TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Chunk

Japanese and foreign videos and dvds

im looking to start a wrestling video and dvd collection. Mainly based around the WWE/WWF. But i am also looking to buy a large section on foreign wrestling in particular japanese (especially Toryumon)

I was wondering if anyone had an opinion on the best japanes, toryumon and foreign wrestling Videos and DVDs available.

I know theres reviews on the site, but theres so many videos/dvds out there, im really looking for an expert opinion on the essential non-missable ones that every collection should have.

Cheers

ChUnK!

Guest Grenouille

Check around the board for video suggestions, there's quite a few.

For DVDs I have a few.

AJ Excite 2002-Kojima-Tenryu is the best match on the DVD with Mutoh-Kawada being second even though its really disappointing.

NJ 5/2/02 Dome-In a word, bland.

G1 Climax 2001 V.2-I liked it quite a bit. Best match on there is the Mutoh-Nagata final.

NJ 1/4/02 Dome-Another bland show with nothing overly great. Akiyama-Nagata isn't that bad though.

Also note that the DVDs are region 2.

Guest wolverine

"NJ 5/2/02 Dome-In a word, bland."

Maybe the men's matches were bland, but I heard the women's match was really exciting. I need to see it eventually.

Guest Jubuki

Nah, Kawada/Mutoh wasn't the second-best match from the card - closer to second-worst. That honor, per se, would go to Kea/Nagai, which wasn't all that good itself. Not that it took a whole lot to be second behind Kojima/Tenryu that night.

Guest wolverine

Toryumon Comes to Japan is a very good tape. The 7/01 PPV show is also highly regarded.

Guest Dangerous A

I felt the 5/2 Dome show wasn't that bland. I felt the matches on the card were hit or miss. The womens match is damn good, unfortunately they only gave them 12 minutes. However there was a decent Jr. tag title match, a heated OH gun vs Team 2000 match and even though Chono vs Misawa ended in a draw, I dug it.