Sign in to follow this  
Guest BA_Baracus

SWF Apocalypse - The card

Guest BA_Baracus

PROMO (Stubby P. McWeed);

"Another month, another PPV card.

-------------------------------------------------

Show: SWF Apocalypse

Theme Music: I have no idea. Suggest some stuff on the card thread and I’ll choose one.

Date: August 25, 2002.

Arena: The Pepsi Center in Denver, Colorado!

Due date: August 25, 2002 at 12PM (noon) central time.

Send promos to: BA_Baracus

SINGLES MATCH

Chris Raynor vs. Mercury

- Mercury disappeared off the face of the planet for a while, but he’s back and ready to represent the M7 by kicking some Carnie arse!

Send to: HVilleThugg

BOMB SHELTER TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH

“TNT” Taylor Nicholas Thompson & Frost © vs. Danny Williams & Xero

- Danny Williams and Xero have proved to be a winning tag team, and seem to be a lot more effective together than they are apart. The two of them will take on Chilly Willy clang bang or whatever this Sunday, with the titles on the line!

Match Description – Regular DQ and count-out rules are not in effect. The winners are the first ones to place both their opponents in the “bomb shelter” (which looks strangely like a dumpster painted grey) and lock the lid. The bomb shelter will be located beneath the stage, to one side of the ramp.

Send to: Suicide King

NO-DQ SINGLES MATCH

Sacred vs. Renegade

- X force 9 member Renegade is back from wherever he was off to and will face CC member Sacred on Sunday. Sacred won their last encounter, but can he pull it off a second time in a no-DQ environment?

Match Description – Regular DQ and count-out rules are not in effect. Submissions, pinfalls and knockouts only count within the ring.

SINGLES MATCH FOR THE HARDCORE TITLE #1 CONTENDERSHIP

Silent vs. Annie Eclectic

- Annie Eclectic was been gunning for the hardcore champion Jay Dawg for some time now, but since Dawg is currently obsessed with the Hville Thugg, he has convinced Silent to keep the former Clan assassin busy. Will Annie finally get her shot at hardcore gold?

Send to: BA_Baracus

US TITLE MATCH

Tom Flesher © vs. Ash Ketchum

- Ash won this title shot on Smarkdown and this Sunday will face double champion Tom Flesher for the coveted US title!

LAST MAN STANDING MATCH FOR THE ICTV TITLE #1 CONTENSERSHIP

Longdogger Pete vs. Perfect Bo

- A couple weeks back Perfect Bo returned to action and it looked as if he was going to join X Force 9, but he screwed XF9 over by joining Creative Control instead. This rivalry has been building ever since and will explode this Sunday at Apocalypse!

Match Description - DQ and count-out rules are in effect. The only way to win the match is to knock your opponent out for a 10 count within the ring.

TRIPLE THREAT MATCH FOR THE HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE #1 CONTENDERSHIP

Thoth vs. Lerrin Breggan vs. El Luchadore Magnifico

- All three of these men have what it takes to possibly become the SWF heavyweight champion, and the winner of the match will face the winner of the Apocalypse main event on an upcoming show.

Match Description – DQ and count-out rules are in effect. The first man to score a submission, pinfall or knockout is the winner.

HARDCORE TITLE MATCH

Jay Dawg © vs. The Hville Thugg

- Jay Dawg has been obsessed with the former 2-time heavyweight champion Hville Thugg lately and has been doing everything in his power to goad him into returning, including victimizing members of X Force 9 (whom Thugg is now aligned with). Well Dawg got his wish on Smarkdown as Thugg made his return and will face Dawg for the Hardcore title this Sunday!

Match Description – Regular DQ and count-out rules are not in effect. Submissions, pinfalls and knockouts count anywhere within the ring.

YOU’RE FIRED/LADDER MATCH

Erek Taylor vs. The Boston Strangler

- Stemming from a feud over the ICTV title (which Taylor no longer holds) this feud has become increasingly personal. Strangler has even had Erek Taylor thrown into jail. This Sunday these two face off with their very careers on the line!

Match Description – Regular DQ and count-out rules are not in effect. A briefcase will be hanging above the ring. The first man to retrieve it and touch both feet to the mat with it in his possession will not be fired.

NO-DQ/NO INTERFERENCE MATCH FOR THE SWF HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE

Edwin MacPhisto © vs. Chris Wilson

- Do we really need an introduction? The feud between these two has been raging for months now and has consumed the entire federation. After battling under all types of stipulations, this Sunday Wilson and Edwin will go straight up one on one for the title, for possibly the last time as this is the last time as this is the last title shot Wilson will get against Edwin MacPhisto.

Match Description – Regular DQ and count-out rules are not in effect. Submissions, pinfalls and knockouts only count within the ring. The ring will be surrounded on all sides by security guards who will ensure no-one interferes in the match.

---------------------------------------------------

Mothernature says..."

Guest Renegade

As for a theme, song suggestions:

Korn- Here to Stay (the lyrics suit for a wretling show methinks.

Disturbed- Violence Fetish

Machine Head- White Knuckle Black-out.

Nice card, well time for Sacred to whoop me again.

Guest Coffin Surfer

SHIT! I Knew I shouldn't have started writing early. Why couldn't it just be a normal tag match, and not some dumbass gimmick. FUCK! Why couldn't it at least be a cool gimmick match. Shouldn't we wait to like the 500th rematch before we start scrapping the barrel for ways to make the match more interestling, isn't a match this deep in backstory interesting enough on it's own. This just blows my plans right to hell. Hell I don't even write anymore, shame cause I was really looking forward to this match. Am I being punished or something? :angry:

Guest Edwin MacPhisto

One note: Bo and Pete have been hyping their match as Last Man Standing in promos the last week, and they've got just a regular singles match right now.

Not a bad card at all. Seems to be lacking a little oomph on the bottom end, but there are tons of matches, and damn if I'm not really looking forward to the "Bomb Shelter" match. We've never had one like that. With some of the solid feuds here, it looks like we're gonna have a one-two-three knockout punch with Ground Zero, Apocalypse, and Genesis next month.

Danny, I know you're a pretty big wrestling purist, but it's a fairly unique stip. I'd say play with it as much as you can, and really, you can write the match in your usual style, but just bring in the added element of having to get the guys up the ramp and into the bomb dumpster. You could even mention the notion that this match is a disgrace to Danny's technical background, something like that. Work with it rather than destrooooy.

Also, theme music thoughts, with an apocalyptic theme: Tool's "Aenema," or of course Prince's "Purple Rain."

...okay, just kidding on that last one.

Guest Rabbi_wilson13

That is just stacked. If the people at the bottom write their asses off like most of them can, it's going to be really, really good.

Danny, don't get upset. Go with Edwin's idea of saying this is a disgrace to your character, and just win baby.

I'm kinda blahed that Erek and TBS went with a ladder match. Not because these two can write it excellently, but just because we ALWAYS have ladder matches. I thought you guys woulda come up with something different. It's still gonna rule all, just in a typical SWF way.

LDP/Bo needs a stip. Must. Have. Bloody. Stip.

Guest Coffin Surfer
Danny, I know you're a pretty big wrestling purist, but it's a fairly unique stip. I'd say play with it as much as you can, and really, you can write the match in your usual style, but just bring in the added element of having to get the guys up the ramp and into the bomb dumpster. You could even mention the notion that this match is a disgrace to Danny's technical background, something like that. Work with it rather than destrooooy.

There's no way I can work my usual style into this at all. There is no pinfalls, no tags, you basically got 4 guys walking around trying to push each other into a dumbster, This is FUCKING RETARDED.

Plus Why do we have to have a gimmick match in our first match? That makes no sense, the WWE's crackhead bookers don't even book like that. I wouldn't have a problem with a no DQ or something, but this match sucks. I was really looking forward to writing this match, now I want to no show.

I'am really pissed and I need to cool down right now.

Guest Renegade
NO-DQ SINGLES MATCH

Sacred vs. Renegade

Ok, ive been wanting to ask this question for a while, since the JL in fact. What is the difference between a Hardcore and No DQ match? I remember a marker once telling two JL n00bs when they went too Hardcore in a No DQ match, yet i have seen many a No DQ match when people just go all balls out Hardcore and it confuses me.

Guest HVilleThugg

Gade...I was that marker, and that was just my personal preference. Technically, you can use hardcore stuff in no-dq matches, i just don't like it because it diminishes the "hardcore" in a hardcore match. I would say that the only true difference that in a hardcore match, pinfalls and such can happen anywhere, where as in a no-dq match, pinfalls and such must happen in the ring. I for one don't like to see every weapon under the ring brought out in a no-dq match like in a hardcore match...but that's just me, so take it for what it's worth.

Da "has all the answers" H

Guest Edwin MacPhisto
Ok, ive been wanting to ask this question for a while, since the JL in fact. What is the difference between a Hardcore and No DQ match?

Hardcore is falls count anywhere. No-DQ, falls are only in the ring.

The rules are the same except for pinfalls...I just personally treat no-DQ a bit different from hardcore. I think it's kind of stupid to bust out, say, two stacked tables and a 20 foot tall ladder in a no-DQ match, but I could see it passing in a high-profile hardcore match.

There's really no distinction, but I've always personally thought of no-DQ matches as a little more subtle than hardcore.

There's no way I can work my usual style into this at all. There is no pinfalls, no tags, you basically got 4 guys walking around trying to push each other into a dumbster

You're overemphasizing the stipulation. I know you're pissed about the stip, and though there's no tags and no pinfalls, think of it this way--if you and Xero can manage to scoop TNT up and hit him with a double-team Deathbomb or something like that, then you can stick him in the dumpster a lot more easily. Write it like a regular wrestling match with Danny and Xero wearing them down, and then taking them to the dumpster. But don't no-show because of a stipulation--just try writing, and I'm sure you'll find something to latch onto in the match.

Guest Ash Ketchum

Hell, no Edwin.

Best choice:

"Prayer" by Disturbed. The song fits the PPV well.

Guest Insanityman

No one dies a virgin, life screws us all.

Danny, dude, do you want me to be bumped up to the WF to write the match for you? I know your a wrestling purist, but the CC took their time to book a card and so they add a new stip, deal with it. That could be fun to write if you'd just think positive. Also, it's not like you asked for a straight up tag and got this gimmick match... chill.

I agree with Renegade's confusion (switching gears here), I've never been sure how hardcore to write No DQ's. I suppose stacking six tables is dumb but a table shot from apron to outside sounds nice and hell, fun.

I'd like to throw in Nirvana's "Smells Like Teen Spirit", I can just picture the opening riff so well in a wrestling arena.

Guest AnnieEclectic

Ah... heh...

Yep, I'm going all out for this match, question is...

how do you make someone who just recently cleanly -no sold your finisher- into your personal bitch for all time? It's an interesting quandry, but I've always -always- been better as the underdog. Let's get it on...

-Annie

Guest Edwin MacPhisto
Ah... heh...

Yep, I'm going all out for this match, question is...

how do you make someone who just recently cleanly -no sold your finisher- into your personal bitch for all time? It's an interesting quandry, but I've always -always- been better as the underdog. Let's get it on...

-Annie

Duh, Annie. Hit the move six times and then stab him in the face.

Man, you people always try to think of the *complicated* solutions...

Guest ErekT2k
I'm kinda blahed that Erek and TBS went with a ladder match.

It was either that or a Bra and Panties match.. and I don't think I want to humiliate Strangler that far. ;)

Guest 5_moves_of_doom

"Big Balls" by AC/DC yo.

Oh, "Territorial Pissing" by Nirvana and "Welcome to the Jungle" by Guns N' Roses are both awesome too.

Danno, you CAN write this match, chill. Hell, I'm a little flabbergasted too. I mean, I asked for a gimmick actually...but this is...woah. I think I CAN get this to work though, and so can you.

Seriously, if I can incorporate your style into this match, then what's stopping YOU?

Oh, and is the dumbster de-elevated a bit, like...underground, or is it just pretty much a normal dumster match with the dumster painted grey?

I know, for me even, that this will be a bitch to write, but I'm intent on using the gimmick to my ADVANTAGE even, and coming out with a great match...or a crappy one, we'll see. :P

Guest WrestlingDeacon

If Ash didn't win his match on Smarkdown I asked for a triple threat tag match with Ash and another XF9'er. If he did win I suggested to Stubby that things could be spiced up with a gimmick. My idea being a double tables or window pain match. So, I could be partially to blame here, but I think we all just need to chill and work our best . I was just recently dealt a handcuff match and I think that wound up being one of my best matches ever. I was able to get into the gimmick, see the potential in it and still deliver a good "wrestling" match. You and Xero just need to put your heads together and work out a gameplan.

Guest Coffin Surfer

Well If you give me shit to work with, than it doesn't matter if I build a masterpeice cause it's still going to be made from shit.

And I have a problem with working my ass off to make a steaming pile of shit.

I do this for fun, and I have no interest in writing this match at all. I'am not saying I'am no showing, but don't be surprised if I do. I don't see anybody having a problem with Sacred and Breggan no showing for a match they didn't want to do. So y'all can punish me and job me out all you want, as long as it's in matches that I would enjoy writing I don't care.

I DON'T HAVE A PROBLEM WITH GIMMICK MATCHES. JUST SHITTY ONES THAT ARE A CHORE TO WRITE AND GET IN THE WAY OF THE MATCH.

Frost may like it, but I'am not Frost. TNT/Frost are the champs, so they have the right to request a gimmick match in their title defense. I'am just very disappointed that a dumpster is going to get in the way of a match that has been months in the making, dating all the way back to storylines in the SJL that was never really finished.

Guest TheBostonStrangler

Wilson, we may have a lot of ladder matches, but how many of them have 300 pounders in 'em? (Y) @ me being special.

And Danny, chill with the stip. It's a fun one. Just find the Cactus Jack/Terry Funk vs. NAO tag match and learn from that one. Just because it isn't a straight-up match doesn't mean it's worthless. As much as you might not like it, this isn't a fed based on Japanese wrestling, but American wrestling. Gimmick matches are a big part of that, so they happen.

And with that, TBS is out again. Hopefully I can duck back in here on Friday.

Guest Coffin Surfer
Just because it isn't a straight-up match doesn't mean it's worthless. As much as you might not like it, this isn't a fed based on Japanese wrestling, but American wrestling. Gimmick matches are a big part of that, so they happen.

I DON'T HAVE A PROBLEM WITH GIMMICK MATCHES. JUST SHITTY ONES THAT ARE A CHORE TO WRITE AND GET IN THE WAY OF THE MATCH.

Guest TheBostonStrangler

First of all, I wrote that before I saw your newest post. And second of all, CHILL. You got booked. And if you're gonna throw a hissy fit every time you don't get a match you like, then let me know so I can stop reading card threads. Seriously, dude, it's a match that's different than normal. Edwin gave lots of great examples of ways to write it. Just because you can't pin people doesn't mean it's gonna be all that hard to write. Would you be saying all this stuff if it was a cage match under escape rules? Or a Last Man Standing match? No pinfalls there, but submissions matter, just like in this match.

Guest Beingz0wningj00

TBS... Didn't they have Taker/Jeff Hardy on Raw? ;)

And Danny... just shut up and have some fun. It's not getting changed... just do something. My first match ever was a Dumpster match.

Guest HVilleThugg

Ok, everyone shut up.

First of all...stop yelling at Danny because none of you are actually seeing what he's saying. He's saying that in HIS OPINION the stip is dumb and that it's a chore to write for HIM. He's not making any generalizations about anyone or any stip...he's making specific objections to this specific stip in his opinion. You can't take that away from him, so stop talking to him like he's some stuck up puro that doesn't want to write a stip cause it's not traditional wrestling or whatever. He doesn't like the stip and it's a chore to write for him. Stop yelling at him for that and trying to tell him that he's being stubborn abuot it.

Danny...you shut up too. We all know you don't like the stip...but there's not a whole lot that can be done right now. Either write it or don't...it's up to you. I suggest you write it because at least you give yourself a chance to win the straps, and then you can pick the stip next time. Just please, I understand you're upset about the stip...but stop yelling about it on here. PM Stubby if you want to talk about it...

Everyone...do not bitch about the cards, unless you requested a match that was booked incorrectly. If that happens, PM the booker. It's fine to criticize the card, which would have been cool for the first few posts on this thread...but I for one am getting tired of seeing card threads that just bitch about matches they are in. I mean, it's cool to comment on the card, good or bad, but please don't turn the whole thread into a bitchfest about your match....Stubby and I work damn hard to put these cards together for you, and we stay up damn late to do it. So, if you want to bitch...PM...if you want to give constructive criticism, that's fine.

Da "fed up with people bitching" H

Guest Beingz0wningj00

Thugg... Pete and Bo requested Last Man Standing... and were hyping that... no bitching... pointing out.

Guest HVilleThugg

Yeah...that stuff is fine.

Don't patronize me JD, or I will take it outta your hide this Sunday whore.

BTW, I recognize the problem with that match, but I'll let Stubby fix it.

Da "lazy as sin" H

Guest Beingz0wningj00

Thugg... I'm going to make you scream like a Japanese chick taking it from a black man.

Guest Coffin Surfer

I apologize for turning the thread into a flame n bitch thread, that was not my intention at all. I just became an inraged after staring at a blank computer screen for an hour, with no clue how to write the match and started posting to vent my disgust with the stip.

From now on If I have a problem I will just pm the booker, or do what I usually do and say nothing(but that accomplishes shit). You will hear no more from me on the subject, because Thugg did a good job of summarizing what I was saying.

BTW, One of my fav. matches ever to write was my cage(escape rules)match with Frost. But a one on one cage match and a tornado tag dumpster match are words apart IMO.

Guest 5_moves_of_doom
Thugg... I'm going to make you scream like a Japanese chick taking it from a black man.

Yes, he'll just be WAILING with laughter when he sticks your foot in a blender and feeds you your own balls JD. :P

Guest Chuck Woolery

Just allow me to say one thing...

The Heavyweight #1 contendership match should RULE. Thoth v. Breggan v. Mags? Match of the night, right there.

And, uh, the rest of the card's good too. Really.

- Mike Van Siclen.

Guest Beingz0wningj00

... @ TNT

I'm using that spot on you or Ash now... so you know.