• La Parka
    • Dean Malenko
    • Kurt Angle
    • Steven "William" Regal
    • The Hurricane
    • Lance Storm
    • Michael Modest

Guest Stixx

We'll say this is, obviously, mainly North American based... what do you think, among these choices?

Guest Galactic Gigolo
We'll say this is, obviously, mainly North American based... what do you think, among these choices?

This one really reminds how little "GREAT" talent we have in the US at this point.

Off the bat, we can eliminate Dean Malenko, Michael Modest, La Parka ("La Parka's got the 4-1-1. One for me, and one for my homies), Steven Regal (One thing about being a good worker is being able to pull good matches out of the most useless nuts in the business.  And if Regal can't fight Edge to a good match, who is at that point of a useless nut, he's not a great wrestler), and Eddy Guerrero (best match he had in the WWF was *** 1/2)

Christopher Daniels is good, but I haven't seen enough of him (four or five matches) to judge him.

Shane Helms needs a lot more seasoning to get to that level.  IMO, he can be, as he worked some great *** 1/2 matches in WCW last year.  Wow, I still remember seeing the Nitro Girls singing the Vertebreaker. "VERTEBREAKER! It'll break your back!"

Down to Lance Storm, Benoit, and Angle.  They're all very good, but I'm going to give the edge to Angle here, followed closely by Angle.

But keep in mind, I enjoy the in-ring work of Danny Doring, so don't take my opinion serious because God knows it's not intended to be.

Guest Stixx

I don't know, I think Regal has gotten some of the best matches out of Edge that we've seen from him in quite some time. But then again, I don't know... I'm strange like that, I think the clash in styles WORKS in this case. I've enjoyed their matches thus far...

La Parka... well, had to throw in an online (and personal) favorite for the hect of it. heh.

I agree about Helms... notwithstanding that I'm a huge fan of the Hurricane gimmick... give him another year or two (and reintroduce the Vertebreaker)... and he could be at the top of the workers in this country.

When I mentioned Guerrero... I was thinking more along the lines of some of the cruiserweight battles he had in WCW... and also the few ECW and Mexico bouts I'd seen of him. Nothing he did in the WWF topped Eddy-Rey Jr.

Guest MARTYEWR

1. Benoit: Can do it all. Brawling, wrestling, lucha, you name it, he can do it. Some areas he doesn't focus on as much anymore, but there's still no better overall worker.

2. Guerrero: Not a great brawler, but can wrestle, use speed and do 'em well. Got a good match out of Test of all people at WMX7. Slightly below Benoit though.

3. Daniels: Haven't seen enough of to fairly judge.

4. La Parka: Can brawl with the best and wrestle well too. I don't think he's as good a worker as Benoit but he IS dang good.

5. Malenko: Can actually still work well despite his age. It's a shame he's retiring, as I think he can still go another 2 or 3 years. Probably not the crowd-pleaser Benoit is.

6. Angle: Has learned things faster than anyone I've seen. Still needs to make some moves in the ring count and involve the fans in the match though. A bright future lies ahead.

7. Regal: Age has caught up with him. Was extremely awesome in the mid-90s, now he can't go longer than 5 minutes.

8. Helms: Tons of experience being wasted here. Face turn hasn't helped the fact that he's a comedy wrestler in the WWF now.

9. Storm: Most wasted guy in the promotion right now. Can work good matches against a huge range of styles from the Rock all the way down to Crash Holly.

10. Modest: Again, haven't seen enough to fairly judge.

Guest Kahran Ramsus

Benoit is the best, but Angle is close.  Storm is not as good.  Dean Malenko is retired, and Eddy is a drug addict.  1997 Guerrero was just as good as Benoit though.

Guest Banky

Eddie WAS better than Benoit in WCW

one question, where's Austin? He's a better worker than most in that poll.  Angle, Regal, Storm, as just some of the examples of not being as good

Guest Kahran Ramsus

That's because Eddy was feuding with Rey Misterio & Chris Jericho, while Benoit got to feud with Kevin Sullivan & Meng.  By 1998 when Benoit was feuding with Raven & DDP, he was having better matches than Guerrero.  They were about equal in WCW.

Guest SplendidStorm

I think when you look at Storm and Regal...these two are somewhat underappreciated because they have unique styles and maybe can't have a great match with everybody because of it

Guest BankHoldup

I'm gonna say Benoit is the better wrestler.  Angle is really good, but his psychology is off at times.  He'll end up working the arm or shoulder and then hit the ankle lock for the submission while Benoit on the other hand will always work the arm, neck, or back and finish of the opponent with the rolling germans, diving head BUTT, or the Crippler Crossface.  Eddy's psychology is good stuff too, but Benoit has the ability to tell a better story in the ring.

Benoit is also more of an exciting wrestler as he can really just about do it all.  At Royal Rumble last year, I never expected him to do a dive through the ropes, much less get hit in the head with a chair in mid flight, so Benoit has that ability to surprise as well.

Plus, Benoit sells like a champ, for whoever it may be.  

And finally, Benoit is the best because even though Sullivan gave him the World title in WCW, he still walked out.  That's guts.

Guest JAMES900

It tough it's between benoit and storm for me there both great. I'd like to see them work a program that would bring in alot of 4*+ matches.

Guest Cataclysm911

I feel that Steve Austin should have been on that list before some of the other people such as La Parka & The Hurricane. You have to admit that Austin has proven time & time again that he is a tremendous talent. He just brawls because he is in the WWF, but when given time to work with Benoit, Angle or someone on their level, Austin can tear down the roof.

I voted for Benoit. Benoit gets such praise from "Smarks" because he "Can" wrestle. Same with Lance Storm.

Also, if you have Malenko on there, you should definately have TAKA on there.

Guest El Psycho Diablo

I personally voted for Eddy. *shrugs* He's just one of my favorites.

Besides. Snaggletooth will win this poll, anyway.

Guest RickyChosyu

Yeah, I personally would put Austin above everyone on the list except Benoit, Angle, Storm, and maybe Eddy.

Guest Hogan Made Wrestling

Benoit and Austin are the two best workers in the WWF, and indeed in North America. Angle is moving up, but there are still elements of his game that need some fine tuning.

Guest KoR Fungus

Benoit, because he just seems to be able to get a great match out of anyone.  Angle, Austin and Storm can all work great matches, but they're also involved in a good deal of mediocre matches.  All three of them seem to need at least a decent opponent and plenty of time in order to pull off a solid match. Not so with Benoit, he can get a ** match out of anybody even in the tiny little snippets of time that the WWF likes to give people.  The great thing about the WWF before his injury was that no matter how bad the company's general direction was (Brothers of Destruction, blech), you could always at least count on Benoit's match to be good.  I honestly think that the perceived decline in match quality since June has as much to do with Benoit's injury as the botched invasion.  Just consider those horrible mixed tag main events that we all hate so much.  They were *so* much better when Benoit was in there, as he raised the quality of the wrestling, sold better than anyone and did the clean job.  I miss him soo much! :(

Guest Hogan Made Wrestling

How many REALLY good matches has Storm ever worked? I think he's maybe had one match break ****. For all people go on about his "technical skills", his matches leave a lot to be desired (sort of like how I can follow a recipe and every step can look good, but the final meal isn't great). Now I'm not singling him out (he's still better than a lot of guys), but I wouldn't group him with guys like Austin, Benoit, and Angle, who all shit **** matches on a regular basis.

How is Chris Benoit winnin???? He is only a so so wrestler.....he is not even close to bein the best in WWF or on the poll. Hurricane is who I pick cause not only is he funny but cause that motherfucker makes it go.

Guest dreamer420

This one really reminds how little "GREAT" talent we have in the US at this point.

Off the bat, we can eliminate Dean Malenko, Michael Modest, La Parka ("La Parka's got the 4-1-1. One for me, and one for my homies), Steven Regal (One thing about being a good worker is being able to pull good matches out of the most useless nuts in the business.  And if Regal can't fight Edge to a good match, who is at that point of a useless nut, he's not a great wrestler), and Eddy Guerrero (best match he had in the WWF was *** 1/2)

Christopher Daniels is good, but I haven't seen enough of him (four or five matches) to judge him.

Shane Helms needs a lot more seasoning to get to that level.  IMO, he can be, as he worked some great *** 1/2 matches in WCW last year.  Wow, I still remember seeing the Nitro Girls singing the Vertebreaker. "VERTEBREAKER! It'll break your back!"

Down to Lance Storm, Benoit, and Angle.  They're all very good, but I'm going to give the edge to Angle here, followed closely by Angle.

But keep in mind, I enjoy the in-ring work of Danny Doring, so don't take my opinion serious because God knows it's not intended to be.

Wow. I thought I was the only real Danny Doring mark in the world right now.  The guy rules and he had a terrific moveset.  The only thing I didn't like was the Sexual names for each of his moves.

Guest magnumtokyo69

Benoit is hands down the best worker of all listed, though I do agree that Austin should have been on the list. He's no Benoit, but at times he's come damn close.

As a mega-huge Benoit fan, it kinda scares me to think that within 4 years Angle could be remembered as the best pure wrestler of all time. If anybody can dethrone Benoit, it's King Kurt, though.

Guest SeattleSmark

Benoit gets my vote based on the fact that I've never seen him equalled in the ring. By far the best mix of pure wrestling, brawling, mat, and aerial. Angle does run second. All others are far behind...

Guest JMac

Either Benoit or Angle I flipped a coin and picked Angle.  Benoit is Canadian though so I think he's a little better but not much.  But what do you base a great wrestler on.  Mat skills, flying, bumping, charisma, mic skills, braling.  All are important factors but I love people with large movesets.

Guest RickyChosyu
How many REALLY good matches has Storm ever worked? I think he's maybe had one match break ****. For all people go on about his "technical skills", his matches leave a lot to be desired (sort of like how I can follow a recipe and every step can look good, but the final meal isn't great). Now I'm not singling him out (he's still better than a lot of guys), but I wouldn't group him with guys like Austin, Benoit, and Angle, who all shit **** matches on a regular basis.

Personally, I think Storm is just missing a little before he gets to be in the league of the likes of Benoit, Austin, and Angle. He managed to carry Edge to a **** match at Summerslam, and his work in WCW was always great. With work, I think he could become as good in the ring as his old buddy Jericho.

Speaking of which, I think Jericho should be on the list. Many don't like the guy as far as an in-ring worker, but I think he's really not getting enough credit. The guy has had tons of great matches with Rock, Angle, and especially Benoit, who is a miracle worker, but not enough so that he could produce that many miracles on a consistant basis over the years by himself. Anyway, Jericho is deffinately better than Hurricane and Regal at this point, and I think his versatility and charisma put him above Storm too. He deserves to be on the list.

Guest LaParkaMarka

Oh, La Parka by a landslide. His matches were ALWAYS entertaining, even if he got squashed. Take that Benoit! :P