TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Black Tiger

Scariest movie PERIOD

Guest Black Tiger

For whatever reason, any type of movie. What is the single most scary movie you have ever seen. Mine is simple.

2 letters, one word...

IT

I saw the movie the first time when I was nine, then again when I was twelve, then when I was seventeen I could watch the whole movie without having nightmares or being scared shitless of clowns

Guest Youth N Asia

It scared the living hell out of me when I was younger...that damn clown Pennywise

"They all float down here, Georgie..."

For right now I'll agree with that

Guest Ripper

It and the Shining...

Neither one is that scary to me now, but GOD DAMN if they were scary when I was a kid.

Guest Black Tiger
"They all float down here, Georgie..."

"and when your down here with me....YOU FLOAT TOO!"

Guest Ravenbomb

I never understood why It was so scary.

For me, it's a 4-way tie. Halloween, Evil Dead, Dawn of the Dead, and Zombie.

Those 4 movies scared the living crap out of me when I was little, and if I watch them at night or while alone in the house, they can still get to me a little bit.

I'm just terrified of Zombies. That's the only thing that can get to me in general. Big crowds and heights and tight places can get to me, but only when I'm in them. Zombies just plain get to me.

Guest Youth N Asia

Dawn of the Dead is the shit...I couldn't get scared by it cause I'd be watching the movie and just thinking "This kicks ass!"

Evil Dead is a good pick...ED2 would be good...but a lot of comedy takes away from the scares

The Exorcist for me......but IT scares the shit out of me.....I never saw the ending because of the Giant Spider thing it turned into.

Dames

Guest kkktookmybabyaway

"I never saw the ending because of the Giant Spider thing it turned into."

Thanks for ruining the ending for me!!! ;)

Guest El Satanico

The Shining is the only movie that can still make me turn away at certian scenes.

The twins and the old woman in the bath tub still scare the shit out of me.

The Exorcist is probably one of if not THE scariest movie for kids. The movie doesn't scare many adults, but it will always scare the living shit out of kids. I still have two friends that still can't stand to watch her spin her head around.

Guest C.H.U.D.
Black Christmas has always managed to send shivers up my spine, even when I re-watched in on DVD last year.

Guest What?

Glitter

After watching that POS, I'd have a nervous breakdown, too

In all seriousness, I don't really watch horror movies anymore, but the one that got to me the most was Halloween. Micheal Myers scared the shit out of me to the point that I couldn't walk home alone for a month.

And I Still Know What You Did Last Summer is hilarious to me to the point that I'm bustin out MST3000 jokes.

-Julie and Co. are running through the attack, when Julie looks down to see her bed-

Julie: My room...

Me: "Funny how I never noticed it before...god knows I'm always on my back..."

-Julie looks at the tanning booth-

Julie: Oh great...Cancer in a box

Me: "She must have seen this DVD too"

Guest godthedog

'repulsion'. oh my god is that movie fucking freaky. there's generally 2 types of horror movies: the ones that have a lot of quick little scares, & the ones that slowly build the tension to the point where you can't breathe. 'repulsion' puts them both seamlessly together, even better than 'the exorcist' did (at least IMO). the decay, the sense of claustrophobia, the whole atmosphere was just oppressive. and i jumped three fucking times in that movie. i can count the number of times i've ever jumped in my adult life at a movie on 2 hands, & 3 of those times were in that movie. the whole thing was just unreal.

Guest Shaved Bear

Master P's I'm Bout it...I was scared shitless thinking how horrible it was

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

I never thought periods were very scary, just don't give your girl lovin when she has one

Guest LaParkaMarka

"In The Mouth of Madness". Now that movie was legit creeeeeeepy. You all go watch it now.

Guest Angle-plex

If you saw the first Nightmare on Elm Street without knowing anything about Freddy or the plot, it was creepy as hell.

That, Poltergeist, and Kazzam are the only movies that scared me.

Guest J*ingus

I'd throw in a vote for "Alien", as it has pretty much every possible different scary thing in it that you could think of. Violent death, semi-sexual penetration, bizarre insects, claustrophobia, dark & quiet rooms and hallways, friends turning out to not be who you thought, the possibilty of something growing inside you, yucky insides, yucky faux insides, being picked off one by one, and finding out that your only safe place is in fact the most dangerous place of all. Terrifying.

Guest JAxlMorrison

I always end up turning away during the scenes in Pet Semetary when that chick's half crippled lunatic sister is involved. Now that bitch creeps me out, lol.

Guest Anorak

Halloween really scared me badly when I was younger, the soundtrack creeped me out almost as much as Michael Myers did. That theme still sounds plain EVIL to me even now.

Pennywise from IT is still the scariest and most disturbing horror character I have seen, its hard to put into words why but there's just something about clowns that always seems to creep a lot of people out. There was a thread on here ages ago specifically about IT because its just one of those films which had certain images and themes that stuck with most people who watched it.

Guest C.H.U.D.
I always end up turning away during the scenes in Pet Semetary when that chick's half crippled lunatic sister is involved. Now that bitch creeps me out,  lol.

Yeah, same here. When she is crouched in the corner of the bedroom and then runs up to the camera, it freaked me out.

You know, I'm really surprised that a lot of you actually saw IT, because if I can recall, it was a made for TV movie that came out on ABC. How did you guys see it? I saw it when it aired on TV.

Dames

Guest benoitrules2000

Well, I live in australia and it came out on vhs over here years ago.

I saw it when it i was about ten and it scared the SHIT out of me because evil clowns can be pretty fucking scary when your ten years old.

Also, someone once told me they saw a movie called "the dark side of hell" and that it was the scariest shit ever, has anyone seen it?

Guest Ravenbomb

IT is at the Blockbuster up near my house.

I thought of another one, but this one only scared me when I was little

Psycho 2. I was way little, had never heard of Psycho or mother or Norman or the Motel or anything about that. It was just too fucking scary. I didn't even know what movie I was watching until years later.

Guest Black Tiger

IT was an ABC Movie made in 1990. It got great rating and reviews so after airing it again, IT was released on Home Video in a two tape series. A few years ago it was condensed to one tape and in a few months its going to be released on DVD.

Guest Black Tiger
There was a thread on here ages ago specifically about IT because its just one of those films which had certain images and themes that stuck with most people who watched it.

That was another one I started, I'd made a mention offhand about how IT was the scariest film I'd ever seen and many...many agreed with me so I started a thread about WHY it was so scary. What does it for me is the way Pennywise looks like a happy clown for one minute, and then looks totally evil and sadistic the next. Its like that statue in Pee Wee's Big Adventure in real life, combined with the way he screws with your head.

Guest Ozymandias

Psycho. Yeah yeah, I know it's supposed to be "tame" by today's standards - but....

SPOILER WARNING if you don't know the plot of Psycho

....the idea of Norman carrying his Mother's corpse around and dressing it up and having conversations with it and then dressing up as her and murdering women whom "she" might get jealous of is so fucking creepy and disturbing that the movie didn't even need a big body-count, or any of the other "requirements" that make a movie scary. My skin is crawling just thinking of it.

Still has the most jolting, unnerving score of any horror movie ever made.

Guest DeputyHawk

For me, familiars The Exorcist & The Shining would top the list, but The Wicker Man isn't a million miles behind them. The villagers watching him go back to his sea-plane from behind the wall wearing their harvest festival animal masks, and the dude in the horse costume dodging in and out between the houses. **shivers**

Guest Vyce
I'm just terrified of Zombies. That's the only thing that can get to me in general. Big crowds and heights and tight places can get to me, but only when I'm in them. Zombies just plain get to me.

Zombies get me too.

I don't really get scared at movies....but zombie flicks can make me uneasy.

I think it's just the thought of there being dozens, if not hundreds, of undead humans, coming after YOU. To eat YOUR flesh. And they're pretty much unstoppable, because a) they're already dead and B) you take out one, there's another 3 to take its place. They're mindless, cannibalistic death machines.

As a kid, Shining scared me. It was those damn twin girls.

I can honestly say....Exorcist doesn't frighten me. At all. This will blow your mind - I watched it not too long ago, and it BORED me. I've read too many Clive Barker novels or something. That demon possession shit doesn't cut it with me.

IT, in my opinion, really isn't that great of a movie.....it's not really what I would consider frightening. But it does have some very unsettling moments and some disturbing imagery. And c'mon - Tim Curry is just THAT DAMN GOOD as Pennywise. I mean, think about it - this is a made-for-TV flick. In general, the quality of those are usually pretty poor. And yet Pennywise has stuck with us. That says a lot about Curry's performance.