrag as Manson jumps off the mat and comes running at Kamikaze. Manson gets slow off the mat, and Kamikaze bends down to lift him up by the head, but Manson clips him at the knee, and Kamikaze falls to the mat. With Kamikaze down on the mat, Manson takes free shots and stomps away at him, as Kamikaze reels. Manson, finished with his short-lived assault, lifts Kamikaze up and gives him a Roundhouse Kick to the chest, knocking him to the mat. Manson pins.

"One!"

"Two!"

"(Axis) Kickout!"

"(Edwin) A doozy of a Roundhouse sent Kamikaze crashing into the mat, but he had the foresight to get out of the pin."

As Kamikaze lays on the mat still, shaking off the effects of the stiff kick, Manson delivers a Kneedrop to the bend of Kamikaze's right leg. He stands up and points to the fans for a split-second, causing a few to boo, before grabbing Kamikaze by the leg again, about to turn him over. Kamikaze fights him off with a kick to the face however, and Manson falls to the mat. Kamikaze hovers over Manson, and Manson springs up with an attempted Clothesline, ducked by Kami. Manson spins back around, and gets a boot to the stomach, as Kamikaze applies the Face Lock, and synches the waistband of Manson, proceeding to lift him up and over with a Vertical Suplex. Kamikaze pins…

"One!"

"(Axis) Shoulder up by Manson, after one."

Manson rolls over onto all fours, and begins pushing himself off the mat, though has Kamikaze's arms wrapped around his neck from behind, with a Sleeper Hold. Kamikaze rolls Manson over into a Body Scissors, and Manson begins to fight out with a back Headbutt. Manson's head collides with the jaw of Kamikaze, and he lets go of the hold, allowing Manson to sneak outside for a breather. Kamikaze attempts to go after Manson, though is stopped by the Referee, who wants to allow Manson to get into the ring himself. Manson patrols the area between the ring steps and the announcers table, and Kamikaze pushes the Referee out of the way, to go after Manson. As he reaches over the top-rope, attempting to grab Manson by his hair, Manson trips him up and drags him over to the ring post. Manson proceeds to smash the right leg of Kamikaze against the steel, as Kamikaze struggles to get free. The Referee warns Manson to get back into the ring, and he obliges, but not before delivering a stomp to the knee of Kamikaze.

"(King) Great tactics by Manson, with the luring in of Kamikaze…"

"(Edwin) He's been going after that leg the entire match."

Manson hesitatingly listens to the Referee lecture him, as Kamikaze pulls himself up with the use of the ring ropes, hobbled. Manson approaches, ready to continue with the attack, but Kami gets in a hard punch to the temple, and an instant DDT…

Manson bounces back up from the impact of the sudden DDT, as Kamikaze crawls over for a pin…

"One!"

"Two!"

"(Axis) Kickout by Manson! Nearly caught off guard."

Manson grabs his neck, as he sits on his knees in a corner, as Kamikaze stands and follows. Manson begs off, and Kamikaze hesitates, but continues on, lifting Manson up. Kamikaze wraps up the arm of Manson, and whips him into the ropes, but Manson hangs on. Kamikaze charges, but gets lifted up and dropped into the ropes neck first. Manson dives down, and trips up Kamikaze forcing him face firce into the mat. He then hooks the leg and leans back, as the Referee checks on Kamikaze. Manson stretches an arm out towards the ropes and grabs on, and Kamikaze's hand drops and hits the mat three times.

::DING DING::

"(Funyon) Your Winner, by way of Submission.. MMAAANSON!"

"(Edwin) That Ref is fired. The simpleton."

"(King) It's over baby!"

"(Axis) That it is… Manson gets the win over Kamikaze with a win by Submission, with a Single Leg Crab, and we'll be back to Metal in a minute with our Main Event of the sWo, represented by Matt Myers, Fugue and Mak Francis versus C.I.A., Thor and Spike Jenkins."

Guest SupaTaft

I see where you guys are coming from. I rationalize kicking out of the Highlighter as he couldn't lift up Thor so the move wasn't too effective. I don't remember the spot with the five star frog splash so I can't say yay or nay.

That and Jenkins wasn't worth Thor selling his finishers.

In the words of JD...

BONG!!

-Taft

That and Jenkins wasn't worth Thor selling his finishers.

Now what is that supposed to mean?

I try to be a good guy, I try to help you out, and what do you do? OK, I am going to make *another* list, not so big, but a list of stuff of actions you have done towards me in the last *24* hours.

1) You laugh at my match, saying "its the funniest thing you ever read" then when I try to explain to you that it is in *MY* hometown, you go off on how no one should boo Thor.

2) You give away the ending to an angle I have going in chat, which ends up making me explode ((N) at quoting TNT) and I get kicked from the chat. You say I am not "worth the time or effort" because I will "no show all the time" Listen, all because you got lucky *3* times against me with no showing, doesn't give you the right to pull any shit with me or my character. You need to figure out this is for fun. I don't care what Ash told you or what, I do not stay up long hours writing 3500 to 6000 word matches just to be criticized by you. Someone who thinks they are *king* because he is the only "face" with a title. Thor, the truth is. YOU ARE NOT GOOD. I AM NOT GOOD. TNT is Right......whoa, Did I just say that? Anyway, Thor, if you really want to make it in the JL and the WF, you better grow up. I'm done flaming you, because when I do, I either get kicked from Chat, or Edwin edits it (beotch)

3) Must I continue? Sure. I am absolutely SICK of your "IM Better Then You" comments towards me. Your not better then me. YOUR FUCKING LUCKY. All because your Euro champ. Big F'N Deal. When have you defended the title against someone WHO ACTUALLY WROTE AGAINST YOU. Ummmm, *None*

IM done ranting....

"Hollywood" Spike "Really Pissed Off Now" Jenkins

You mentioned something about Thor shouldn't be getting pops like he does because his charisma is low. That's where you're wrong man...the charisma stat doesn't dictate how over you are. It dictates how well you are on a mic, and how much you use you charisma to get over with the fans. For instance, HVT was WAY over with the fans, but had a charisma of like 1. You can have little charisma and be over. Jeff Hardy has NO charisma and he's over. So, Thor doesn't have a ton of charisma...so what...that just means he's not as likely to come out and bust out a tight ass promo, like say, Edwin MacPhisto. But that doesn't mean he's not over and wouldnt' be cheered.

Then why exactly is Charisma there?

If it says how good you are on the mic, then its going to say people with low charisma dont write good promos. But that is inaccurate. Someone can write a **** promo (something like fugue pulls out, or maybe if lucky something like Silent....which I doubt) but his charisma could be at like, 2.

It just doesnt make sense.

Guest Edwin MacPhisto

Jesus fucking christ!

(Apology for blasphemy in advance to MVS and all other religious types, but the word to be typed frustrate me.)

Spike, I'm not going to edit your post since apparently it POs you when I cut out your flaming, but god dammit, just drop it! Drop it Thor, drop it Spike--I don't care who started what, who eggs on who, who does what--it's not worth my time! You guys don't like each other. WE GET THE POINT. No one's getting the last word in, because I'm getting it in right now.

Thor has been right sometimes and wrong sometimes.

Spike has been right sometimes and wrong sometimes.

Big.

Frickin'.

Deal.

Criticize each other's matches and stuff just like you would anyone else. Don't take fricking potshots, because it's idiotic. I'm only making this public so that other people can see it and HOPEFULLY not repeat your mistakes.

Stop your fighting, in all its forms, now, or the JLCC will have zero problem in suspending either of you for any given amount of time.

Back on the show: I got a chance to read Strangler and Thugg's bits. God, as a booker I hate double no-shows, but as a fan, one every now and then isn't that bad. Bloody hilarious.

And have I mentioned how much I like that six-man tag? Spots all around, and they all connect--marvilloso.

Guest Edwin MacPhisto
You mentioned something about Thor shouldn't be getting pops like he does because his charisma is low.  That's where you're wrong man...the charisma stat doesn't dictate how over you are.  It dictates how well you are on a mic, and how much you use you charisma to get over with the fans.  For instance, HVT was WAY over with the fans, but had a charisma of like 1.  You can have little charisma and be over.  Jeff Hardy has NO charisma and he's over.  So, Thor doesn't have a ton of charisma...so what...that just means he's not as likely to come out and bust out a tight ass promo, like say, Edwin MacPhisto.  But that doesn't mean he's not over and wouldnt' be cheered.

Then why exactly is Charisma there?

If it says how good you are on the mic, then its going to say people with low charisma dont write good promos. But that is inaccurate. Someone can write a **** promo (something like fugue pulls out, or maybe if lucky something like Silent....which I doubt) but his charisma could be at like, 2.

It's not saying that they don't write good promos, Spike. In his early days, Thugg wrote plenty of promos, but very few of them had HVT talking. It's not a measure of promos you *write*, it's of promos your character actually *does*. Edwin, Erek Taylor, CIA--all these guys have the higher charisma ratings in the fed. Their characters are designed with a slant towards talking. If someone has 10 strength, they're getting over primarily on their amazing ability, not their ability to talk circles around their opponents.

An example: Silent writes good promos, but they don't have much to do with his character's rep. Silent is over mostly because of the menacing figure he cuts, as his 10 vitality means he can fight through almost anything like a frickin' freight train. The actual character Silent doesn't do much talking to back up his action in the ring, and when he does, it's supplemental to the punishment he dishes out. Thugg worked the same way--people cheer or boo HVT because he does brutal things with his strength and vitality, not because he says "I will wreck your shit!"

Stats are just a framework--they don't lock anything down, and they certainly don't judge a person's writing ability. Just to clear things up.

Guest Powerplay

I'm really sorry to intrude, but this is coming from someone who is really wants to be in the SJL (Hopefully in the next few weeks, but I'm moving into college and I still need to work on my knowledge of wrestling) soon. I've been watching for some time, at first for my buddy SupaTaft, and then simply for my own entertainment. You guys make up angles and storylines that could be put to movies (Good ones, not Plan 9 ones. Well, maybe Cutthroat...) and I really would like to see Taft and Spike to stop arguing. So on with my commentary, and if any flames come forth, I probably will deserve them since I really should post until I'm a member of the SJL family.

Spike: I've watched you, and you have really improved over time. Taft sent me your match and it wasn't that bad. I did find it odd for you to say that NYC is your home town when you list in the stats section that "Hollywood, California" is your hometown and never mention it in something like a bio.

Taft laughed because it seemed like you were just making up a reason to get Thor booed. But the reason was far better than just saying "Everyone booed Thor 'cause he sucked ass", and it does make sense once you change your stats (if you do). I recommend making a little bio and mentioning it there, like "Really from Long Island, New York, but he's often so stoned he can't remember anything from before a couple years ago when he was living out in CA."

I think you short-change yourself in the stamina dept majorly. Your a 5, which is above average. You put down "Please don't hurt me", which gives other people the idea that your guy can't take a good beating when he really can. You should put something like "Hey, being stoned does lessen the pain a little", or something like that. But after reading your match, just like Thor can't no-sell the Highlighter, you can't no-sell a Ragnarok piledriver about midway through the match.

My biggest complaint on your matches is that I think King and Edwin because the last match posted (You vs. MVS) on the board was a lot of

King: Stop holding the sWo down.

Edwin: Shut up!

Yes, it was against an sWo guy, but the repetition to me seemed annoying. I think it came up around four times and it got old with me. But the match you made for the Euro didn't contain that all, and most of the commentary was pretty fresh. So hopefully you are improving there.

Your posts in the above are a huge improvement over the flames you used to dish out and I applaud you for your restraint. You conducted yourself in a much better manner and the constructive critizism seemed completely non-flame to me. The last post you broke, but overall an improvement. Good job.

Taft: Your my buddy, so I hope that you know I don't mean some of these comments in ill will.

I think your no-selling is odd because of your vitality. I think the best thing to do that would be in character would be to make it so Thor uses most of his energy up early on, and make him get much more tired later since he uses his power early up. It fits in with his vitality (He could no-sell any little moves early and maybe midway on just because he is a big guy, but being tired later on he can't no-sell his way out of moves) and his character (Being quite proud of his strength he tries to dominate the whole match, putting tons of power into every move early on. Because of this, he is often worn out in the later portions of the match which can lead him into trouble at the end). And maybe have Thor get a brief boost of power from some backing from the crowd. A good second wind that can win the match for you.

Buddy, don't start the flaming again. Ya just got done with it, and when I watched Edwin and them play that joke I thought the fed might be in big trouble with the bigger guys arguing like that. You guys are two very capable guys. Not the best, but the potential is there for you guys to be MEers in maybe a couple weeks to a month. I don't want to see main event guys flaming each other out there when I join because it is very disconcerting. It degrades the fed, guys. You really should try working together and learn to respect each others characters. Maybe a couple of must win Tag-Team matches could get you guys working together. Really, when you look at it, your stats perfectly mesh with each other: Thor is the super-big dude that can take care of the other team's hoss while Spike can keep up with just about any luchador in the SJL. You guys could be a real good tag team if you just began respecting each other. Think about it ;).

Again, Taft, I'm saying this cause I'm your friend and friends wanna help their friends be better. I know you'll understand this man.

If any flames are forthcoming, I probably deserve them because I still am not in the SJL and haven't had to write what you guys have. I understand that, and I think you need not take endless critizisms from outsiders. But I just want these guys to improve their characters because I see real talent in them and they shouldn't hinder that because of a flame war.

Cya.

Guest Edwin MacPhisto

Damn, Powerplay. If you're that well-spoken and you're not even here yet...we await you anxiously. Nice comments.

Uhh wow.

I would say he is right with just about everything.

Except tag teaming with Thor. No way, no how.

Guest Powerplay
Uhh wow.

I would say he is right with just about everything.

Except tag teaming with Thor. No way, no how.

C'mon. I think you might enjoy it. If your character depended on his and his character depended on you, you might gain a little more respect and maybe learn a few writing tips from each other.

And thanks, but I'm getting back into wrestling from a long sabatical (God, about 4 or 5 years), so I will need some time to study up. Hopefully, though, I'll be ready in a couple weeks.

Guest kelloggs

You powerplay seem like a pretty rational guy and I really respect your well thought out opinion on things. Nice depth and I can't wait to see what you can do.

They could tag with each other and it would work but I believe a nice feud where they need to plan stuff out together to get up to a pay off match will get them to understand that their characters mesh well together. And that all of the strife ain't necessary. Maybe they'll get the chance to tag together or feud soon. Either would help a situation that has gotten out of control and I think everybody even them agrees on that.

::Goes to sleep::

M. "Listen to powerplay or Edwin should auto-job you both" Francis ^_^

PS if you read this comment on the show or i'll cry and you don't want to see me cry it's a sad sight. I'll comment tommorrow

Guest Ace309

Hey, Powerplay... get your head out of your ass!

Sorry, just didn't want this to turn into a lovefest, and I couldn't come up with a legitimate way to knock his post.

Guest SupaTaft

Well, since everyone's being honest.

Who are you to say that I got lucky Spike? I understand that I might not seem so formidable a foe seeing as most of my wins are default wins, but I can still outwrite you any day. If you EVER show up in a match against me, which is highly unlikely, you will get your ass handed to you. You can't say that your better than me because you never show up and back it up. Lets see you show up for a match and see how well you do.

After CIA and Mak get bumped, I will be the top face in the company and guess who my opponents will be limited to. Fugue (one hell of a writer, not to knock on you or anything), Manson (please start writing consistantly soon!), and you my friend. Now I've faced you three times. You've no-showed three times, and I've won three times. You have absolutely no ground on which to talk shit unless you actually start showing up for your matches and earning your respect.

I may not have won all of my matches honestly, but at least I've showed up, which is more than I can say for you. I don't care about not winning the matches honestly. I don't give a DAMN about what you think. The only thing that matters is that I actually have a future here, and you are but a flash in the pan. You are the next Impact. Come three months, who is gonna remember Spike Jenkins? How will you be remembered?

That guy who never showed.

You come here, you create a decent character, you write like three matches. Then you stop showing up for the matches. But sure as shit you are still lingering on the boards, complaining about how much my character sucks. You are nothing but a virus on this board, I am not the one who is making the board look bad, its you. You and your pointless as hell flames, you complain and you complain and you complain, but until you actually start showing up for your matches, any of your posts will be discarded by me as mindless gibberish.

Now I'll tell you what, somewhere down the line I'd like to have a loser leaves SJL match. Just a fair deal where we both write a match, and the loser leaves town, never to return. That's how much faith I have in my skill, no matter how minute it may seem to the higher ups. I am officially calling you out, so we can end this pointless bickering. Maybe the match wont be the next show maybe not the one after that, but soon.

Once we are the top two writers in the fed, we will have our little match. So heed my words, and mark them well. When the time comes, we will see who has the right to talk shit. You bring your ass to one lousy match and I'll put up my career. After Mak and CIA leave, we will see who is truly the best in the SJL.

That is all that I have to say.

-Taft

tsk tsk tsk.

Thor, WHY MUST YOU CARRY THIS OUT?

I beg of someone to talk to him and tell him the same thing people keep telling me about "flaming", "ignoring his comments" and everything else.

Something did catch my eye though. A Loser Leaves the JL match.....hmmmm

*thinks*

You know. Ever since joining the JL, I have lost alot of sleep, due to writing. And then you being a dick, I have lost even more sleep due to being on the board. A Loser Leaves Town match might be the only way to get more sleep....or do get you the FUCK out of here. Thor, consider your challenge......accepted.

Look what happening backstage...

Do you ever say anything intellegent? :blink:

Guest SupaTaft
Look what happening backstage...

Hey, slapnuts. Shut up.

This is not backstage. I am not Thor. When arguing with Jenkins (my new favorite pasttime) I'm Taft. When I'm in character I'm Thor. Two different people.

I reiterate, shut up.

Sign in to follow this