TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest ShooterJay

AJ Styles

Guest ShooterJay

I've been looking through my TNA tapes, and I noticed that after week 4, he started getting his fair share of boos. Notice that during his segments with Jerry Lynn, Lynn was getting the face heat and AJ was getting the heel heat. Even during the ladder beatdown in week 5, the crowd was chanting "Jerry" through the whole thing. This reaction is probably why they switched the face/heel roles for them. "AJ sucks!" chants have been gaining strength, which might show he's been an effective heel, but historically (with the exception of Angle) "(name) sucks!" chants are for wrestlers the fans want to see gone. Live reports back up the fact that the crowd really hates AJ.

This reaction is very strange, since as a face there was no good reason to hate him. He's an awesome performer (he's always reminded me of a smaller, more graceful Rob Van Dam.) and he's pretty much as Southern as you can be, so you figured the Nashville crowd would love him. It's dumbfounding.

Granted, AJ is probably a big reason why TNA is afloat buyrate-wise, and he's probably got a big following elsewhere, but since they play in front of the same crowd every week, you can't gauge how much all TNA fans truly like him/hate him. It's the main problem with not having a traveling show.

Guest the 1inch punch

Personally, and this is just me, but i dont like him because he looks like the retarded brother of Jamie Knoble

Guest pete

I don't understand the Nashville crowd turning on A.J like that. I mean his workrate is high. His matches have been usually the best of the card. He has the look of a superstar. So I don't understand why the fans turned on him.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

I think the crowd realized they had to choose between Lynn and Styles...

so they chose Lynn...even though he was playing the heel at first.

TNA responded by changing direction and making AJ the heel.

Guest J*ingus

It's not X-Pac "booooo, get lost!" heat, it's "you cocky asshole" Rocky 98 heat.

Guest Your Olympic Hero

Jingus - you hit the nail on the head. AJ is playing the cocky heel and the southern fans hate that. Unless your name is Ric Flair. :D