TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Downhome

Has there ever been a moment where you...

Guest Downhome

Either because the sport was so bad at the time, or because of something a wrestler did, or whatever. Has there ever been a moment where you were embarassed to be a Pro. Wrestling fan?

Sincerely,

...Downhome...

Guest WrestlingDeacon

When an off hand comment is made about the Ultimate Warrior being dead and I explain his entire life's history to people in intimate detail to prove them wrong and they look at me funny.

Guest Grenouille

I have two that come to mind.

1. Mark Henry receives BJ from Sammy-This was the one that broke the camel's back and made me want to check out Puro. 200 tapes later I'd almost thank Vince Russo for producing shit on a weekly basis.

2. Triple H drops from 30-40 ft. in the air in a car, then shows up the next night without a scratch.

Guest Slingshot Suplex

Rick Steiner arguing with Child Play Chucky on the WCW video screen was the first thing that immediately popped into my head.There's probably plenty more but I don't know if there is anything worse.

Guest TheRockIsTheEuropeanChampion

The "Kiss My Ass" club. I stopped watching WWE almost completely after Survivor Series '01. What awful television, and it's only now starting to really turn around.

Of course, non-fans always make me feel embarrased, just because there's no way to make them get past the whole "fake crap" point. Trying to make them understand why *anyone* would watch wrestling makes me feel like a jackass.

Guest JHawk
Of course, non-fans always make me feel embarrased, just because there's no way to make them get past the whole "fake crap" point. Trying to make them understand why *anyone* would watch wrestling makes me feel like a jackass.

I absolutely hate that! So just do what I deal. Ask "Do you watch soap operas or TV dramas?" If they say yes, go "You do know it's scripted fiction, right?" If they say "They don't claim it's real" say "Neither do they." If that doesn't shut them up, they look stupid.

Guest Youth N Asia

Rick Steiner and Chucky

CHUCKY: "You'd better leave your brother, Scotty alone, Rick"

RICK: "Why don't you come down here and say that?!"

TONY: "What role will Chucky play at Halloween Havoc?!"

I swear to God those are true quotes.

I heard they were going to bring in Sandman/Hak when they were doing that laughing gimmick voice...that could have been cool...

Instead they build it for a month to give it to CHUCKY!

*YNA hides his face under the blankets*

Guest Jack Tunney

Whenever I go to Sam Goody to buy a WWF DVD there's always some hot girl who I went to school with working at the cash register there.So I end up not buying it because I dont want her to know I watch wrestling. This has happened like 3 times.The on the day some old guy was working there,they were allout of WM 17 DVD's.

There was also this girl in my History class who looked exactly like Stephanie McMahon but without a tan.(and it's funny becuase I look like HHH with short hair.)I always wanted to tell her she looked liked Steph,but once again I dont want girls to know I watch wrestling.

I would also have to go with the Kiss My Ass Club. I remember thinking that exact same thing too..."I'm actually embarrassed to be a fan."

Dames

Guest gwf0704

Robocop coming to Sting's aid against The Four Horsemen.

David Arquette becoming WCW World Champ.

Jay Leno v Hulk Hogan at Hogg Wild.

Stone Cold pointing a gun at Brian Pillman.

Drew F***ing Carey in the Royal Rumble.

The Gobbledygooper or whatever the hell his name was.

The Owen Tribute where a distraught widow of Pillman is interviewed by McMahon. Dont really know what the point of that was as she was in no condition and McMahon doesn't strike me as the most compassionate of interviewers.

More will come I'm sure......

:(

Guest bob_barron

The Owen Tribute where a distraught widow of Pillman is interviewed by McMahon. Dont really know what the point of that was as she was in no condition and McMahon doesn't strike me as the most compassionate of interviewers.

Pillman gun thing was cool.

Hey- at least Drew didn't win.

Vince interviewing Melanie was from the Pillman tribute

Guest Will Scarlet

I also agree with the Kiss My Ass Club. I almost just up and stopped watching the WWF when that was happening.

Guest gwf0704

The Owen Tribute where a distraught widow of Pillman is interviewed by McMahon.  Dont really know what the point of that was as she was in no condition and McMahon doesn't strike me as the most compassionate of interviewers.

Pillman gun thing was cool.

Hey- at least Drew didn't win.

Vince interviewing Melanie was from the Pillman tribute

Oops. My bad...

Guest J*ingus

Just a couple of weeks ago. I do commentary and other various stuff for some local feds, and my parents hate wrestling so they don't exactly follow it with baited breath. So, the ONE time my mom turns on a wrestling show, it just happens to be when those Samoans are beating the crap out of Moolah and Mae on Raw. Her: "Is THIS what you're doing?!" Christ on a cracker.

Guest Kotzenjunge

Yeah, typically, when I get someone to watch it finally, it happens to be on a night when they produce a REALLY bad show. The one time it didn't happen was when I had my quasi-girlfriend watch Raw with me the week before last, and she was actually getting into the Dreamer/Richards match for some reason. Also, seeing The Rock demolish Trips with "SHUT UP, BITCH!" made her more interested.

Anyways, I'm embarassed whenever they do some stereotype they're known for, like overly melodramatic stuff.

Fo sheez,

Kotzenjunge

Guest ShooterJay

Vince-Trish "bark like a dog."

If there was another fed, I would have quit watching right then and there.

I'm too weak I guess.

Guest MaxPower27

-Fingerpoke of Doom: It just disgraced the whole world of wrestling

-Kiss my Ass club. 'Nuff said

-The Undertaker "sacrificing" Steve Austin and crucifying him on the UT symbol. I actually stopped watching for a few weeks at that.

I agree with Kotzenjunge. It seems that they put on the horrible shows whenever I can get someone to watch with me.

Guest ISportsFan

Definitely any bra & panties mud/snow/pool match, which is just making sure that people don't take wrestling seriously.

Vince McMahon putting his bare BUTT on my TV.

People watching Hogan's offense with me (non-fans) and telling me that this is ridiculous how successful he was.

Stephanie and Austin being crucified.

Jason

Guest The Electrifyer

I was very ashamed when the Pat Patterson and Gerald Briso evening gown match and pretty much most of there disguiting antics like when Patterson had that underwear with the stain and was stinkfacing Rikishi.

Guest Jack Tunney

Why is it whenever you watch wrestling over a relatives house something completely stupid is on RAW or SD?Like on Thanksgiving your grandmother walks in during the gravy pool match or something. No one ever walks in during something like Benoit/Austin.

Guest WrestlingDeacon

They do that kind of stuff, becaue it's a holiday. They know that large groups of people will be together and watching t.v. after all of the festivities are over. That's why you have all those t.v. holiday specials. The WWE thinks that they can suck in more people with gratuitous entertainment like comedy bits and T&A instead of actual good wrestling and character involvement.

Guest BionicRedneck
I was very ashamed when the Pat Patterson and Gerald Briso evening gown match and pretty much most of there disguiting antics like when Patterson had that underwear with the stain and was stinkfacing Rikishi.

Oh Jesus.

The Hardcore Evening Gown match. What a disgrace. An abortion like that is something which muct only take place for Vince's amusement. Sick.

Guest TheRockIsTheEuropeanChampion

Much like the Kiss My Ass club. Oh, it's come full circle! Too bad VKM has that problem.. He tends to do things for his own amusement rather than for the fans or for strong ratings or for ANYTHING reasonable.

Erm...

Guest Fook_Hing_Ho

I have to agree with Kotzenjunge. Every time someone I know decides to try to watch wrestling with me, it's always a fucking horrible show. Or it's at a point in the show that no one wants to see, like a stinkface or something.

Guest deadbeater

Molly and Trish were about to begin a series of the age-old epic struggle between being modest, pure and wholesome and being sexy, sassy and free, that would take women's wrestling in US to new heights. It would be WWE's answer to Manami Toyota vs Aja Kong.

Then Trish goes on to say "You're jealous because--you have a fat ass". :(

Guest dreamer420
Whenever I go to Sam Goody to buy a WWF DVD there's always some hot girl who I went to school with working at the cash register there.So I end up not buying it because I dont want her to know I watch wrestling. This has happened like 3 times.The on the day some old guy was working there,they were allout of WM 17 DVD's.

There was also this girl in my History class who looked exactly like Stephanie McMahon but without a tan.(and it's funny becuase I look like HHH with short hair.)I always wanted to tell her she looked liked Steph,but once again I dont want girls to know I watch wrestling.

grow up a little dude. are you going to stop watching wrestling if a girl tells you to? i make sure to let a girl know before getting involved, what role wrestling plays in my life.

Guest converge241

The UnAmericans talking about how Bush cant defend the country (as we approach 9/11 anniversary).

Mae Young birthing the hand.

anytime Vince was getting naked/getting it on.

Guest Bricks

"Choppy choppy your pee-pee"

Well, not that quote, but the final scene with Val tied up and the sword coming down when the lights went off.