TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Chunk

Wouldnt you rather see...

Wouldnt it be fair better to put angle in the main event and make it a triple threat match, and put Rey Mysterio against Noble for the Crusier weight belt?

Tha way the out come of the main event would not be soooooooooooooo obvious, as it could go to either Angle of Brock, and the crusier weight belt is plugged more.

The angle vs rey match is also doomed before it starts, if you ask me, so you could overcome this problem. When you think about it, if rey wins then angle is made to look like he cant even beat a crusier weight, when he should be main eventing (becauses hes that good) and if angle wins then rey's push would have been for nothing.

Plus, the styles of rey and angle are very different and i think a nobel/rey match would look far better than mixing angles mat style with rey's cruiser weight style.

Finally, this idea would also give someone for brock to feud with after summer slam (i.e. angle), as rock would have left to film his new movie.

Just my opinion, but it seems to make sense to me. What does everyone else think ?

ChUnK!

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

Ummm I'd rather they didn't have a Cruiser match at all then a hastily thrown together one with no feud or history behind it.

That's why no one cared about WCW's cruisers till the end.

they could have easily made histroy behind it tho, in the weeks coming up to summerslam. this would also have given us more crusier weight matches, in a division that they are supposed to be pluggin!

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen
they could have easily made histroy behind it tho, in the weeks coming up to summerslam. this would also have given us more crusier weight matches, in a division that they are supposed to be pluggin!

Not really since Rey only debuted a few weeks ago. And they can still "plug" the Cruisers without saving them a spot in EVERY major PPV.

Work the Cruisers into the schedule. (If possible)

Don't work the schedule around just for the Cruisers.

True. I just see Angle VS Rey as a bad match:

1) Your wasting angle who should be main eventing.

2) Rey and Angle have very different styles and, i dont think, will put on as good a match as Rey Vs another Cruiser (i.e. Noble)

3) As i posted above neither man can really win from the angle/rey match

4) Putting anlg in the main event as a triple threat match would increase the supprise over who will win (as it wouldnt be so obvious that brock would win, it could be either brock or angle)!

ChUnK!

p.s how coooooooooool! is my new signature, lol!

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen
True. I just see Angle VS Rey as a bad match:

1) Your wasting angle who should be main eventing.

2) Rey and Angle have very different styles and, i dont think, will put on as good a match as Rey Vs another Cruiser (i.e. Noble)

3) As i posted above neither man can really win from the angle/rey match

4) Putting anlg in the main event as a triple threat match would increase the supprise over who will win (as it wouldnt be so obvious that brock would win, it could be either brock or angle)!

ChUnK!

p.s how coooooooooool! is my new signature, lol!

1) Angle main-evented last show, and this is the first time in a LONG time that we have had a really good feud going in to the title match. Why muck it up by sticking Angle in?

2) Angle and Kidman had an excellent match on free TV. I think you should have a bit more faith in both men.

3) Well, This I agree with, but it looks like Rey is running with the big boys now, so this is to give him some credibility. Still, I see Angle taking it. Rey can afford a job.

4) No, it would still be fairly obvious that Brock would be taking it since they've all but promoted him as such since KOTR.

I like the riff on Green Lantern in the sig.

yeah good point, i agree that the match between angle and kidman was good. perhaps i should have more faith, it just seems a nit of a muddled way of doing things to me!

ChUnK!

Guest BionicRedneck

Personally, I don't want to see another Triple Threat main event. For Brock to become a strong champion he needs a convincing 1-on-1 win tonight (Shooting Star Press?)

Guest Flyboy
Personally, I don't want to see another Triple Threat main event. For Brock to become a strong champion he needs a convincing 1-on-1 win tonight (Shooting Star Press?)

Hell no...

That would get a pop out of the crowd... so.. that's out the picture.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

I agree. Not only that but he needs to be booked strong. The Undertaker was the best booked Undisputed Champion so far. He struck fear in his enemies and got the job done without help.

Of course, when you're the Undertaker, and your stiffest challenger is Jeff Hardy...

Guest Trivia247

Its pretty evident that The Main Event will lead to the Brock Angle feud, and Angle's current match with Rey is a time filler before he does the feud with Brock. There are positives and negatives with the Angle rey match, but I believe regardless of their contrasting styles they will still probably make each other look good. and after the match the meeting will be resolved Angle trots off after Brock and Rey turns his attention to Noble.

Guest MaxPower27

I think that Kurt is talented enough to have a good match with pretty much anyone. I mean, he made a somewhat watchable match with Mark-fucking-Henry, so when they put him in against an actually talented guy like Rey Rey, the match will be good. It's not going to be a MOTYC, but it'll be good. C'mon, it's Kurt-freakin'-Angle!

Guest cabbageboy

The only drama attached to adding Angle to the main event would be to see Brock beat him and save the Rock from jobbing. 3 ways are fine when there is a logical basis for doing them, but to me they always seemed like a lazy booking decision to avoid 1. One of the two contenders from jobbing to the other in a 1 on 1 contender match or 2. Saves the champ from actually jobbing the title.

The bigger problem WWE has if they want to push Angle against Brock is this: how will anyone take him seriously after he has been having all sorts of trouble with a midget like Rey? In the giant themed WWE world you shouldn't be jobbing to Rey and then beat a huge guy like Brock.

Guest chirs3

1) Angle in the Main Event in a Triple Threat? While I'm all for Angle in the main event, this kinda happened last month.

2) Any outcome other than Brock winning kills the push, so Angle's presence would be inconsequential.

3) Rey/Angle could work. He needs to win, but win a hard fought fight. If he pins Rey clean, he looks good for winning a hard match, and Rey looks good for putting up a good fight.

the only way i can see the angle/rey match working is if angle wins a hard fought battle (like someone said)!

I agree, because angle HAS to win if he is to challenge brock for the title, and rey has to be made to look creditable otherwise his push would have been pointless.

ChUnK!

Guest Anglesault

I think they should have put Kurt in the main event, Kurt over Rocky, getting Rocky some time off, not putting the belt on the heatless wonder, but still not making Brock lose.

Guest Mystery Eskimo

Brock will never do the Shooting Star Press, don't get excited about the prospect. Vince dosn't like his big men to do high flying stuff, remember. Hell, Big Show can do a moonsault and we'll never EVER see that.

Guest Extreme Forever

At SS Id rather see A RVD/Storm match Or the Raven/Dreamer feud again. That'd be great but of course its the wwe so we have to watch the rock face someone for the millionth time.