TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Eagan469

The One And Only Summerslam Thread

Guest Shanghai Kid 2002

If you didn't like Summerslam...than you have some personal hate for the WWE.

The booking might of been bad, but this was still the best ppv of the year. Every match except Test/Taker was above average.

And like I said before, even HBK doing a huge table spot and a ladder spot is not going to get any of you HBK/HHH haters to like it. The match was good, despite the little "majority" thing going on here. I don't see how anybody can say "man I wasted my money, it wasn't good". What the fuck, the matches were great, HBK vs HHH was a brutal brawl that was better than most everybody thought it was going to be...and yet people still are sitting there saying "this ppv blew"...UNBEFUCKINGLEAVABLE.

Guest Brian

The main event was fine. It did exactly what it was supposed to do. It was a decent match.

The HBK/HHH match was good, I wouldn't say it was great because there was very low expectations on what they could do and how well they could do it, but it told an excellent story and was the best brawl I've seen in two years.

Guest Downhome
If you didn't like Summerslam...than you have some personal hate for the WWE.

The booking might of been bad, but this was still the best ppv of the year. Every match except Test/Taker was above average.

And like I said before, even HBK doing a huge table spot and a ladder spot is not going to get any of you HBK/HHH haters to like it. The match was good, despite the little "majority" thing going on here. I don't see how anybody can say "man I wasted my money, it wasn't good". What the fuck, the matches were great, HBK vs HHH was a brutal brawl that was better than most everybody thought it was going to be...and yet people still are sitting there saying "this ppv blew"...UNBEFUCKINGLEAVABLE.

I don't even know who you are, but I agree with you 100%. Hell, I even loved Test/Taker. I liked the bit where they has Test run in the tag match and ended that with his Big Boot, to reinforce the fact that the move is something worthy to take someone out...

...then in the Test/Taker match, when Test broke it out and then Taker kicked out of it, it was just great to me. Besides, I ALWAYS mark out for The Tombstone. :D :D :D

Guest Bricks
The HBK/HHH match was good, I wouldn't say it was great because there was very low expectations on what they could do and how well they could do it, but it told an excellent story and was the best brawl I've seen in two years.

Two years?

So, HHH vs Cactus Jack. Royal Rumble 2000?

Sorry, but I'm just curious.

Guest the pinjockey

Where are all of these people saying this PPV blew. I am one of the people who didn't like HHH/HBK but I still feel like i got my money's worth and that was really the only complaint I saw from people matchwise. The booking was shit a majority of the time but that is not going to take away from the matches themselves.

Guest Downhome

Two years?

So, HHH vs Cactus Jack. Royal Rumble 2000?

Sorry, but I'm just curious.

That's been over two years ago.

Guest Brian

That's really the last match I could of thought of, maybe HIAC, where it was a brawl but it all made sense and built so well.

Guest CanadianChris

I would've enjoyed the match more had they not make it seem like HBK's back was FUBARed so early, and then all of a sudden it's I HAVE THE POWER and they go another 15 minutes. That took a lot out of it for me.

Guest NaturalBornThriller4:20

Rey Mysterio/Kurt Angle:**1/2

Chris Jericho/Ric Flair:**

Edge/Eddie Guerrero:**

Undertaker/Test:*

Booker T & Goldust/Lance Storm:*1/2

RVD/Chris Benoit:***(MOTY)

Shawn Michaels/HHH:****(Co-MOTY)(Sue me!)

The Rock/Brock Lesnar:**

Guest Phr33k

Angle/Rey: ***

Jericho/Flair: **1/4

Edge/Eddie: ***3/4

Benoit/RVD: ****1/4

BookDust/Unamericans: **1/2

Undertaker/Test: **

HHH/HBK: ****1/2, WWE MOTY so far

Rock/Brock: ***1/2

I can't remember the last time I saw such a good show. I'm getting Angleflamed for it, but if I cared, I wouldn't be posting this, right?

Guest ISportsFan

After watching at the friend's house, I'm back for initial thoughts.

Of course, I need to watch it again for better perspective.

Angle/Rey: ***1/2

Flair/Jericho: **

Edge/Eddy: ***1/4

Bookerdust/UnAmericans: ***

Benoit/RVD: ****1/4

Test/UT: 1/2*

Michaels/HHH: ***1/2

Brock/Rock: **3/4

Only one real crap match, and many awesome bouts. I marked the heck out when Benoit pulled out the awesome ROLLING NORTHERN LIGHTS HAMMERLOCK SUPLEXES~! Wow.

Jason

Guest fairtoflair7

I was there. It was great. Micheals is the man. AFter, cameras went off people turned on the ROCK like crazy. It was surreal. He said" THis is the last time ull see this". He kept trying to do the the smell thing but it got booed.

Guest Downhome
I was there. It was great. Micheals is the man. AFter, cameras went off people turned on the ROCK like crazy. It was surreal. He said" THis is the last time ull see this". He kept trying to do the the smell thing but it got booed.

F*ck Rocky and his contant returning to WWE only to leave in a matter of weeks. Either stay, or go away for good, that's how I feel about the ass.

Guest NazMistry

Angle/Rey *** (too short)

Flair/Jericho * (complete waste, why should Flair win?)

Edge/Eddie ***1/2 (Good, but Edge no-sold the shoulder to win)

RVD/Benoit ***1/2 (Not as great as I expected)

BookerDust/Un-Americans ** (Formulaic, Fuck them for jobbing Booker)

Test/Taker *1/2 (Not bad for the participants)

HBK/HHH **3/4 (All HBK, FUCK YOU Triple H)

Brock/Rock **1/2 (* just for the bizarro crowd.)

Guest NaturalBornThriller4:20

Hmmmm....

Rock turns Heel and Brock turns Face in the

same match.

Haven't seen that since Wrestlemania 13.

Guest NazMistry
Hmmmm....

Rock turns Heel and Brock turns Face in the

same match.

Haven't seen that since Wrestlemania 13.

Yeah but you gotta believe this isn't was not meant to happen.

Guest TheHulkster

Angle/Rey: I've seen counters in this match that i've never seen in any wrestling match in my entire life. The first minute was just off the charts and Rey looked like a million bucks even in losing. The only knock on it was it's length. ***1/2

Jericho/Flair: This match sucked hard and liked it. 95% of the offense consisted of chops and Jericho jobs to a fucking figure 4? *1/2

Edge/Eddie: Eddie and Benoit had a running contest to see who could do a better job beating the shit out of their opponent's left arm. It's a close one. That frog splash to the arm was pretty awesome, but it has tough competition in Benoit's rolling Hammerlock Northern Lights Suplexes. Edge did a better job selling than Rob Van Dam, but Benoit's offense was more destructive looking than Eddie's various array of submissions. I'll give it to RVD-Benoit even though I didn't think it was as good as the Raw match.***1/4

Benoit/RVD: ***1/2

BookDust/Unamericans: This was much better than I expected and the first good Un-Americans tag match. They did a great job building to the tag. The finish really sucked though.**3/4

Undertaker/Test: Not as bad as I was expecting. It was nice to see the tombstone and the cross arms pin. Wasn't what I would call great though. Test looked a little lost. **

HHH/HBK: Best match on the show. It had a great build, great heat, solid psychology (Michaels using all the tricks from his best matches to try to beat Hunter), they both worked hard, and Hunter blades like he still has a set. Great match!****

Rock/Brock: Certainly an interesting match. I thought it was solid, but not great. If this card was a strange throwback to Survivor Series 1996, Would that mean Shawn Michaels would be playing the role of Bret Hart? ***

It's been said before, and I agree, this is the best show since WM X-7.

Guest Vyce

This is what I hate about the HHH / HBK match.

Yes, it may have been good.

But I hate both men.

More than you'll ever know.

I hate HHH. Pure and simple.

Michaels?

I was HAPPY his career ended.

There are few people in this world who I really wish ill about. He's one of them. I wouldn't shed a tear if he winds up a cripple.

So I have a problem with this match. Cause:

a) HHH will probably get some sort of a rub from this (you know it. SOMEHOW, he will. They'll either Foley-up Michaels, or someone in the back will credit this good performance to HHH "carrying" Michaels).

B) All the little HBK marks will come out to annoy me again.

Other than that, I can live with this PPV. Although I still say RVD should be holding the world title.

Guest cabbageboy

Guys, you've got to chill a bit. I didn't expect a whole lot going in, but HHH and Shawn shocked me tonight. That was probably the best match of the night, and unlike most I liked that finish.

Rey/Angle was ok but not amazing by any means. The Angle offensive portions were kinda dull.

I was just in shock that Flair beat Jericho with the figure 4. Utterly bizarre, but my dad likes Flair so it's cool...Jericho is fucked and forgot people. Time to move on.

Edge/Eddie was...strange. It wasn't technically a bad match or anything but it made no sense to me. Eddie works Edge's shoulder the whole match and Edge wins with a spear??? WTF? It just negated the entire match and I thought it was weird.

Booker and GD should have won if for no other reason than to not kill the crowd. UNS could just regain at the next show or whatever, but the match was decent enough.

Benoit and RVD was a difficult match in a lot of ways. Not a typical RVD match by any means, he did very few of his usual spots and Benoit essentially cleaned his clock for about 15 minutes. RVD sold the shoulder, thank you.

UT kills Test with the Tombstone, so life is good.

And what can I say about that bizarro main event? Compare Brock's match last month to this one, it's rather interesting. Tonight the Rock got booed by a lot of people in the crowd, I was just stunned by it. One time it might have been a pro Austin bunch of Texas rednecks. Twice it might have been a nostalgic Canadian crowd who remembered Hogan from WM 6. But against Lesnar, a man who had very little heat mind you, the Rock was booed big time. Rocky my man, it's time to either turn totally heel or hit the road and stay gone for good.

Guest Kotzenjunge

A way to explain Shawn's nip-up and kicking ass the rest of the match(until he got drilled with the sledge and all):

It was like one of those movies where the climactic scene has the villain beating the living shit out of the hero, and suddenly the hero flashes back to something or sees something that pretty much acts as a catalyst for ass-kicking. For a non-cinematic example(and the one that came to mind as soon as I saw it), I say:

Trips was Frieza, and Shawn was Goku. Goku got his ass kicked despite trying as hard as he could, and was in the darkest situation possible. So he ends up scraping the bottom and comes up with the motherlode of energy to kick Frieza's ass.

Shawn went SUPER SHAWN~! when he nipped up. I even made noises for him as he did it(ungodly scream, explosion, glowing noise).

Fo sheez,

Kotzenjunge

Guest EMAXSAUN

awesome. i just got back from it live, and it was spectacular. all the matches were good, even test vs taker, i think. i thought that the flair vs jericho match started out weak, but got better

Guest EMAXSAUN

..and , rocky is heel now i guess, because he cut a heel promo after the cameras stopped rolling, and the crowd chewed him out BIG TIME

Guest Hitman Jebus
Hmm..this brings to light this thought.

Maybe the fans in Toronto were'nt as much cheering for Hogan cause they wanted the Hulkster back as they were booing the Rock for leaving again???

NO WAY...TORONTO LOVES THE HULKSTER!!!!! LOVES HIM~!~!~!~!~!

Almost as much as my hometown of Montreal (thumbs up)

Remember the ovations!!!!!!

You know, for a real American Hero, Hogan doesn't get half the crowd pop in the US as he does in Canada

The Hitman Je(e)bus - Proud of our Canadian wrestling crowds

Guest Respect The 'Taker
Good show. Ony match I didn't like was HBK vs HHH.

For two apparent cripples, it blew the fuck through me...I loved every second to tell you the truth.

This has been the Taker Mark