TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest oldschoolwrestling

Future of Hall and Shamrock

Guest oldschoolwrestling

Two of NWA:TNA's top names, Scott Hall and Ken Shamrock, might not be long for the company.

Hall signed a four show deal with the promotion, and he has worked all four shows. He has reportedly been a model citizen backstage, and has impressed Jerry Jarrett with his work ethic and approach. However, neither side has worked out a deal to have Hall return as of yet, but most expect that he will be back.

Shamrock on the other hand, might be gone from the promotion as soon as this week. Jarrett was reportedly not happy with Shamrock's reign, and felt he exhibited very little charisma. There is talk that TNA would like to buy out the remaining time on Shamrock's year-long contract.

credit: Pro Wrestling Torch Newsletter

Guest Zack Malibu

That's a tough call. Hall is, and will always be (for some reason) over, no matter what. Problem is, while he's a "model citizen" now, he could fall off the wagon again, and bring the NWA more trouble than it needs.

Shamrock just wasn't doing it for me, but given the recent financial woes, would the NWA want to use money to buy him out?

Tough call, but if the NWA is sticking to a budget, I can't see them wasting money to cut Shamrock loose. If Hall is done with his deal and they're not looking to spend more money, then it's probably bye bye Scott.

Guest Downhome
Jarrett was reportedly not happy with Shamrock's reign, and felt he exhibited very little charisma.

As for Hall, that's too bad as it seemed he was really getting on track. However...

...as far as Shamrock goes, did Jarret just NOW figure out his lack for charisma? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

Since NWA doesn't travel, and it's centered in Nashville, I'd say this is hall's best bet to stay sober while wrestling.

Guest oldschoolwrestling

I see no reason for keeping Shamrock around, but Hall would be of value if they kept signing him to 4 show deals and then used him right.

Guest J*ingus

Well, considering that they never actually did anything with Shamrock beyond sticking the title on him, whaddya expect? Most of his title defenses ended in no contests or DQs, like against Omori and Sabu. He beat Malice twice, but everyone's beaten Malice, so that doesn't really count. He didn't have any kind of real feud with anybody. His matches were always in the undercard. The company as a whole didn't spend half the effort on the heavyweight title that they did on the X Division.

Guest I Hate Radio Shack

since there are no "limitations" - put over the X division in an angle where shamrock believes he was being held down (or some shit) and that the X division will give him the proper place to shine...

that would seem like a logical place to put him and put over the x division as not having any limitations...

x division goes on shamrock as a true monster heel after a couple of months, only to have a newcomer win it back and boom - he's instantly over as a contender...

Guest The Notorious CRD

I think both Shamrock and Hall have something to offer the promotion by way of name value alone. When Hall is motivated, he's pretty good and I think TNA was his best bet since he only had to work one day a week and wasn't on the road. I felt that Shamrock never got a fair shake as champion. Not to take anything away from Ron Killings because I'm elated they put the title on him, but as the time for TNA's debut drew near I was banking on them putting the title on Shamrock and I was right. Hopefully they'll find something for both Hall and Shamrock because they are legitimate draws IMO.

Guest El Satanico

Shamrock would be gone soon if he didn't have a year long contract. Unless Shamrock lets them off easy i can't see them buying out his contract.

I'd think Hall would agree to return and wouldn't ask for too much. This could be Hall's last chance in wrestling because i'm sure there aren't many feds wanting to deal with him at this point. I'd hope that he realizes this could be his last chance to prove he's over his problems.

If he doesn't want way more then he is worth at this point i think they will try bringing him back.

Guest razazteca

Shamrock has a big fight in November for the UFC promotion so I expect to see Ken to start putting over new stars for TNA.