WrAtH CoMmEnTs

Guest HollywoodSpikeJenkins

(Y) at people showing up

(N) at people not

Double (Y) at me and Mak.

Ill say everything I want later.

Guest Edwin MacPhisto

Lost At Sea comments:

First off, MVS probably wrote the best match I have ever seen from him...through ALL character incarnations, so that's saying a lot. CIA and IL were both close as hell, and the matches were very, very closely matched, but in the end the deciding factor came down to MVS's amazing use of the stipulation. He, far and away, made the best use of the ship environment for clever spots, confrontations, and all the stuff that made the match unique and nutty but serious at the same time. I did take off some big points for the utterly random and unexplained appearance by Fugue, who was at the arena just 10 minutes earlier, but altogether the use of the ship and the interactions between the three wrestlers made this the most distinguished offering.

All in all, this one of the most fun matches I've ever read, and I spent over an hour reading, marking, and so on, which is a looooooong time for me. Kudos to all three men involved: MVS for winning, and IL and CIA for putting up a fight that shows they both can hang with the top of the card for good.

Guest SupaTaft

Humbling experience losing.

Great show all around. Particularly dug the impromptu World Title match.

Terrific match from Fugue, I'm bummed out that I lost my title, but couldn't be happier with who won it. Rock on Fugue! \m/

Didn't get a chance to read the Lost at Sea match, but I'm frankly shocked that MVS won it. Good job, I'll have to check it out.

Thor loses European title, gets cracked in the face by the world belt.

Not a particularly good night for the Thunder God.

-Taft

Guest Edwin MacPhisto
Thor loses European title, gets cracked in the face by the world belt.

Not a particularly good night for the Thunder God.

-Taft

Look at this way though: it's kinda moving up the ladder. At least you didn't lose the world and get hit in the face with the Euro, right? Heh...

Guest Chuck Woolery

Comments, comments...

First, mad congrats to Kami... no, wait, he lost. Mad congrats to Manson... no, he lost too. Well, mad congrats to Strangler for writing the funniest two out of three falls match I've ever read.

Next up, FUGUE~! You da man, and you bring home the Eurovision title. Go you, man, it was a good match from where I sat.

Uh, I won.

And the Mak Francis/Hollywood match, which ends in a SWERVE~!, although if I got suplexed onto bong glass by some guy, there's no way in hell I could ever be friends with him. Just a thought.

- Mike Van Siclen.

Cheers. Heh-heh.

Guest SupaTaft

Very true Mac Daddy.

I'm gonna take being hit by the World belt as an omen of things to come.

I'll be getting hit in the face by the World title very soon, but next time around it'll have a different owner.

Thor = sWo whipping boy

-Taft

Guest ScorpionDanceofDeath

My only other wish.. is that I had known that Manson was going to no-show. I sent my apologies to Strangler about six hours before the due time, because I was at work and wouldn't be able to write from there (had a busy weekend, too). If I had known about it in that six hours, I would have snuck something into existance from work.

Say, with the shows going up late into the night hours, are 3pm due times really necessary? A few hours in the evening would be nice to work with.

Guest Chuck Woolery

True, but I know that at least one marker (LDP) likes to read his matches on the due date because he has to work late at night or somesuch. I agree, if the show's not going to be posted until midnight or later we don't need 3PM due times... but you take what you get.

- Mike Van Siclen.

And then you get humiliated to death. [insert frown here]

Guest Edwin MacPhisto

Afternoon due times are to basically account for extensions, and give people flexibility.

Very rarely is a marker going to actually DQ you for getting your match in at 4 instead of 3. More importantly, having a 3 PM due time means that you can PM, say "I can't get my match in on time," and I can say "No problem--have it to me by 8 eastern."

We used to have some pretty late due times on the weekend shows, but what was happening was that, regardless of due times, people still needed extensions, and we were giving extensions till 9 or 10 at night. Sometimes that's okay, but most of the time it's hard.

In short: if you need time, ask your marker. 9 times out of 10 they'll be a-okay with it.

Guest Insanityman

Yeah, and I remember having late shows, and even though it was nice... it was more time for me to waste and have to beg for an extension.

Guest HollywoodSpikeJenkins

Ok, we are getting off topic here. Lets go back to talking about......

ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE KING OF THE WORLD!!!!!

And bore myself to death? Let's not.

[/end semi-sarcasm]

Guest kelloggs

Franchise comments coming forth

no-shows suck

See above. Kaze you slacker and Manson I think this no-show cost you a title shot. Damn man I was looking forward to actually writing against your character. Get back to writing please.

Fugue pulls out the win. Look at the psych in his match I love it! I remember when he didn't even really incorperate it into his matches. I see great improvement and quite frankly you just got better.

Now onto the man of the evening MVS. I got to read both CIA and his matches early and it must have come down to the fact that Mikey's match just had so much emotion in it. It just read off the page like a big time match. The Fugue stuff did come out of left field but it sets up interesting dynamics. I have yet to read IL's but I'm sure he put up a great effort to. Hmmm...I'll PM you soon we've got some stuff to work out.

And I won't comment on my match except to say that I messed up the ending by not telling Spike in time about something I wanted put in. I'll just post the edited ending so people can understand where things are heading.

Overall nice show and props to all who wrote.

Guest Listen2Reason

...is it unethical of me to hope for no-shows so I can see more hilarious fake matches? Oh well. Someone once said...I may not have the quote exact, but, "90% of life is just showing up". So come on, guys, if you want it, go for it. ^_^;

My match starting out with "Weren't those two matches INTENSE?" seems a little silly, but what can you do. I'm rather proud of my match, but I guess there's not much else I can say. ^_^

The Lost at Sea Match--great stuff. What Edwin said about using the ship environments and getting the most out of the stip really spoke to me...that was what I loved about the match. I was a bit tickled to see myself in the match, even though it was kinda random. But it's all good.

And the impromptu Title Match--just the idea of a surprise match was awesome. And like the previous match, seeing them go all out with the hardcore stuff was great. (Although, I had thought Cheers was actually around Commonwealth Avenue...but whatever. ^_^; ) I have to wonder about those two guys going through this huge brutal match and finally joining forces in a swerve...but it's wrestling, so I guess it happens. ^_^; Good stuff in any case.

Oh, and...does the sWo control all the gold in the federation? Why, it seems we do...;)

Guest SupaTaft

I just reread Fugue's match and noticed the whole "Fugue's T-Shirt has white fire on it symbolizing Loki" thing. Kudos to you once again.

Norse mythology references = brownie points from Thor.

Even though I should still be whoring out WFers characters for brownie points...

-Taft

Sign in to follow this