TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest bps "The Truth" 21

The One and Only NWA TNA week 10 thread

Guest Raven_Effect01

Best NWA-TNA show I've seen in a while after all that Russo shit plagued it for several weeks. Very good wrestling tonight in most of the matches, and thankfully the Dupps weren't on to waste time with another one of their segments, along with the Bruce Miss-TNA shit. It's about time Jerry finally put Russo on a leash.

Guest Nevermortal

GREAT FUCKING SHOW!

Could've done without the DOA reunion tag, but otherwise, one of the best NWA shows I've ever seen.

The guy in the Bullet Bob costume wasn't Road Dogg, because the guy didn't have his tattoos.

Guest Jobber of the Week

Good to hear the nice things. I won't write the company off yet then.

Guest Blue Bacchus
The guy in the Bullet Bob costume wasn't Road Dogg, because the guy didn't have his tattoos.

Argh! You're right! And I thought I was onto something.... :(

Guest ISportsFan

Well, I don't think Road Dogg is off house arrest yet, so maybe he's still the guy they plan on being the masked man. They may have had somebody stand in for him on tonight's PPV.

Jason

Guest cabbageboy

You've got to be nuts if you MISSED the Dupps.

Man this was more like it. Total smoking nonstop wrestling tonight, no BS. No Russo nonsense. Just sound match after match booking that flowed seemlessly. Nothing was quite as good as Lynn/Lo Ki/Styles but you won't see that stuff all the time.

Seriously, they cut out Disco's stupid shit, and most of the awful stuff. Total opposite of last week's dreck.

Thumbs up.

Guest The Notorious CRD

If TNA can put on shows like this more consistently, they'll have it made. Just an awesome night of action. Now I just have to avoid spoilers for a week! :)

Guest Vyce

It's going to be interesting.

Which will wind up being the better show? Tonight's PPV for NWA, or SummerSlam?

Barring a semi-classic in the form of Benoit / RVD this Sunday, I've got an idea which will win.

Guest RavishingRickRudo

This was my first time watching TNA, and I have to say right of the bat..

I HATE THE ANNOUNCING. Tenay is gold but the other guy (Don West is it?) is god awful. He blows up after a hiptoss. "OH MY GOD MIKE DID YOU SEE THAT!" "Yes, it was a very nice body slam" Really, when a 1 count and a corkscrew 450 get the same response.. Something is wrong.. That really, REALLY hindered my enjoyment of the show. His name is Don Callis, get him.

Low ki vs SATs blew my mind. Worth the price and then some. But WTF is wrong with Low Kis music? Why not just use his Indy stuff?

I don't really like the whole Russo-ie booking with the Tag Team that doesn't like each other but must work together angle with low-level guys. It worked with Rock/Foley and Austin/Michaels, but damn, not with those two guys.

Push Yang to the moon. TO THE MOON!

The title match was actually pretty good, I was surprised. Low Ki vs. Killings has to be on the horizon.

I don't need brian lawler on my tv screen.

Lynn/Styles was good, but they didn't need the first match. I LOOOVED how they worked the Ironman match though.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

"Push Yang to the moon. TO THE MOON!"

I agree with this statement 100%

In fact...Yang vs. Red is my new dream match...since Benoit and RVD are already going to go for the second time.

Don't ask me why...

but Yang vs. Red would be gold

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Sometime soon...

Dames will have his reviews of both this week (the good one) and last week (the bad one) up for everyone's viewing pleasure.

Hooray!

Guest J*ingus

I was at the show, as usual. A few thoughts that haven't been covered:

-Low-Ki remains the most over guy in the company, on this show at least.

-The ring attendant who takes the wrestler's accessories, Athena, is more popular (and prettier) than more or less all of the other women in the promotion. Do something with her, TNA!

-Russo was indeed in the hizzouse, as he came out to watch several segments.

As for next week...

SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS I WILL FUCKING RUIN NEXT WEEK FOR YOU SPOILERS

...BIG problem with a steady stream of people leaving after the end of the first show, resulting in a less-than-packed house for next week.

-Two dark matches which I assume will go on next week's show were Kid Kash beating Red (cool), and Bruce successfully defending his title against April Hunter (less cool, but better than last week).

-No, we STILL don't find out why Lawler hates Jarrett, or who the guy under the mask is. (Consensus says it's probably one of the Armstrong boys.)

-I wasn't in the building for these, but Monte Brown faced Sonny Siake, and the SATs fought Yang and Estrada.

-James Storm and Chris Harris won a damn good four-way tag team match over the Hotshots, Slash and Corbin (former OVWer Flash), and CZW's Backseat Boys (Trent Acid and Johnny Kashmere).

-In one motherfucking awesome main event, Jerry Lynn climbed the ladder to win the X Title. Even though Low-Ki had already worked once and Lynn and Styles had worked TWICE (and not exactly gone easy on themselves, either) they put on a balls-out match here which is easily the equal to the WW(F)E's ladder matches. Too many spots to even attempt to call, let's just say it was fucking incredible. ORDER THE SHOW FOR THIS MATCH. It was THAT damn good.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

*is pumped by spoilers that he can't repeat*

But to dumb it down:

Jingus say: Order show because main event ladder match is worth the ten bones alone.

Guest Zack Malibu
-James Storm and Chris Harris won a damn good four-way tag team match over the Hotshots, Slash and Corbin (former OVWer Flash), and CZW's Backseat Boys (Trent Acid and Johnny Kashmere).

Wasn't Flash one of the guys with the 90 day no compete clause that got released around the same time as Mike Sanders?

Has it been that long already? Are we that close to Sanders yet?

I wasn't home for last night's show, but I did have a tape recording it, and boy oh boy does it sound like a keeper. I totally agree that Yang should get pushed to the moon, and the show as a whole simply sounded great, so I can imagine my reaction when I watch the tape this weekend.

I hope that the masked man isn't a replay of the SMW "Armstrong's Avenger" angle where it wound up being Brad Armstrong under the mask. Yeah, he's always been a solid worker, but the guy has name value for all the wrong reasons (in other words, everyone only knows him as a bum).

Nice to see that Brian Lee's debut wasn't horrible, like many expected, and it's good to hear he's in good shape.

Bravo, TNA, you're doing just fine.

Guest cabbageboy

From the spoilers it sounds cool but I'm sorry to hear **** ***** *** ***** ** *******. That dude is awesome.

Guest ISportsFan

Cabbageboy, I suggest editing your post to get rid of the spoiler in it, as somebody might want to keep it spoiler-free.

Jason

Guest J*ingus
Wasn't Flash one of the guys with the 90 day no compete clause that got released around the same time as Mike Sanders?

Has it been that long already? Are we that close to Sanders yet?

No, Flash didn't have the no-compete clause in his contract.

GOD.....DAMMIT.

I purposely skipped Jingus' spoiler to continue reading the thread and YOU Cabbage Boy have RUINED next week for me.

Dames