TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Chunk

PPV GM

Do we need a PPV General manager?

Although it would add more chat and less wrestling to raw and smackdown, i think we need one.

When you look at it logically, theres nothing to stop Bischoff booking his talent in every slot of the months ppv at the first raw of every month.

I know it would never happen, but when you look at it logically, if he wanted to kill of Smackdown, what better way to do it but preventing the Smackdown talent from appearing at PPV's?

A PPV general manager would install some fairness and logic behind who faces who at the PPV's!

ChUnK!

Guest The Czech Republic

Vince is the moderator between the two GMs in a way, I guess.

Even more of a reason to get a PPV GM, less TV time for Vince!

At least if they got a dedicated PPV GM with trained expert promo skills, we wouldnt have to put up with Vince coming out evry night and trying to do other peoples jobs for them! lol

ChUnK!

Guest Jobber of the Week

Except that, by nature, a PPV GM would only appear on PPVs, and in case you haven't noticed, people don't buy PPV to listen to talk.

Surely they would also have to show up on smackdown and raw to confirm and book matches for the forthcoming PPV's!

I just think it would add more logic than the current situation where either GM can book what ever they like (in theory anyway)!

ChUnK!

Guest Danny Dubya v 2.0
Even more of a reason to get a PPV GM, less TV time for Vince!

At least if they got a dedicated PPV GM with trained expert promo skills, we wouldnt have to put up with Vince coming out evry night and trying to do other peoples jobs for them! lol

ChUnK!

Feh... please. With Vince's ultra-huge ego, there is no chance of that happening when he's supposed to be on a show.

And one PPV GM would sort of take away from the heat of the competition between Bischoff/RAW and Stephanie/SD!

Guest jester

They should really make it clear what powers the GMs have and what exactly they are competing for. They can't keep switching wrestlers back and forth, that's going to get boring and confusing. So what are they gunning for? Ratings? More money from Vince? More slots for their stars in PPVS?

Exactly, and as neither GM should have complete control of the PPV (as it would be unfair)

i think a PPV GM is the best solution, provided they dont interfer with raw and s/d too much!

ChUnK!

Guest Dangerous A

I think they should get rid of the GM position period. Get rid of the 2 GM's they have now. There, I said it. The GM/owner/Vice president/CEO roles are leftovers from the Russo template of how to do things. I think the writing team is uncomfortable with just making matches out of the blue with no mouthpiece with authority to push the action. That is crap. There is no originality that can come from that position any longer. Oh, look, bad GM is going to make an unfair match. Or good GM is going to right a wrong. It's lame. GM's and roles like them don't draw money.

Guest MrRant

What ever happened to like having people that went and signed contracts to face each other? I remeber it being announced that so and so have signed a contract to face each other tonight etc.

Guest TestKick

The entire GM thing is stupid. It's just another excuse to shove non-wrestlers in our face. I do think Bischoff plays his role well, but he is on way, way too much... and Steph remains untalented.

The PPV GM thing could maybe be a good 1 time idea, with promising to bring someone like Foley back for that role... but a consistant PPV GM is stupid.

Guest DJ Jeff

That would be a good idea, depending on who the GM was. If it was Vince McMahon, that would suck. If it was Foley, then HELL YEAH! In all seriousness, though, I think the WWE should eventually scrap the whole roster split, and everything to do with it.

Guest chirs3

I kind of like the idea... Bischoff and Steph could one-up themselves trying to win favor with him/her, and get him/her to book matches they want, to keep titles or bring new ones to the show...

Guest DJ Jeff

I wouldn't be surprised if the WWE decided to try using a PPV GM. Vince McMahon will do anything right now to boost ratings.

Guest evenflowDDT

A PPV GM actually is a pretty sound idea, although it'd probably be Vince if anybody. I mean true, the GM stuff isn't exactly original, but if you're going to do it, might as well have the storyline have a bit of logic, right?

Guest DJ Jeff

Knowing Vince McMahon he'd make himself the PPV GM just because he's Vince McMahon dammit. :P

It would suck if it was vince, but Mick could od a good job as PPV GM!

Dont forget Shanes been off TV for a while now, surely hes long over due for an invasion, i mean come back, lol!

ChUnK!

Guest I Hate Radio Shack

NO MORE GODDAMN OWNERS ANGLES PLEASE - NO GOOD OWNER, NO BAD OWNER NO GMS

STOP IT NOW

Guest cabbageboy

Well, I disagree that the commish/GM type roles have no place in wrestling. They've always been around in some form, but here is the difference. In the past these owners and commish types were low level players that showed up to make an announcement or two, maybe do a contract signing, and otherwise stay out of the way.

I don't think a PPV GM is really necessary, since it would add boring talk to a PPV.

Ideally, Linda McMahon is a good example of an owner/CEO role. She shows up from time to time and makes an announcement, but for the most part leaves us alone.

a linda mcmahon type role is what i mean. it wouldnt add chat to a ppv as the matches would be set up by then.

the ppv gm would just show up on raw and s/d from time to time to add some logic to how matches are decided upon for the ppv's.

ChUnK!

Guest Storm Tracker

Just make Shane-O-Mac the Commisioner and he could act as PPV GM and he would also have a reason to show up on Raw and SD occasionally.

Although, I prefer the major angles to involve wrestlers. All good feuds end in the ring and I don't see an Easy E vs. Stephanie match any time in the near future. A Shane-O-Mac vs. Easy E match could generate some heat. I mean Easy E beat the snot out of David Arquette in WCW.

Guest The Czech Republic
Well, I disagree that the commish/GM type roles have no place in wrestling. They've always been around in some form, but here is the difference. In the past these owners and commish types were low level players that showed up to make an announcement or two, maybe do a contract signing, and otherwise stay out of the way.

Yeah I miss the inconsequential neutral authority guys that didn't hog the spotlight or waste TV time. If you told me in 1992 that Jack Tunney would give himself a rap song as entrance music and win the WWF Championship, I'd probably ask which drugs you're on and laugh at you.

Guest CED Ordonez

Jack Tunney. Greatest. Figurehead. Ever.

Seriously, I think that's how GMs should be. So who won that controversial match? Here's Jack Tunney with the verdict. How are we going to decide a Number One contender? Here's Jack Tunney with the decision.

Just pop up on my screen, make your decision, and leave. And it's gotta be an important decision, not deciding that a midget isn't entertaining you or you need your eyecandy to be a gopher and pass along important messages and documents.

Guest RicFlairGlory

What they ought to do is have that Jack Tunney-esque prescense (aka PPV GM). When Bischoff and Steph get too close to each others throats, and you need that definitive word, have a guy like Tunney, or hell even the JJ Dillon-like character. Every time someone had to figure out if Jericho WAS the real Cruiserweight Champion, Dillon showed up, said what he had to say, and left. When Mean Kevin Greene wanted to fight Giant, Dillon showed up to sign the match, and that was it.

Stuff like that.