TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Chunk

Raw or Smackdown!

If you could only watch either raw or smackdown, which would it be.

Buying into the raw vs smackdown angle, which would you say is better?

I think with Eddie, Benoit, Rey, Angle, Cena, Edge, I think that Smackdown wins it!

The trouble with this angle is that the rosters chage too much too quickly for yout to decide on which show you prefer. Meaing that no one really has a preference and hence the whole point of the angle is a bit pointless.

ChUnK!

Guest Raven_Effect01

Let's see:

Raw, most of the time, turns out to be a good show with good development of angles(excluding the boring HHH vs. HBK feud) and has some good matches sometimes as well, even if the Raw roster doesn't look as good as Smackdown's.

Smackdown has the Cruiserweight division, though it isn't really used as well as WCW's(less high-flying due to the horrendous WWE style), and there have been times when a Nidia/Torrie altercation overshadows the focus of Noble and Kidman. Also, some of the good talent that they have settles for Velocity, while bland wrestlers like Mark Henry and Rikishi are the ones seen on Smackdown instead even though no one cares about them or Brock Lesnar's Goldberg push. Oh, and Stephanie's on the show, about ready to hog the spotlight again as evidenced by this past Thursday's Smackdown, ugh.

Raw wins.

Guest DerangedHermit

Raw - for a few reasons:

1) Bischoff rules it.

2) It's live.

3) Steph's not on it.

Guest cabbageboy

Raw will always be the better show no matter how much they try and push SMDN. Monday is just THE day for wrestling, it has been for over a decade. Raw is a live and exciting show, no matter how bad certain parts suck there could be something that could pull it out of the muck.

SMDN is taped so it tends to have a sort of hangdog air about it. Something about it is just 2nd rate, from the announcing to the cheesy piped in cheers.

I mean has anyone ever really gotten all that pumped to see SMDN? Do we not just watch because, well, it's wrestling? I find myself consistently pumped for Raw every Monday, whereas SMDN excites me only slightly more than Thunder used to.

Guest Brian

If SmackDown was live, no doubt.

It's much more consistently entertaining than RAW. I like the booking and the build better, as well as the bookers (Hayes and Heyman). I like the wrestler better that are featured on it (Benoit, Guerrero, OMEGA boys, cruiserweight division).

Guest chirs3

Raw's losing its edge (Benuerro are gone, and Triple Haytch has the 20 minute promo duties)...

But it's still got...

Booker T

Golddust

Rob Van Dam

Tommy Dreamer

Steven Richards

CHRIS JERICHO!

Chris Nowinski

BISCHOFF!

And the matches are better, and usually a lot longer, than Smackdown's. The semi-being-raised-from-the-dead Hardcore division is pretty fun.

Smackdown's got...

Kurt Angle

Chris Benoit

Eddie Guerrero

Edge

Rey Mysterio Jr.

The Hurricane

... and that's about it, for guys I like. The matches are shorter, storyline's aren't advanced too well... and there's Stephanie...

I've gotta go with Raw on this one.

Guest RicFlairGlory

I'd have to say RAW, but if you made Smackdown live, I might, juuuuust might give Smackdown more credit.

I just cant get hyped up about something I already know happened. Well, not counting re-watching something like Hart/Hart at WMX or something, but you know...

Guest Olympic Slam

RAW is the better television show but Smackdown is the better wrestling show. I prefer Smackdown now that Eddie and Benoit made the jump but before that I was pro-RAW. And before that I was heavily pro-Smackdown. because of the lameness that was Hall, X-Pac and Big Show.

Smackdown gets my vote based on the last two weeks of tv. Although, all shows of late have been entertaining.

Guest The Czech Republic

Raw is fun to watch because of Bischoff, and the Dream Team of Jim and Jerry is becoming such a self-parody that it's fun to listen to in that sadistic pitying way, not unlike Waiting For Guffman.

Smackdown is completely unredeeming. If Velocity lost the recap half of the show and did all wrestling for the hour it would be the best show on TV.

Guest DJ Jeff

I would have to go with RAW just for the simple fact it's live and it's easier to get excited for RAW for that reason. If Smackdown was live, then I might change my mind since Smackdown has good talent on the roster. The only problem is that Smackdown has Stephanie McMahon.

Guest AndrewTS

Raw. Although both could benefit to drop some dead weight. And it wouldn't hurt to make Smackdown live, with it showing live on Thursday--since they would only need to have a couple people on both shows in a given week.

Guest Brian

"Raw definitly. I don't even watch SmackDown anymore."

How do you know which one is better than?

Guest undisputedjericho

My patience was wearing thin with the show because the bulk of it (In my eyes at least) was shit. So one Thursday a few weeks ago I got home from football workouts/7-on-7 around 8:30 or 9:00, saw Kurt Angle getting bitched by Hogan yet again, followed by a bunch of stupid skits so I said "Screw it" and haven't watched it since.

The only shows I watch are Raw and PPV's.

Guest Eagan469

My UPN affiliate here in the Buffalo area isn't renewing its contract with UPN next month. I don't watch Smackdown, so I really don't care.

Guest DJ Jeff

I've started taping Smackdown instead of watching it and taping it at the same time. I'll only watch it if it looks like it's going to be good.

Guest Down Below

Raw. Mainly because they show it here in Australia only seven hours after it airs in the US, wheras we have to wait three days for Smackdown. Booker T, RVD & Jericho are other factors. Smackdown is closing in though, especially now that I record it and can fast-forward through Stephanie's segments.

Guest CanadianChick

I think that they should seriously think abou t going live and try to have a more edgy feel to it. The thing about Raw is that anything can actually happen, nothing can be edited.

Guest DJ Jeff
I think that they should seriously think abou t going live and try to have a more edgy feel to it. The thing about Raw is that anything can actually happen, nothing can be edited.

I agree.

Smackdown needs to go live to get more fans to tune in. Also, they need to get another station besides UPN in the U.S. and The Score in Canada to air on.

Guest CanadianChick

I agree.

Smackdown needs to go live to get more fans to tune in. Also, they need to get another station besides UPN in the U.S. and The Score in Canada to air on.

Just wondering, why would another station need t pick it up?

Guest Ravenbomb

A lot of people don't get UPN. The St. Louis area doesn't get UPN, or at least an incarnation that shows Smack Down. But we're getting them this Fall, so :D :D :D

But yeah, if maybe MTV or someone like that picked them up, I wouldn't mind.

BTW, I lean towards Raw, and not just because that's the only one I get.

Raw has:

RAVEN~!

BookDust

Bischoff

Brodie Bruce (aka Stevie Richards)

Tommy Dreamer

RVD

Molly Holly

The WBC-Americans

Jericho

Liveness

S!D! has:

Benoit

Guerrero

the cruiserweights

Angle

so...yeah...

Guest JaKyL25

Raw is slightly better, but as far as getting hyped for Smackdown, I found myself having that same problem until I STOPPED READING THE SPOILERS and just pretended like the show was live. Works like a charm!

Trust me, you'll have a difficult few weeks, as it's a hard habit to break, but I find that the payoff is quite good. It's like having 2 Raws in the same week.

Guest The Electrifyer

Easily, Raw. It just has always been my favourite and will forever be my favourite. I'm always looking forward to it and the past few weeks (after Bish's arrival), all the Raws have improved.

Guest Kotzenjunge

I was without the Internet while my computer was dead, so I had no access to spoilers and all I got as far as news was the local Sunday wrestling column by Mike Mooneyham.

STILL...

I got much more hyped for Raw than Smackdown. A lot of it is the fact that there is longer to wait for Raw than for Smackdown, three nights to two. Raw also comes at the beginning of the week, when most of us need some kind of stress relief after having to start the weekly grind again. Also, Raw can almost be called an institution. The first Monday night show and the only one left. Best of Raw has three volumes so far, with the fourth in the wings I'm sure.

As for more current reasons, Raw has the better announcing team, because Lawler can still get a one-liner out when he needs to and JR is still the best, even if he isn't as good as he used to be.

I can't see Rock v. Trips on Smackdown.

Jericho is on Raw now.

BISCH~!

BISCH~!

BISCH~!

The Nitro feel it has to it, a very refreshing change of pace.

The set is cooler.

Uncertainty as to when it'll end. If it's 9:58 on Smackdown, you know the ending is literally any second or it's already gone down. At 10:59, you know you've got a comparatively big chunk of show left. Adds more suspense.

Raw gets much more promotion, naturally making you look forward to it more. The weekend shows all say to watch Raw on Monday.

And I took the side of Raw when the split began because I just plain like it more.

Fo sheez,

Kotzenjunge

Guest Austin3164life

Raw is the show that has beaten Monday Night Football and NBA Playoff nights. Raw is the show where it's live and "anything can happen". There's always something fresh happening on Raw. It's the show that ultimately defeated Nitro and WCW altogether. There are WAY more historic moments on Raw then SD! alone. Austin doing a Brian Pillman, on Brian Pillman, Austin attacking Bret in the ambulance, Benoit and Jericho winning the Tag Straps from Austin and Triple H in a damn great tag match. SD! has not had a World Title change hands, because, to me, the show doesn't feel special like Raw. The Rock vs. Triple H ME on tonight's Raw is something that has potential to be history making. Austin tied the record for most World Championships on Raw. Raw is better, period.