TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest NazMistry

3-Way X-Title Match

Guest NazMistry

Was the 3 Way X-Title Match between Styles, Low Ki and Lynn really as good as all the reviewers have said?

I wish they showed TNA in Europe.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

It was phenomenal.

The ending cost it from being as close to perfect as I've seen.

It was non stop and exciting for 16 minutes...and they did some innovative stuff with 3 man moves (Lo Ki going for a superplex on Styles while Lynn poewrbombs Ki off the ropes WHILE he superplexes AJ, Lo Ki locking in a dragon sleeper on Lynn in the ropes, while AJ came off the top to leg drop Ki) some very cool breakup pins into another pin and so on that was very exciting, and everyone kicking out of their own finisher being done to them was a perfect capper to a match that just kept building up excitement.

My friend who doesn't watch or like wrestling for the most part came over after the show because he wanted to see the Truth guy I had written about, and I showed him that match.

Even he was into it (he even made the comment that this was the kind of thing he could actually get into...while wowing to some of the things these guys did) and after it was over I asked him how long he thought that was.

He said...something around 10 minutes.

It was 17.

I think that's the mark of a good match.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

I read an offhand comment that TNA was prevented from releasing video tapes for a while due to the specifics of their ppv contracts.

But it led me to beleive that they would be releasing tapes or dvds as soon as they were able too.

Guest Flyboy
But it led me to beleive that they would be releasing tapes or dvds as soon as they were able too.

Yes!

That's great news! Whoo! :)

Only.. how long before they'll be able to though? Anyone have a ball park estimate?

Guest crandamaniac
I read an offhand comment that TNA was prevented from releasing video tapes for a while due to the specifics of their ppv contracts.

Seriously, If they came out with tapes of NWA:TNA, I would be waiting at my video store to get them

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

No.

It was just an offhand statement, probably to explain why there was no tapes coming out.

Guest CoreyLazarus416

I have a new favorite match...**tears**...

And score one for LowKi!

The ending really wasn't as great as the rest of the match, but hey, it's soemthing that hasn't been done a whole lot, and let all men keep their credibility.

Guest TheDames7

Maybe I'm the only one who liked the finish, but I felt the ref bump and chairshot was unnecessary....but then again, thats just me.

Dames

Guest BionicRedneck

OK,

Again, i'll say i haven't seen any of TNA (Im from UK) but, from what i have read, this match sounds like a spotfest. It probably looks great against stuff the WWE puts on, but to rate it ***** suggests its one of the best matches ever. I find that hard to believe.

Is 16 minutes of non-stop action gonna be a great WRESTLING match? a wrestling match needs some sort of build and pace, and from what I have seen of Low Ki, his matches rarely have this.

again, I will have to see this match, and i'm sure its really entertaining, but i doubt a 5* wrestling match.

Guest NazMistry

I should buy this Super-Satellite that my dad saw in Belgium, it recieves over 5000 channels from around the world, including all major PPV channels!

Only problem is it would cost me as much as the house I live in.

Guest Sandman9000

Someone better have this available to download soon.

Hopefully, I'll find some other TNA fans in college, and actually be able to order a show. Damn parents hate wrasslin.

Guest kane3212321

Actually that 3 man move with the powerbomb and superplex at the same time is used by the best wrestlers in Australia, Jag and Havok and they've been using it for years as their finisher. Good to see someone else in the world has thought of it now!

Guest J*ingus

I saw some indy workers at a show here in Tennessee use the same move several months ago.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

I'm getting sick of Bionic Redneck.

He's a negative nancy.

Guest BionicRedneck

hehe :lol:,

Yeah, i realise I might seem negative, but I haven't seen any of the X division. Everyone says how great Low Ki has been, so he must have improved quite a bit. I look forward to finally seeing this stuff though.

Guest Sandman9000

That superplex/powerbomb spot is quite old. I've seen it dozens of times. It's probably just the first time it has ever been used over PPV.

Guest the 1inch punch
Maybe I'm the only one who liked the finish, but I felt the ref bump and chairshot was unnecessary....but then again, thats just me.

Dames

Russo thought it necessary Dames, thats all you need to know

Guest I Fear Hogans Air Guitair
Actually that 3 man move with the powerbomb and superplex at the same time is used by the best wrestlers in Australia, Jag and Havok and they've been using it for years as their finisher. Good to see someone else in the world has thought of it now!

Dude are you from Australia to Jag rules.

Ps. Jag was the first Aussy wrestler to get into the PWI Top 500.

Guest ShooterJay

The match is great in the same vein as a TLC match.

There may not be psychology or any storyline behind it, but the action is unreal. I enjoyed it immensely.

The ending was fine, except Low-Ki was clearly off the pin after 2, and Armstrong counted 3 anyway. He should have done a new 3 count after the Spiral Tap.

Slick Johnson, IMO should ref all X matches, Armstrong is terrible at them. his handling of the Low-Ki/Styles match week 5 really hurt the flow of the contest, in my eyes.

Guest J*ingus
Ps. Jag was the first Aussy wrestler to get into the PWI Top 500.

? Surely Bill Dundee and the Sheepwhackers made it once or twice, or even Ashley Hudson and Jamie Dundee.

Guest cabbageboy

That match was awesome. And yes there was a bit of psychology to it in that they all used each other's finishers but no one could win it that way. See, they hadn't actually mastered those moves like their own finish.

I gave it ****3/4 with a -1/4 due to the slightly odd finish.