TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Which poster(s) are hopeless marks?

Guest I Fear Hogans Air Guitair

I like Eddy and Beniot as much as the next guy but how can you say there the best in the World have you seen every wrestler in the world or something.

Guest converge241

"Just because Benoit will most likely never win a world title- don't be bitter. At least he hasn't jobbed to John Cena and THE GAY SLAP OF DEATH "

LMFAO @ gay slap of death..

is that the WWE sanctioned name for it?

worst mark moment

JR: Razor Ramon and Diesel are coming back to WWF

me: *calls everyone who was wathcing wrestling in that point in a state of disbelief*

-fake razor comes out-

-cashes in "Mark" card-

Guest Respect The 'Taker

...I MARK FOR THE UNDERTAKER!!!!!

This has been the Taker Mark

Guest Kotzenjunge

I knew you'd show up eventually in this thread.

I still want to know if marking for my mere existence counts.

Fo sheez,

Kotzenjunge

Guest Dames Edna

Whoever says I am a hopeless mark doesn't know what they are talking about

Guest Big McLargeHuge

Man did this thread go to shit quickly. I do have to agree with RickyChosyu and Strike Force, though. I tired to like him, but he is just absolutely boring. He may be great in the ring, but Jesus, he's about as much Charisma as a peice of paper.

I love Eddy though.

Just thought I'd point that out.

Guest MarvinisaLunatic

Id like to think that I dont mark out anymore, but there are certain things that hit me funny sometimes and cause it. Im not hopeless though.

Guest Respect The 'Taker
I knew you'd show up eventually in this thread.

I still want to know if marking for my mere existence counts.

Fo sheez,

Kotzenjunge

Who ME?

You can't have a mark thread without your humble Taker Mark

Guest Strike Force!
How about the fact that he's the single greatest wrestler that ever lived!

I don't give a fuck about mic skills as long what they do in the ring is entertaining and benoit is a god at that unlike that piece of shit rocky.

Go make another shitty movie and stay the fuck away from my tv fucker!

Yes. Benoit's WORKRATE! and MOVESET! are awesome :rolleyes:

Guest Strike Force!
Don't understand Benoit's appeal? Well, he hasn't impressed me too much, lately, but if you just look at the last three years, he was pretty much an obvious contender for "Best wrestler in North America" even though he's seen better days. In 2001 he worked what was largely considered NA MOTY with Austin in Edmonton, while also working the tag with Jericho v. HHH/Austin that was the other big contender that year. The year before that, he carried Jericho in a great series of matches, though none of them really MOTY material, but good matches, none-the less. He carried the IC title and had a more credible and successfull run than anyone has had since (unless you consider HHH's 2001 cup of coffee with the title to be "credible"). Also had a great match with HHH that year on PPV, as well as a really nice TV match near the end of 2000 with Austin that pretty much signalled the return of Steve as a good worker. Then there's '99, where he had what was all but officially proclaimed NA MOTY for that year, with Malenko v. Raven/Saturn, and also had the Owen Tribute match with Bret on Nitro that got a lot of praise and is widely regarded as Bret's last trully great match, as well as the last classy, respectfull thing WCW did as a company. Quite a three years for a worker, and that's pretty much regarded as a time when Benoit was regressing due to being forced to slow down for others, where as his run as a corner stone of the NJ Junior division allowed him room to work how he wanted with good opponents, and thus produce the best matches he was capable of.

Basically, if you just watch the matches, it's clear why Benoit was great, and may still have greatness in him. Believe whatever you like.

Hey, that's great. But he still doesn't entertain me.

Guest Strike Force!

I'll say this. Wrestlingwise, I think Benoit is one of the best. He's great.

But like it or not, there is more to be a "wrestling superstar" than being good inside the ring. You have to be able to cut a promo and you have to have some ability to tweek your character based on whether you are heel or face. That's why I've never liked Benoit. He's the same character no matter what angle or feud he's in. That's why people who whine about him not being world champion or whatever get a little backlash from me. He is NOT the total package the Netmarks make him out to be....

Lex Luger, however, is...... B)

Guest Mulatto Heat

Well, he must be doing something right to consistently be at the top of the card.

May he remain there.... to piss off those that find him boring. :P

Guest RickyChosyu

Ugh. Benoit has cut many a twenty minute promo. The one he cut on Flair or Austin, both solid, convincing promos. The promo work he did in 2000 against Rock and Jericho, all totally solid. He's definititely more exciting to listen to than say, Undertaker, or Brock, or HHH. Benoit is at least at the same levle as those three, as far as microphone work goes.

As far as not being able to define himself as a heel or face: when has he been given the chance. Upon turning face around WM 17, Benoit pretty much stopped talking all together. They just never gave the microphone, even if he was wrestling for the world title. He didn't get a chance to cut a promo at all durring his injury, and the second he got back, he was turned heel. Of course he's been playing the same character in all of his promos, because that's the only character that he's been given time to develope.

I also don't get this "no charisma" thing. If he didn't have any charisma, then why do people get into his matches? He was getting just as much babyface heat as Jericho was in 2001, and that was without any promos to hepl him get over, too. He accomplished all of it by selling his ribs like a God in all of his matches and getting sympathy heat as a result. He played an underdog in the ring, and so people rallied behind him. That's pretty much the definition, if not the architype for what charisma is supposed to be. He wouldn't have had one of the best WWF matches ever last year had he been devoid of all charisma.

Like someone else pointed out, Benoit is getting put over the Rock and has been kept high up the card, so he must be doing something right.

Guest Strike Force!

All fine and good, but....someone needs to tell him that a babyface doesn't scowl.

Guest Just call me Dan

Oh, I guess the top two babyfaces in the WWE for the last 5 years never scowled. The Rock never scowled when he stood on the turnbuckle and stared down his opponent. Stone Cold Steve Austin never scowled when he was in the ring with Vince McMahon. If you don't like Benoit, it's understandable, but to try and deny his ability is pointless.

Guest El Psycho Diablo

Comparing Benoit to Austin or Rock is a little bit off.

Ability does not make a main eventer. Never has.

At least, not in the WWE. The three biggest ever would have to be Hogan, Rock, and Austin. Hogan and Rock were never amazing wrestlers, and Austin only was when he tried. If anything differentiated those three guys from the rest of the roster, and into true main event status, it was their charisma. While Rock and Austin did scowl, they could also cut promos that had crowds in the palm of their hand. Simple gestures and manuvers that had people standing and cheering. Their mere presence causes (or caused) entire arenas to jump up at once and scream their heads off.

Meanwhile, the only mode Benoit has..

..is scowl.

Guest Mulatto Heat

Obviously the point has been eluded. We already KNOW everything you just said. Especially with the "Ability does not make a main eventer. Never has." Duh!

However, Strike Force made it sound like babyfaces DON'T scowl, which is inaccurate, in what looks to me like an attempt at straw-grasping to try and reinforce his point.

Some of you don't like Benoit, some do. You'll find that ANY wrestler has his or her haters. Leave it at that.

Guest evenflowDDT

TestKick counted as a mark, didn't he?

Plus, I'm a mark for Raven... I would rather see the WWE go out of business than NOT see Raven win every title, then come back as Scotty Flamingo and show John Cena how REAL MEN wear tacky, bright neon tights!