TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mattdotcom

Another Topic for Rob

Guest Mattdotcom

Just wanted to let you know that the reason Austin was upset and off his game was revealed in the video/DVD "Oh, Hell Yeah!" It shows footage from the "backdrop-attempt-Austin-kick" spot and Austin says Taker popped up and hit him in the jaw with his head. Austin was knocked out for a moment.

Great review, otherwise. And thanks again for helping me get my EWR back up.

Yeah, Rob's review was tight. Definitely took me back to '98 which is a good thing when doing a review.

I wish more people would react to articles here....*ahem*.

Dames

Guest Retro Rob

Sweet. 2 threads about me in the last 2 weeks.

Matt, thanks for the info on the Austin. BretHart4Ever also PM'ed me about it. Thanks for reading and commenting.

Dames, thanks for the compliment. I guess all that 1998 research paid off...

Guest kingkamala

Do a rant of Rock Bottom '98 (fends self from angry smarks) Just kidding! Just Kidding!

Guest Retro Rob

I don't own that show, nor would I ever review it. One crappy show (Road Wild 99) every few months is more than enough.

Guest Retro Rob

At least you came to your senses and decided against it. Sadly, I'm sure some people on this board are guilty of wasting $15 on that crap because THEY MUST HAVE EVERY WWE DVD!!!

Guest kingkamala

I got Unforgiven 98 on DVD which is meh, HHH-Owen Hart is pretty good and so is Dude Love Vs Steve Austin and the inferno match is surprisngly decent but the rest is crap.

Retro Rob are you going to review any more of the Best of WWF coliseum videos or review any more Greatest TV tapes?

Guest Retro Rob

The only Best of...tape I have left is Vol. 2. For this week I was thinking of doing the Coliseum Video, Raw Hits (Bret Hart-123 Kid).

As far as the TV comps go, I have about 3 more, but they take quite a bit of time to review. At the moment (school starting) I don't really have that much time, although I will be doing one once I settle in and get used to the school routine again.

Guest kingkamala
The only Best of...tape I have left is Vol. 2. For this week I was thinking of doing the Coliseum Video, Raw Hits (Bret Hart-123 Kid).

OOOHH Do that Raw Hits tape Bret Hart- 123 Kids was one of my favorite matches as a mark

Guest kingkamala

I bet you got if for the Oddities-Headbangers though :D , I remember them hyping the shit out of The Undertaker-Austin Buried Alive match

Guest Retro Rob

The buyrate for that show (.78) was much higher than I would have expected it to be.

Guest kingkamala

Well it was during the highly successful craptastic Russo era and what else would you order Goldberg jobbing to Nash on Starrcade 98 <_< ?

Guest Retro Rob

I just found it interesting because a good PPV like Over The Edge 1998 only brought in about .58.

Guest Mattdotcom

"Well it was during the highly successful craptastic Russo era and what else would you order Goldberg jobbing to Nash on Starrcade 98?"

I got both....fear me.....or respect me...

Guest Retro Rob

I'm working on this week's review, I couldn't help but make a Rock Bottom comment, so look out for it.

As for Matt, ::looks down and shakes head::

Guest kingkamala
"Well it was during the highly successful craptastic Russo era and what else would you order Goldberg jobbing to Nash on Starrcade 98?"

I got both....fear me.....or respect me...

Don't feel sorry I got Superbrawl X on PPV, with a double main event of Hulk Hogan-Lex Luger(Which is horrible I'd give it a DUD) and Sid Vs Jeff Jarrett Vs Scott Hall(Actually pretty good but it was only 6 minutes so I'd give it **1/4 maybe **1/2