TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TJH

People who have been banned

Guest TJH

Would it be possible for the Mods to make a post when someone has been banned, and give the reasons why?

Guest TestKick

I don't agree, because then it turns into an arguing post about why or why not that person should have been banned.

With the exception of maybe 1 or 2 people, it's been rather obvious why people have been banned. So, no need to start up little wars in this forum.

Guest DrTom
Would it be possible for the Mods to make a post when someone has been banned, and give the reasons why?

We don't need to. Someone will see a name in the red and immediately make a post wondering why they were banned. It's painfully obvious why the vast majority of the time, but I guess that never stopped some folks.

Besides, any post asking or telling why someone got banned invariably starts arguments and controversy, and I don't think it's the job of the moderators to stir up that kind of mess.

Guest The Czech Republic

I wish I would've been notified about how I was banned back under the Botter regime...

Guest Retro Rob

I think that person being banned should be notified as to why they are banned. They could be e-mailed, or the reason could be posted in a thread.

Guest TestKick

The person being banned should be notified, and warned beforehand to stop doing what he's doing... but announcing things publicly would only make things worse, IMO.

Guest DrTom

We do give warnings to those who are about to be banned. They get one warning (at least, that's all they get from me) informing them of the behavior they need to stop. If they soon find they can't post here, I don't think what happened in the intervening time is too difficult to figure out.

Guest saturnmark4life

i think we should explain why people are banned, cos half the time it just looks as if they were banned for liking wrestlers the majority don't like, and everyone looks kinda pathetic ganging up on them and banning them. If they flame people then fine fuck them.

Guest areacode212

Nobody has ever been banned for liking a wrestler. The most common reasons are flaming and/or trolling.

Guest cobainwasmurdered
Nobody has ever been banned for liking a wrestler. The most common reasons are flaming and/or trolling.

I don't really post here anymore (other than in the new OAOAST folder!) so the rules might have been changed...but is it actually a rule now that trolling is illegal in NHB? I mean if anything goes in there shouldn't that mean Trolling is OK too?

Guest bob_barron

Code-

You mean I won't be banned for liking Regal???? WOO-HOO!

CWM-

Trolling isn't allowed in NHB.

Guest Some Guy

I said it there and I'll say it here, it is No Holds Barred, not No Trolls Barred. Keep getting rid of the Testkicks and Ahmed Johnson's of the board Mods, it really helps keep this place fun.

Guest cobainwasmurdered

If the trolls aren't going out of the NHB folder and they aren't being racist or anything in the NHB folder it makes no sense to ban them

Guest Some Guy

Yeah but if they have clearly shown up to add nothing to the board but flambaiting why let them waste space?

Guest J*ingus

There's no official ruling, but basically it goes like this: if the poster ONLY trolls and adds nothing useful at all to the board, then they're zapped. Like I said, a new poster with the name "HossesRule" who does nothing but flame other people about how much Benoit sucks is gonna get axed, because they're obviously just trying to pick fights and aren't putting in anything productive.

Guest The Man in Blak
The person being banned should be notified, and warned beforehand to stop doing what he's doing... but announcing things publicly would only make things worse, IMO.

Sweet, sweet irony.

Guest alfdogg
I said it there and I'll say it here, it is No Holds Barred, not No Trolls Barred. Keep getting rid of the Testkicks and Ahmed Johnson's of the board Mods, it really helps keep this place fun.

Don't rip off my name for NHB, ass.

(OMG FLAMING OUTSIDE OF NHB!!! :lol:)

Guest AlwaysPissedOff
If the trolls aren't going out of the NHB folder and they aren't being racist or anything in the NHB folder it makes no sense to ban them

Well CWM, all the bannings that have taken place recently except for Perfect Plex's first banning is because the same guy came back like 3 or 4 times with a different username until Dames IP'ed his ass.

Personally, I'm kinda like Tom in that I'll give 'em one warning and if they don't learn from that, fuck 'em, they are history. And Jingus pretty much hit it right on the head about trolls not contributing anything at all to the board.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Other than various Smarkzone identities...

I don't know of anyone who has been banned for what they have posted in the NHB folder.

They always stray into the other folders...and they usually don't last long.

But...about 80% of the people banned in the last month were all Smarkzone.

Guest bob_barron
But...about 80% of the people banned in the last month were all Smarkzone.

That is the saddest thing I've ever read. I mean- get a life

Guest cobainwasmurdered

That's not true. I was goofing around the other night in NHB and only NHB posting as X Killer Maybe Gona Hit Em Up and I got banned with no warning.

Guest Kotzenjunge

I loved that screen name. I don't know why, maybe because it turns into a rap lyric so easily.

Fo sheez,

Kotzenjunge

That's not true. I was goofing around the other night in NHB and only NHB posting as X Killer Maybe Gona Hit Em Up and I got banned with no warning.

CWM, I'm pretty sure the reason your X Killa name was banned is because a similar name was banned before and someone just assumed the person got around the ban.

Dames

Guest cobainwasmurdered

Maybe. I don't really care about my X killer name since I was just goofing around.

Guest cobainwasmurdered

Dispite the many similarities between Hogan and Mr. X (no talent,etc) Mr.X shouldn't make a come back for the simple reason most people don't seem to have a sense of humor any more.