TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Black Tiger

Scariest movie PERIOD

Guest Marshall

Alien Abduction: Incident in Lake County

AKA

Alien Abduction: The McPherson Tapes

It shit my pants watching this. I knew it wasnt real, I know a lot of people did. Did any of you?

Guest Perfect Plex

The Omen. Period.

Anytime I, an atheist, am scared by a movie about the AntiChrist, means it was a damn scary movie.

Guest Doomsault
I always end up turning away during the scenes in Pet Semetary when that chick's half crippled lunatic sister is involved. Now that bitch creeps me out, lol.

After I saw that for the first time, after that, I'd change the channel or fast forward it until it was over but now it's not so bad.

Halloween used to scare me a little, so did the original night of the living dead, now both are my favorite horror movies ever (+Phantasm).

Anyway, the scariest horror movies I've ever seen would have to be Night of the Living dead or Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Leatherface has always freaked me out.

Guest Grand Slam

The Exorcist is the only movie ever to scare me enough that I think about it afterwards. Jumping during a movie is all fine and dandy, but the real measure of a scary movie is how creeped out you are days after the movie is over.

Guest nl5xsk1

Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer ... not necessarily Scary per se, but so freaking unnerving that it scares you ... plus, it's a true story.

Guest SmarkySmark

Event Horizon

scenes from that movie still disturb me today even though I havent seen it in years.

Guest HellSpawn

Well, "The Crying Game" scared the $#!t of me, that Dil chick really show me a surprise.

J/K

I dunno, the closest movie could be 6th Sense or The Others, and that were just a few really really scary scenes.

Guest Dames Edna

Frailty - for the fact that something like that could actually happen

I dig movies with realistic horror - strikes closer to home

Guest dreamer420

I wasn't very scared during the Others but the two girls I went to the movies with left big scratch marks on my arms during the movie.

the 6th sense is another that scared me pretty good. I didn't expect that movie to be as frightening as it was.

I want to agree with whomever said Event Horizon. That movie disturbed me more than anything I've ever seen. I can still vividly remember the scene where they finally saw the ships log video where everyone was ripping each other apart and the awful screaming.

Guest netslob
Child's Play, the original...the original doll they used in that movie is so fuckin' creepy it scared me for years afterward (i was ten when i saw it)...i finally broke down and saw the sequels...they were STUPID and nowhere near as fucking unnerving as the original. i couldn't believe i was scared for years over that damn doll.

Guest El Satanico

I watched my parents copy of a few Faces of Death when i was like 9. I was more amused then scared, so i've been jaded twards what is suppose to scare you ever since. It may also be why death fascinates me and i love horror movies the bloodier the better.

Guest CoreyLazarus416

Blair Witch Project was fucking freaky when it came out, because just the HYPE from the commercials made me nearly piss myself one time when I went camping and needed to walk through the woods to get back to my site after using a nearby restroom.

I dunno, no movie has really scared me since I was little. But IT, Pet Sematery, and Child's Play gave me nightmares for years. Oh yes, and Gremlins gave me a few nightmares when I was little (like, 3 or 4), ones that I still remember PERFECTLY to this day...

Guest Jobber of the Week

Blair Witch Project was one of those movies that you either left scared (especially if you were in that High School at the time, where idiotic teens spread rumors that it was real), amused, or angry and wanting your money back.

I fell into the "amused" category, but anyway...

I vote for the Comedy Mr. Nanny Option.

Guest pochorenella

The Exorcist for me. And I haven't seen It for years but it did scare the shit out of me. Same with Alien and the Omen when I was a kid.

Event Horizon was creepy as hell but that last 20 minutes really killed the movie for me.

Guest J*ingus

Did anyone else think that Event Horizon was a fairly blatant ripoff of Hellraiser and Solaris?

Guest Lethargic
Did anyone else think that Event Horizon was a fairly blatant ripoff of Hellraiser and Solaris?

I just thought it was a ripoff of my money.

Guest evenflowDDT
Alien Abduction: Incident in Lake County

AKA

Alien Abduction: The McPherson Tapes

It shit my pants watching this. I knew it wasnt real, I know a lot of people did. Did any of you?

Oh man, you know it! When I first saw this the ending freaked me out so much I had to change the channel, so it wasn't until recently I found out it WASN'T real (yes, I am that damn gullible). If I think about that or "Alien Autopsy" too much I still can't sleep... but then the only movie movie I saw that ever scared me so much I'll never see it again is E.T.: The Extraterrestrial. I know that might strike a lot of you as funny but that movie traumatized me as a kid. I've never been scared (I've been shocked, but never long term terrorized like with E.T.) by any horror film, but damn you Steven Spielberg... damn you to hell!